Other Sports: Philadelphia Eagles (NFL): Super Bowl LVIII (Barf!) and Beyond!

Kermit the Prog

Threadkiller
Sponsor
Feb 10, 2010
Greenville, DE
Meh. Give me the 1970s jerseys every time

images

Mkoll

Inkvisiittori
Jul 5, 2008
Saint John, NB, Canada
NFL finally busted for antitrust and collision about Sunday ticket pricing. Ok the hook for $4.7b. f*** em

they'll appeal it to SCOTUS, where they'll just pay off those corrupt judges and be given the go-ahead to charge double next season.

Chicken N Raffls

Here for the chaos and lolz
Nov 7, 2022
Douglassville

Here’s where the season will be decided. And the line calls now have to be done by someone else.
How much of that would you put on Hurts vs the OC/offensive scheme in general? I don't think Hurts is the greatest decision maker. Right or wrong, he certainly takes his time. But I also think it seemed like he didn't have many good options in those situations last year (ie, where were the hot routes? Were there any?)

I don't know much about Moore's scheme. Do you think him and Barkley will help with this?

JojoTheWhale

CORN BOY
May 22, 2008
How much of that would you put on Hurts vs the OC/offensive scheme in general? I don't think Hurts is the greatest decision maker. Right or wrong, he certainly takes his time. But I also think it seemed like he didn't have many good options in those situations last year (ie, where were the hot routes? Were there any?)

I don't know much about Moore's scheme. Do you think him and Barkley will help with this?

Both scheme and QB were utterly inept at handling exactly what your eyes saw. It’s impossible to spread the blame around accurately, but both were clearly not good enough.

If you go look at how Moore’s offenses did against blitzes, you will find excellemt metrics. But that’s with Dak mostly before the ankle injury and Justin Herbert. Some will counter with the Chargers’ offense still holding up there with Herbert injured. That’s fair, but I don’t think Hurts is going to be running that much quick game. It’s not fair to expect a guy to completely reinvent himself.

You’re going to see a lot more pre-snap motion and often it will be designed to shake the stars free. You’ll see more Under Center play. And on a personal level, he likes to try to hit big RB Wheel routes, which is exactly my jam. This is not a genius playcaller, but he is a solid system guy. If you’re a believer in the idea that they needed an OC with the opposite strengths and weaknesses from Sirianni, you got what you want. But do keep in mind that Moore’s system and verbiage is completely different from what Hurts has been playing under the last two years. I’m not as big of a Hurts guy as most, but we collectively need to be prepared for it to take some time to gel.

Hollywood Cannon

I'm Away From My Desk
Jul 17, 2007
South Jersey
Both scheme and QB were utterly inept at handling exactly what your eyes saw. It’s impossible to spread the blame around accurately, but both were clearly not good enough.

If you go look at how Moore’s offenses did against blitzes, you will find excellemt metrics. But that’s with Dak mostly before the ankle injury and Justin Herbert. Some will counter with the Chargers’ offense still holding up there with Herbert injured. That’s fair, but I don’t think Hurts is going to be running that much quick game. It’s not fair to expect a guy to completely reinvent himself.

You’re going to see a lot more pre-snap motion and often it will be designed to shake the stars free. You’ll see more Under Center play. And on a personal level, he likes to try to hit big RB Wheel routes, which is exactly my jam. This is not a genius playcaller, but he is a solid system guy. If you’re a believer in the idea that they needed an OC with the opposite strengths and weaknesses from Sirianni, you got what you want. But do keep in mind that Moore’s system and verbiage is completely different from what Hurts has been playing under the last two years. I’m not as big of a Hurts guy as most, but we collectively need to be prepared for it to take some time to gel.
Hater.

Chicken N Raffls

Here for the chaos and lolz
Nov 7, 2022
Douglassville

Appreciated as always. I'm totally with you on the wheel routes. I think I posted something about that when they acquired Barkley. Good to know that Moore likes them too, as I think that actually plays to Jalen's strengths (or weaknesses depending how you want to look at it)

And yea, it will take time. I'm sure WIP will have patience :laugh:

JojoTheWhale

CORN BOY
May 22, 2008

Taking out QB’s he’s gotta potentially be the most controversial prospect for next year’s draft?

Yep. I don't think he's a 1st rounder. I don't think he's a particularly early 2nd rounder either. I know it sounds insane, but he's not just light. He's also short for a pass rusher.

Perkins is 220 and listed at 6'1". Parsons measured just over 6'3" and 245 lbs in the draft cycle. The go-to guy for light inline pass rushers who became reasonable non-stars is Arden Key. He was 248 and almost 6'5".

You've got to have a specific plan for how to use that type of outlier.

Reactions: LegionOfDoom91

LegionOfDoom91

Jan 25, 2013
Philadelphia, PA
Yep. I don't think he's a 1st rounder. I don't think he's a particularly early 2nd rounder either. I know it sounds insane, but he's not just light. He's also short for a pass rusher.

Perkins is 220 and listed at 6'1". Parsons measured just over 6'3" and 245 lbs in the draft cycle. The go-to guy for light inline pass rushers who became reasonable non-stars is Arden Key. He was 248 and almost 6'5".

You've got to have a specific plan for how to use that type of outlier.

Yeah he was a nationally rated prospect at an earlier age too. So that typically means you’re more advanced physically opposed to your peers. He maintained it throughout though where others aren’t as fortunate in that process.

I just think he could be a guy that racks up sacks next year & college football fans that don’t really follow &/or care about the NFL draft probably will be confused with his standing.

Reactions: JojoTheWhale

Ad

Ad

Ad