Other Sports: Philadelphia Eagles (NFL): Vegas, Baby! (2023 Regular Season)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

JojoTheWhale

Lemme unload.
May 22, 2008
Tell me about him, Jojo

You can immediately tell from the INTs and PBs that he’s a playmaker. But he’s not physically dynamic in the way Derwin James is. He’s effective largely due to being a fundamentally sound machine. Think Bradberry rather than Slay. He does things you often can’t see on tv without replays like taking excellent angles to balls and selling coverage fakes. I would call him an ideal Thirds and Halves Safety, which is mostly what Desai has been playing. You can just stick him out there as the Post Saftey when you’re playing C1 and not be scared to death of these matchup nightmare TEs getting up the seam. He’s a wonderful Tackler. I believe he’s been PFF’s top graded Tackling DB 3 times.

This isn’t just another good acquisition. You know I’ve been talking up Chauncey since he was at Florida. This is a clear and sizable upgrade from CJGJ let alone what they were running out there this year. He hasn’t had the best year on his super high scale, but he’s still been good. Jeffery Simmons is their best player, but Byard was #2. He was a fixture on PFF’s top 101 list every offseason.

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
When you pick apart the stats here, the big difference between 2022 and 2023 in the passing game is YAC on Short Passes. The RPO game isn't working. Neither is the Screen game. Note that's all Screens, not specifically RBs. They don't run those.

Now that I've gotten the time to research this, they played more Zone last night and Blitzed less often than any other game this year.

They played basically as close to a perfect game from an assignment standpoint as you can get on one side of the ball. This wasn't aggressiveness. It was a bet on empowering the DL to win the game. Everyone delivered.
How does it compare to Gannon last year?

JojoTheWhale

Lemme unload.
May 22, 2008
How does it compare to Gannon last year?

Leaguewide Blitz% last year was just under 25. The Eagles were just under 24%. This year, they’re just under 24% with a league average of~29.5%. So the frequency is functionally equivalent from Gannon to Desai, but the league as a whole is blitzing more this year. There is one important caveat here. These are both pass and run blitzes.

What Gannon did a lot of that Desai does not is Simulated Pressures. Desai runs many more Stunts.

Cody Webster

Jul 18, 2014
The

NFL is different, you have effectively a 60+ man roster, that's a lot of slots to fill.
You're crying about giving up picks for an actual talent, but you applaud when the flyers give away picks for shit players, or to get rid of players...amazing

sycamore

Jan 16, 2010
Well, the one bright spot of the evening, 9ers lose a game they had no business losing.
We might very well be able tokeeppace with this team. The regular season showdown
between the two teams becomes huge.

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
You're crying about giving up picks for an actual talent, but you applaud when the flyers give away picks for shit players, or to get rid of players...amazing
Huh? This was another great Howie trade.

I'm the one who is adamant that NHL TDL trades for the most part are disasters, the best are the ones when lower value picks are used to add depth - the worst are usually the ones when high picks are spent on rentals who then struggle to fit in a top role on a new team.

The difference in the NFL is that a smart GM can pick up solid players at the TDL for low cost, mostly b/c teams want to shed salary in losing season and mid-round picks have more value in the NFL draft than the NHL draft.

Chinatown88

Daniels QB3
Jan 17, 2012
The Universe

And the explainer: Introducing Receiver Tracking Metrics: How our new NFL stats can better rate pass-catchers

This is just another tool to add to the box. Don’t take it as Gospel. But it’s overall helpful.
Kupp's record breaking season isn't 1. Therefore my hatred of him is proven right.

In all seriousness more ways to quantity who is good or not is always nice.

Reactions: JojoTheWhale

BrindamoursNose

Oct 14, 2008
They're going to try and make this the key argument to get rid of the Tush Push

I f***ing know it's coming

P.S. That's technically just a QB Sneak, so it would be a silly distinction.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad