Other Sports: Philadelphia Eagles (NFL): Super Bowl LVIII (Barf!) and Beyond!

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

JojoTheWhale

Lemme unload.
May 22, 2008
Trevor has our boy Jalon at 5 in his summer QB rankings.

I’m guessing Beck, Sanders, Milroe, and Ewers 1-4? If I’m taking a QB beyond the top few picks, I want a guy who’s wired to fire balls down the field and let their WRs make plays. I suspect I’m going to be saying just wait and throw a prayer on Daniels and Fifita rather than using a high pick on most of those guys.

And then there’s Allar, who no one has any idea on yet. Just have to wait and see him in a real offense.

Chinatown88

347 days and counting
Jan 17, 2012
The Universe
I’m guessing Beck, Sanders, Milroe, and Ewers 1-4? If I’m taking a QB beyond the top few picks, I want a guy who’s wired to fire balls down the field and let their WRs make plays. I suspect I’m going to be saying just wait and throw a prayer on Daniels and Fifita rather than using a high pick on most of those guys.

And then there’s Allar, who no one has any idea on yet. Just have to wait and see him in a real offense.
Watching/listening right now. Beck, Sanders, Ewers and Weigman in some order. Milroe at 10 for Connor and 6 for Trevor.

Trevor has Mertz at 4. UF bias is real.

• Wow
Reactions: JojoTheWhale

Chinatown88

347 days and counting
Jan 17, 2012
The Universe

Why the hell are you playing there then if these are the stipulations the teams have to go through there?

For those that don’t want to listen to the clip beyond the colors Jacobs said he’s been told they’re not gonna be able to leave the hotels & armored vehicles will be transferring them to the stadium.

Brazil sucks @Striiker

LegionOfDoom91

Jan 25, 2013
Philadelphia, PA
As much as I love ESP as a personality, he definitely deserves allllll the hate for not taking any sort of accountability for the DeSean Jackson stuff.

Very cowardly to not even comment.

ESP caught a stray in there. It actually stemmed over the Phillies & people making fun of Giglio for his shitty flip flop Realmuto takes over the years. To which Spike Eskin had to come in for his defense.

All those guys want to say stupid shit & hide behind a playing character defense when people make fun/criticize them like we all have to adhere to those rules too. If you don’t be treated like an idiot/clown then don’t constantly say stuff that leads to people thinking you’re just that.

DancingPanther

Foundational Titan
Jun 19, 2018

Why the hell are you playing there then if these are the stipulations the teams have to go through there?

For those that don’t want to listen to the clip beyond the colors Jacobs said he’s been told they’re not gonna be able to leave the hotels & armored vehicles will be transferring them to the stadium.

Amazing job by Goodell there. I'm not surprised. Step 1 of due diligence: failed

Reactions: LegionOfDoom91

JojoTheWhale

Lemme unload.
May 22, 2008

BAD BAD BAD BAD BAD. HORRENDOUS methodology. Don’t bother with even “name brand” betting advice. They’re not always a quadruple decker shit sandwich like this one, but they’re functionally never good.

BrindamoursNose

Oct 14, 2008

Starat327

Top .01% OnlyHands
May 8, 2011
Philadelphia, Pa

Dude knows how to pick a team, ill tell ya that.

ajgoal

Almost always never serious
Jun 29, 2015
The NFL has responded to those comments and the league would like everyone to know that fans and players will be allowed to wear green in Brazil. An NFL spokesman told the Philadelphia Inquirer that when the game kicks off in September, "you will see a stadium full of fans wearing the green of the Eagles and the green of the Packers,"

CBSSports.com's Jeff Kerr actually covered this exact topic back in April and although there's an informal ban on the color green, that ban is related to the local soccer team.

"The Eagles-Packers game will be played at Corinthians Arena, which is home to the Brazilian soccer team Corinthians," Kerr wrote. "The biggest rival for Corinthians is Palmeiras, who wear the color green. Corinthians has an informal ban on wearing green, as a former player was actually fined by the club a few years ago for wearing green cleats."

Corinthians Arena has hosted several major international sporting events over the past decade, including the 2014 FIFA World Cup and 2016 Olympics, and the ban on green wasn't an issue for either of those big events, so it's unlikely that it would be an issue for an NFL game.

It's possible the players were told not to wear green out in public so they don't get mistaken for Palmeiras fans, but wearing green during the game won't be a problem. Although it doesn't sound like Jacobs will be packing very much green in his suitcase.

"They was like, 'Man, look, just pack black and white colors. When you come out here, we don't want no mishaps,'" Jacobs said.

If the Packers and Eagles did want to avoid wearing green, Philly could wear black and the Packers could go with their white uniforms. That wouldn't cut all the green out, but it would get rid of most of it.

As for other aspects of the trip, Jacobs does definitely sounds slightly concerned about his safety.

"They was like, 'Man, it's one of them places where they probably won't even let us leave the hotels,'" Jacobs told Long. "They probably gonna have, like, armored vehicles following us. I said, 'Bro, Why are we out here? Why are we here?'"

Apparently, Jacobs got his information from someone who had no idea what they were talking about, because the NFL said the part about not leaving the hotel and traveling in armored vehicles is also "not true."

Either way, Jacobs was looking forward to enjoying himself in Brazil, but now, it sounds like he's going to be on edge.

"I was looking forward to it," Jacobs said. "I'm like, man, this about to be a fun week. Telling us all of that, they like, 'Yeah, nah, it's not gonna be like that.'"

Gregor Samsa

Sep 5, 2020
Was Bill Cower the last coach before Tomlin? Feels like he’s been there forever. He’s a good coach but not one of the ones like Reid or Belichek you keep for over a decade

ponder719

M-M-M-Matvei and the Jett
Jul 2, 2013
Philadelphia, PA
Was Bill Cower the last coach before Tomlin? Feels like he’s been there forever. He’s a good coach but not one of the ones like Reid or Belichek you keep for over a decade

He was. The Steelers have had 16 head coaches in franchise history, but if Tomlin leaves the day this extension ends, they will have had exactly three HCs between 1969 and 2027: Chuck Noll from 1969-1991, Bill Cowher from 1992-2006, and Mike Tomlin from 2007-2027.

Edit: Before Noll, they had exactly one HC in their history coach more than 48 games (Buddy Parker, 104). Noll, Cowher, and Tomlin have coached a combined 857 to date.

PDX Flyer

Lost in the Woods
Nov 13, 2019
I always felt Cowher retired early. Not a fan of the Steelers but that three coach streak is impressive

Reactions: orangey
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad