Other Sports: Philadelphia Phillies: The Road To .500 (2024 Edition)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

trostol

Learn to swim, Learn to swim
Jan 30, 2012
R'lyeh
There a reason Kruk doesn't do away games? I mean I watch on mute anyway cause TMac is awful....

Rebels57

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
nYYAgR764qDTL7Ja7Y.gif

Danko

The Bearer of Bad Knees
Jul 28, 2004
My wife caught a foul ball off a Rojas At Bat tonight! I caught one in the same spot earlier in the season but ended up giving it to a kid. My family ridiculed me that I should have given it to my daughter, so when the 11/12 year old boys in front of us tried to give us the puppy eyes, said not tonight

Ironmanrulez

#nEvErrEbUiLd #nEvErpLaYyOuTh #nEverpLaYsKiLL
Jul 1, 2010
Cologne, Germany
Hoffmann and Alvarado are very good late inning pitchers. I still think we need one more, cause i will never trust Dominguez and Soto isnt playable in my eyes!

Reactions: Rebels57

Ironmanrulez

#nEvErrEbUiLd #nEvErpLaYyOuTh #nEverpLaYsKiLL
Jul 1, 2010
Cologne, Germany
When Trea comes back and Edmundo goes back to the bench in favor of Nick it is going to be a sad day. Rob will continue to gaslight everyone though about him though.
Ive asked this questions so many times to myself. Maybe this is the right time to ask you guys: why didnt Teams rotate more in american Sports and especcially in Baseball with soooo many games in one season! Especcially when you will make the playoffs with 10 games up or something.

Ive watched european Sports my whole life and substitutes are part of every game. It prevents injuries. It prevents fatique. Its good for the moral in the whole team, cause everyone is bigger part of success.

Why cant we play Turner, Sosa, Stott in a Rotation. For example every guy gets a rest every 3rd game.

I played a lot Out of the Park Baselball and i used to rotate like that in the regular season on some position i had good Talents in the second row for example.

The NBa and the NFL are starting more and more with load Management and subitutions from game to game. Why not the mlb?

Halladay

Feb 27, 2009
H Town
Ive asked this questions so many times to myself. Maybe this is the right time to ask you guys: why didnt Teams rotate more in american Sports and especcially in Baseball with soooo many games in one season! Especcially when you will make the playoffs with 10 games up or something.

Ive watched european Sports my whole life and substitutes are part of every game. It prevents injuries. It prevents fatique. Its good for the moral in the whole team, cause everyone is bigger part of success.

Why cant we play Turner, Sosa, Stott in a Rotation. For example every guy gets a rest every 3rd game.

I played a lot Out of the Park Baselball and i used to rotate like that in the regular season on some position i had good Talents in the second row for example.

The NBa and the NFL are starting more and more with load Management and subitutions from game to game. Why not the mlb?
Unfortunately he is rotating players to particularly get Whit in the lineup and the one player he has yet to give an off day to is Nick :laugh:. When Trea does come back, they will need to find a way to get Sosa in the lineup more than he was playing before the injury.

Gregor Samsa

Sep 5, 2020
Had a weird run of tangential thoughts just now. I was thinking what is the worst case scenario with Ranger’s pitching hand? Obviously if it needs to be cut off and he loses it; but with science and cybernetics advancing rapidly a replacement hand for a pitcher might not be the worst thing in the future. A cybernetic hand wouldn’t need to worry about blisters and I’m sure there is the potential for incredible inhuman torque and rotation. I wonder what the ethics would be in the MLB when such a thing is possible

• Haha
Reactions: wankstifier

ponder719

The same New Era as before
Jul 2, 2013
Philadelphia, PA

MLB, in no small part because it's the oldest and most established of the Big 4 sports in the US, is generally the most resistant to change. There's a sense that the integrity of the game relies upon the rules, structures, and strategies being largely consistent from season to season, to the point where they put asterisks on single-season records that occurred over longer seasons for quite some time. It is damned hard to convince people in the sport to innovate or adopt strategies from elsewhere; look at how weird Bill Veeck seems, even today, for doing things just a little different than the next guy.

Baseball has adopted load management with respect to pitchers, and people bitch about that all the goddamn time. Just go back to the establishment of the first five-man rotations, and you'll hear people screaming their damn fool heads off about it. You get the same when teams started pulling starters after the second time through the lineup, or instituting strict pitch counts. People are a bit more tolerant of it these days, because it's been around much longer, but there's still that cadre of people asking why it's even necessary.

Eventually, baseball will adopt load management plans beyond platooning for position players, and people will scream bloody goddamn murder about that too, for years and years, but over time it will become normal. Give it 40, 50 years tops.

• Love
Reactions: Ironmanrulez

Gregor Samsa

Sep 5, 2020
I know the last time was like 8 years ago but with increased focus on pitch count I feel it will be a long time till another 20 k game. Even 15 or 16 strikeouts by a single pitcher feels pretty rare

Svechhammer

THIS is hockey?
Jun 8, 2017
Liner off the pitching hand

Could be very very not good
I mean even if it's nothing, there's no way in hell I'd have allowed him to keep pitching tonight. Even if it's just bruised, that would swell, and it would cause his mechanics to go to hell and putting him at risk of injuring himself another way.

The nice thing is, because of the current schedule there's a healthy gap until his next scheduled start, so he's got time to rest if it's not broken

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad