Other Sports: Philadelphia Phillies: The Road To .500 (2024 Edition)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Hollywood Cannon

I'm Away From My Desk
Jul 17, 2007
South Jersey
It won't. The only reason the 2026 all-star game is in Philly is because it's the 250th anniversary of July 4th, 1776.

So it will have something in the logo to reflect that. The biggest question is. So what term is gonna be used for the 250th?

Semiquincentennial, Bisesquincentennial, Sestercentennial or the Quarter Millennial
I’m aware.

You underestimate the desire of current design teams to mail it in with minimalism though. I can absolutely see it happening.

Reactions: Chinatown88

PDX Flyer

Lost in the Woods
Nov 13, 2019
Chatter out of Baltimore is that the Phillies called asking about Cedric Mullins. You guys need a centerfielder?

wankstifier

All glory to the harvest god
Jun 19, 2018
Chatter out of Baltimore is that the Phillies called asking about Cedric Mullins. You guys need a centerfielder?
Eh... he'd definitely be an improvement against righties. I think a lot of his value comes from baserunning/fielding and the Phillies already have a guy who's a plus at both. Don't love that they'd be paying for those when they're primarily looking for an upgrade on offense.

Reactions: PDX Flyer

PDX Flyer

Lost in the Woods
Nov 13, 2019
Eh... he'd definitely be an improvement against righties. I think a lot of his value comes from baserunning/fielding and the Phillies already have a guy who's a plus at both. Don't love that they'd be paying for those when they're primarily looking for an upgrade on offense.

I don’t see the teams as a fit either. The o’s would want one of your bullpen arms and I doubt Phillies are trading any of them.

Adam Warlock

Apr 15, 2006
Casty gets a lot of shit but hes had some really big hits this season. When theyre fully healthy, you can do a lot worse than him as your 6 or 7 hitter.

Sombastate

Jun 19, 2011
Las Vegas
I don't think i've ever seen Cockring have a good performance. Literally not once. Obviously it happens, but never seen it with my own two

Rebels57

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
Bullpen just blew a 4-1 lead as soon as Nola came out. Absolutely horrendous bullpen.

Halladay

Feb 27, 2009
H Town
Can't walk and hit batters. They have too many relievers who are struggling to find the plate. Marsh didn't help though. Expect him to make that catch.

Reactions: Rebels57

Halladay

Feb 27, 2009
H Town
Probably going to get Soto or Jose in the 9th. The bullpen has not been good this month. Another arm or two is needed.

Rebels57

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
The fact they are going to Soto for the bottom of the 9th of a tied game shows how far the bullpen has fallen.

dragonoffrost

It'll be a cold day...
Sponsor
Feb 15, 2019
Hell
Can't walk and hit batters. They have too many relievers who are struggling to find the plate. Marsh didn't help though. Expect him to make that catch.
Walks will haunt....

I love that graphic and saying at Great American Ball Park when visiting teams walk people.

Halladay

Feb 27, 2009
H Town
Soto is doing what we expected. Can't find the zone. Tried to kill the umpire with that hbp.

Marsh has to catch the ball in the 7th. Probably was afraid of the wall, he just whiffed. Terrible loss.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad