Other Sports: Philadelphia Phillies: The Road To .500 (2024 Edition)

Rebels57

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
Not sure what's worse, setting up his bullpen so that Soto was his Bottom of the 9th option, or for the second time in a week not putting a runner on 1st to set up a Double Play to try to end the runner on 3rd jam.

Rob Thomson is not a good manager and the Phillies will never win a World Series with him. He can keep a clubhouse happy and his guys engaged, but has no feel whatsoever for decision-making.

If Dombrowski doesn't plug every single hole, Thomson will find a win to have that one hole be the reason they don't win a World Series.

Last edited:

DancingPanther

Foundational Titan
Jun 19, 2018
It's a July swoon, but the team is good enough to still go .500 even with all these dudes hurt or slumping. In a way, I'll take it.

As I've said since winter, shore up that bullpen and they'll be platinum. Right now they're golden. They're the class of the NL

Rebels57

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
It's a July swoon, but the team is good enough to still go .500 even with all these dudes hurt or slumping. In a way, I'll take it.

As I've said since winter, shore up that bullpen and they'll be platinum. Right now they're golden. They're the class of the NL

They are 26-23 since their 38-15 start with that easy April/May schedule.

Svechhammer

THIS is hockey?
Jun 8, 2017
Topper is f***ing atrocious at bullpen management. Time to take the kids gloves off with our treatment of him. So many games and probably at least 1 world title have been choked away because he's f***ing clueless about how to handle a bullpen.

If we don't win the WS this year and it's because of the goddamn bullpen, he's gotta go

The fact they are going to Soto for the bottom of the 9th of a tied game shows how far the bullpen has fallen.
Has little to do with how far it's fallen and more to do with a manager that doesn't know how to manage it. This is the same dumbf*** who brought Kimbrel in during the 7th when he historically sucks in that spot. He has no idea what he's doing

Halladay

Feb 27, 2009
H Town
They are 26-23 since their 38-15 start with that easy April/May schedule.
Look at the other top teams on baseball since then. None of them are playing great. The next 2 weeks or so are difficult, but right now it is more likely the Braves finish 3rd than 1st.

Rebels57

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
Look at the other top teams on baseball since then. None of them are playing great. The next 2 weeks or so are difficult, but right now it is more likely the Braves finish 3rd than 1st.

I dont really care about what other teams are doing. Teams that play better in the 2nd Half tend to go on longer playoff runs. Right now, thats not the Phillies.

Cody Webster

Jul 18, 2014
Rollins and Howard have a new podcast out. They had CC Sebathia on and he shared this gem

Damn link won't work. He talks about the Phillies away club house having the best cheese steaks in Philly, Howard and Rollins agree with him, and he says when they were here for the playoffs, him Fielder and Corey Hart put down 28 of them 😂

Nogatco Rd

Did you just call me Coltrane?
Apr 3, 2021
IMG_5283.jpeg

Anyone try this bad boy? Can I get a review?

• Wow
Reactions: Rebels57

Nogatco Rd

Did you just call me Coltrane?
Apr 3, 2021
I haven't had that particular one but I split one with my brother...don't think I could ever eat more than half of one.
Idk if I understand, you didn’t have the donut cheeseburger at the Phillies game but you split one from somewhere else? How was it?

I was in red bank NJ last weekend and passed up a bacon egg and cheese breakfast sandwich served on a glazed donut and now I can’t stop thinking about it. Might be my biggest regret of 2024 so far.

Reactions: SnS

Fire Tortorella

Formerly Flyersfan1406
Sponsor
Apr 2, 2010
PA
Idk if I understand, you didn’t have the donut cheeseburger at the Phillies game but you split one from somewhere else? How was it?

I was in red bank NJ last weekend and passed up a bacon egg and cheese breakfast sandwich served on a glazed donut and now I can’t stop thinking about it. Might be my biggest regret of 2024 so far.

Yeah, didn't have the one at Citizens Bank Park but have had similar elsewhere. It's OK, more of a novelty "try it once" type of thing that actually good IMO. Just an odd combination of flavors.

I could see it being better with the bacon egg and cheese.

Reactions: Nogatco Rd

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad