OT: Philadelphia Phillies (MLB): Wheels and Sarge out.

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

zarley zelepukin

Oct 25, 2008
Norristown, PA
Solid player, but at his age I don't see him repeating what he did last year in what was basically a career best season.

I actually feel bad for Ruf. I can't blame the Phillies for wanting to upgrade but it seems like every OF they were linked to was a marginal upgrade over Ruf at best and Byrd is likely no different.

Hiesenberg

Jul 2, 2013
2 year

16 MILLION!!!

8 million a year for Marlon Byrd? Amaro just out-stupids himself every single year. This team is eventually going to be 10 years away from contending.

jml87

Jun 27, 2011
Marlon Byrd for 2/16?
475509.gif

Hiesenberg

Jul 2, 2013
A.J. Pierzynski is Ruben's #1 option at C if Ruiz bolts.

A.J. Pierzynski, who is 36, a career .750 OPS hitter is his #1 plan

So back to back 36 year olds. How much older is Ruben going to go?

Protest

C`est La Vie
Mar 28, 2008
Deptford, NJ
I asked my buddy if he thought we could squeeze Rick Flair in under the luxury tax because I think we have too much youth on this team.

LegionOfDoom91

Jan 25, 2013
Philadelphia, PA
I do think upstairs is pushing Amaro to make deal to try to keep this competitive for the next upcoming tv deal but it's not working at all. I just hope he can keep the years down if he is going to go nuts this offseason.

Once the tv deal gets settled he should be handed his walking papers though.

Broad Street Elite

Nov 9, 2011
I do think upstairs is pushing Amaro to make deal to try to keep this competitive for the next upcoming tv deal but it's not working at all. I just hope he can keep the years down if he is going to go nuts this offseason.

Once the tv deal gets settled he should be handed his walking papers though.

Agree. It's very clear that they are trying to secure the fiscal future of the team before working on the performance on the field. I honestly can't blame them and figure it's a long term good idea for the on-field product to secure the best deal possible.

Only way I see us being competitive this season is if a few of the young guys take HUGE steps forward to become All Star caliber players.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad