Other Sports: Philadelphia Phillies: The Road To .500 (2024 Edition)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Halladay

Feb 27, 2009
H Town
If you look at the past 30 games (so a little more than a month), they are 16-14. Maintaining this pace over the rest of the year gets them to 96 wins, that will won the division. The Dodgers are a game better and the Orioles and Guardians a game worse. The Brewers and Braves the same record. The Yankees are 10-20. Alot of the top teams are going through lulls. The Astros and Mets are the top teams in that time period with 20 and 19 wins and then the Twins, Red Sox, and Pirates all have 18.

While they are struggling, I don't think they will go into free fall like the Yankees are and I still expect them to win the division. They definitely need to add another high end reliever and outfield bat though I don't think a closer is necessary as Hoffman should be that. Despite his struggles Jose is still very good against lefties and using him situationally against them for now would work.

Reactions: Rebels57

dragonoffrost

It'll be a cold day...
Sponsor
Feb 15, 2019
Hell
At least the Braves lost again. Alot of the top teams in the league are struggling.
To the Reds who can beat the Phillies, Dodgers, Yankees and Braves but loses to the Tigers and Nationals. Baseball.....

If you look at the past 30 games (so a little more than a month), they are 16-14. Maintaining this pace over the rest of the year gets them to 96 wins, that will won the division. The Dodgers are a game better and the Orioles and Guardians a game worse. The Brewers and Braves the same record. The Yankees are 10-20. Alot of the top teams are going through lulls. The Astros and Mets are the top teams in that time period with 20 and 19 wins and then the Twins, Red Sox, and Pirates all have 18.

While they are struggling, I don't think they will go into free fall like the Yankees are and I still expect them to win the division. They definitely need to add another high end reliever and outfield bat though I don't think a closer is necessary as Hoffman should be that. Despite his struggles Jose is still very good against lefties and using him situationally against them for now would work.
Watch counting on Hoffman to continue to do what he is. The dude can implode for a long stretch at any moment.

Hollywood Cannon

I'm Away From My Desk
Jul 17, 2007
South Jersey
Shouldn't this be in the septic tank thread? Jsaq is a long way from his hockeybuzz days (i.e. he's an idiot now) and Charles is commenting on...well anything.

Crochet would mean Painter goes the other way. The only guy I ship Painter out for is Skubal
This thread needs a bit of levity so I posted news along with the village idiots.

Flybynite

Feb 25, 2018
If this starts with the god damn game in 2026, we riot.

It won't. The only reason the 2026 all-star game is in Philly is because it's the 250th anniversary of July 4th, 1776.

So it will have something in the logo to reflect that. The biggest question is. So what term is gonna be used for the 250th?

Semiquincentennial, Bisesquincentennial, Sestercentennial or the Quarter Millennial

Halladay

Feb 27, 2009
H Town
Wheeler was awesome tonight at least.

With Rojas on the team Pache is redundant and Klemens should probably be on the team instead of him.

Walking the 9th hitter never ends well.

Last edited:

Rebels57

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
Nice to see our only reliable reliever Hoffman into a scoreless 8th, walking 2 batters, and about to lose the game.

Rebels57

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
This dumbass really brought Soto into a game with runners on 1st and 2nd in a scoreless 8th.

😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂

Flybynite

Feb 25, 2018
Soto in late and close games
.311 BAA/.429 OBP

Yea... Let me throw this guy in the 8th inning of a 0-0 game.

got out of it by the skin of their neck

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Soto in late and close games
.311 BAA/.429 OBP

Yea... Let me throw this guy in the 8th inning of a 0-0 game.

got out of it by the skin of their neck
They want to give him more leverage spots with Alvarado having problems. I would definitely find another lefty. With rumors that they looking at a starter, maybe they think they can fixate Sanchez or Ranger in those spots.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad