Other Sports: Philadelphia Phillies: The Road To .500 (2024 Edition)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

swami24

Jul 24, 2020
Negro league stats are being added as MLB stats. That's kind of wild
Overall, this is a good decision. I had never looked at their stats before. The one thing I learned was that was their season was only 50 to 60 games. With that point, I wonder if their per season averages, era, etc, should be considered for top positions. The grind of the 154 or 162 season wears on players.

Flybynite

Feb 25, 2018
Overall, this is a good decision. I had never looked at their stats before. The one thing I learned was that was their season was only 50 to 60 games. With that point, I wonder if their per season averages, era, etc, should be considered for top positions. The grind of the 154 or 162 season wears on players.
Baseball-Reference uses a 2000 PA cut-off for the BA/OBP/OPS etc.. all-time leaders and Josh Gibson falls short just from the low amount of games.

I know some people are upset about including a 'lesser league', but MLB already includes lesser leagues in all-time stats.

Some of those late 1800s leagues are highly questionable and included. Take 1884. MLB counts the "Union Association" which lasted for ALL OF 1884. Four teams actually folded during the year. Replacements were added from 'lower minor league teams'

The best player was Fred Dunlap who hit .412. His best season after was a .272 BA in the National League. So a career "MLB" hitter with a .277 lifetime BA, hit .412 in the quality of that league for 1 season.

Yet that league is accepted as part of MLB's total stats. There's a whole slew of other similar type situations if you go through the late 1800s rabbit-hole lol.

• Love
Reactions: DancingPanther

PALE PWNR

Jul 10, 2010
Sewell NJ
Baseball-Reference uses a 2000 PA cut-off for the BA/OBP/OPS etc.. all-time leaders and Josh Gibson falls short just from the low amount of games.

I know some people are upset about including a 'lesser league', but MLB already includes lesser leagues in all-time stats.

Some of those late 1800s leagues are highly questionable and included. Take 1884. MLB counts the "Union Association" which lasted for ALL OF 1884. Four teams actually folded during the year. Replacements were added from 'lower minor league teams'

The best player was Fred Dunlap who hit .412. His best season after was a .272 BA in the National League. So a career "MLB" hitter with a .277 lifetime BA, hit .412 in the quality of that league for 1 season.

Yet that league is accepted as part of MLB's total stats. There's a whole slew of other similar type situations if you go through the late 1800s rabbit-hole lol.
Yea thats nonsense that those are included too.

Cody Webster

Jul 18, 2014
The Phillies are winning at a season long rate never before seen in human history and this is what this guy is saying? Lol

He has lost a ton of weight
He's down to like 330 pounds, from a high of 500. He's gone on a walk for like 225 consecutive days now and he's cut out the 18 sodas he used to drink per day. Looks a hell of a lot better. Still a crazy though

Reactions: DancingPanther

Magua

Entirely Palatable Product
Apr 25, 2016
Huron of the Lakes
18 sodas….per day

Yuck.

giphy.gif

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad