Other Sports: Philadelphia Phillies: The Road To .500 (2024 Edition)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Halladay

Feb 27, 2009
H Town
All could see that coming. You get what you deserve Rob. There isnt going to be a big lead if he keeps on giving games away. Nola was bad tonight, both the pitching and Rob take the L tonight.

DancingPanther

Foundational Titan
Jun 19, 2018
Pitching let them down from inning #1. Letting them back in again and again is asking for it. Nola set that table and Alvarado are off it

Rebels57

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
Another Bullpen/Rob Thomson Masterclass tonight!

One of the worst losses of the season.

They have ZERO chance of winning a World Series with this Bullpen. I dont give a shit where they currently rank in categories. They have racked up good numbers against bad teams in April and May and have been mediocre to bad ever since.

All could see that coming. You get what you deserve Rob.

How do you not walk Cruz there with 1st open to put the DP in order? Just awful.

Adam Warlock

Apr 15, 2006
Another Bullpen/Rob Thomson Masterclass tonight!

One of the worst losses of the season.

They have ZERO chance of winning a World Series with this Bullpen. I dont give a shit where they currently rank in categories. They have racked up good numbers against bad teams in April and May and have been mediocre to bad ever since.

How do you not walk Cruz there with 1st open to put the DP in order? Just awful.
Yup. Been sayin it for a while. Theres no one i trust handing the ball to in that 9th. They need a stud closer rob doesnt have to overthink.

zizbuka

Apr 4, 2017
Turned it on in the 5th inning. They were talking about Wilson playing to get more offense out of the outfield, but Marsh sits in favor of Nicky C? Coming off a break, and Stubbs plays over Marchon? Why was Stott sitting?

If I'm Marchon, I ask the Phils to move me. You don't think I'm better than Stubby?

Reactions: BiggE

Flybynite

Feb 25, 2018
Turned it on in the 5th inning. They were talking about Wilson playing to get more offense out of the outfield, but Marsh sits in favor of Nicky C? Coming off a break, and Stubbs plays over Marchon? Why was Stott sitting?

If I'm Marchon, I ask the Phils to move me. You don't think I'm better than Stubby?
Pirates starter was a lefty. Marsh has an OPS under .400 against lefties this year. Castellanos has the best OPS among Phillies outfielders against lefties this year.

Reactions: BiggE and Rebels57

BiggE

SELL THE DAMN TEAM
Jan 4, 2019
Somewhere, FL

Agree with you re the catching but sitting Marsh against a lefty is the right call and it’s why they need to add a right handed hitting outfielder.

DancingPanther

Foundational Titan
Jun 19, 2018

Castellanos hit an RBI double in the 1st lol. Marsh blows against lefties anyway.

Sounds like JT is very close to a return so that's good. Marchan should be the backup though. To hell with the vibes

Halladay

Feb 27, 2009
H Town
1 hit over 4 innings. Not going to get it done so far. Sanchez is battling, good job to get out of the 4th without a run.

Halladay

Feb 27, 2009
H Town
With the way the phillies look tonight that might all they need. Good job for throwing away the game last night Rob. Keep on using Jose in these high leverage spots.

Reactions: Rebels57

Halladay

Feb 27, 2009
H Town
The white flag Ruiz is in in a 2-0 game.

Guessing Trea will be moved to the OF next season or the year after.

Halladay

Feb 27, 2009
H Town
Stott should probably be batting 8th or 9th right now.

Why is Strahm up in a game they are losing and not last night?

Last edited:
Reactions: Ironmanrulez

Rebels57

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
This team stinks

With the way the phillies look tonight that might all they need. Good job for throwing away the game last night Rob. Keep on using Jose in these high leverage spots.

Thats what pisses me off the most. Last night was a coaching loss, and now they follow it up with a dud performance.

Halladay

Feb 27, 2009
H Town
This team stinks

Thats what pisses me off the most. Last night was a coaching loss, and now they follow it up with a dud performance.
A bit hyerbolic yes but that is why you cant bring in Alvarado last night when Strahm hadnt pitched. You cant throw away games. Maybe they will learn, doubt it.

Nice to see Seranthony pitch well tonight.

That will do it, ump was terrible wasnt was a walk but it's over now.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad