Other Sports: Philadelphia Phillies: The Road To .500 (2024 Edition)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Flybynite

Feb 25, 2018
I really do not think I can make it through the tv broadcast the rest of the season if Ruben Amaro Jr is in the booth every series. I may need to look into figuring out synching up radio or something

Reactions: Rebels57

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
When did this fallacy about bad pitchers eating innings making them valuable become a thing? If you suck in your innings, youre not valuable.
They went to a 6-man rotation last year so that they could save guys, and they weren't even in it to win the division.

Magua

Entirely Palatable Product
Apr 25, 2016
Huron of the Lakes
Thank Baby Jesus.

i-did-it-my-way-my-own-way.gif

LegionOfDoom91

Jan 25, 2013
Philadelphia, PA
I actually didn’t even know the whole backstory with Hernandez & the MLB until just yesterday when watching la video. I always assumed it was performance based but it wasn’t necessarily.

Hernandez has apparently generally rested closer to the average to below average range than the bottom on a yearly basis in regards to call accuracy over large samples. The MLB’s beef stems from him blowing a call in one of the early days of replay before they had a command center. I guess after getting crushed by fans & media Hernandez publicly put it out there that they didn’t give him the right angles to overturn the call. Which got the league pissed at him & started to drop him from key assignments. Then by the time he sued them the league had to try to run him down overall performance based as for their defense in the suit.

Reactions: Ironmanrulez

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad