OT: Philadelphia Phillies (MLB): Wheels and Sarge out.

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Hiesenberg

Jul 2, 2013
Probably, but it would empty the system and they'd have to hope that nobody outbids them.

Feb 21, 2012
Pennsylvania
Think I recently heard someone on Philly Sports Talk say one of the Phillies biggest needs is a right-handed power bat. Feels like we've been looking for one of those for ages.

jml87

Jun 27, 2011
This team has gotten worse every year since Pat Burrell left. I don't think it's a coincidence that the Burrell aura faded slowly.

Lol, maybe in the playoffs but they won more games in the regular season progressively until 2012.

Truthfully, the real problem is Pabelbon. 102 win season in 2011, acquire Pabelbon, team becomes garbage.

Protest

C`est La Vie
Mar 28, 2008
Deptford, NJ
I'd say the problem was the keys to their rotation and lineup fell off an cliff, and the young guys that have the stuff to pitch out of the pen have no command.

Broad Street Elite

Nov 9, 2011
Bad news....

Phillies top prospect Roman Quinn ruptured his right Achilles tendon while running sprints near his Florida home and is out indefinitely.

"It just popped," Joe Jordan, the Phillies' director of player development, said. "He thought he stepped in a hole. It's really a tough one." Quinn, 20, was recently ranked by Baseball America as Philadelphia's fifth-best prospect. He was even higher entering the 2013 season, but missed significant game action with a fractured bone in his left wrist. Quinn has already undergone surgery on his ACL and begun a rehab program, and he might soon go under the knife again to improve the prognosis of his troublesome wrist. "Obviously, next year is going to be impacted," Jordan said. "We just have to see how he heals. We might be looking at the second half of the year. It would be great if we can get that." .

Hiesenberg

Jul 2, 2013
Meh...I was more afraid that it was Biddle or Franco when I went to click the link. Quinn while he had some prospect love, was a pretty poor hitter for most of the year. The biggest thing that this will affect is his development, he'll miss most of the year.

jml87

Jun 27, 2011
I'm really annoyed with this. This is preventable stuff. He should not be tearing his achilles and having surgery on his ACL at his age. Although I get pissed with how many injuries there are in general to all these young guys. This doesn't have to happen.

MadFerIt95*

Jerry Crasnick ‏@jcrasnickESPN 8m

Colorado #Rockies, catcher Carlos Ruiz agree to 3-year, $24 million deal, pending physical. #Phillies would not go more than 2 years.

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hiesenberg

Jul 2, 2013
Chooch can absolutely go, he's old and done, time for the Phillies to move on from the mid-30 year old

zarley zelepukin

Oct 25, 2008
Norristown, PA
Meh...I was more afraid that it was Biddle or Franco when I went to click the link. Quinn while he had some prospect love, was a pretty poor hitter for most of the year. The biggest thing that this will affect is his development, he'll miss most of the year.

The most notable difference in Quinn's batting line between this year and last year was BABIP. His BB and K rates held pretty steady, so he really wasn't doing that much worse than he was the year before. This is a huge blow to Quinn, who is one of the few highly ranked prospects in the system with a significant upside. As you said, it affects his development time (not just as a hitter but as a fielder who was trying to learn to play SS) and even when he comes back, who knows if he'll have the same speed.

Hiesenberg

Jul 2, 2013
Phillies signed Marlon Byrd has their RH bat in the lineup.

So 3 straight years not making the playoffs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Latest posts

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad