OT: Philadelphia Eagles (NFL): Playoffs - Eagles Will Select Sixth Overall In Draft

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hollywood Cannon

I'm Away From My Desk
Jul 17, 2007
South Jersey
used a 2nd round pick on a qb that upped his value significantly.
Reagor is not a finished product, but agreed he has to improve.
JJAw sucks, people miss on wr.s
What have you seen from Dillard that makes you thin he is a bust? Because as far as I can tell I don't recall him having much meaningful playing time.

What you fail to account for is his ability to find players outside the draft, and understand positional value . THe draft history of every GM is bad, so from that point of view you have to temper expectations of what a sucessful draft looks like. Teams blow first round picks time and time again. The eagles on the other hand have been quite successful in the first round.
You honestly believe that first point...

JojoTheWhale

CORN BOY
May 22, 2008
used a 2nd round pick on a qb that upped his value significantly.

I don't think this is the case. I'm not sure you could even get a 2 for him. You've lost a year off of the rookie contract and he still has the same weaknesses he had 6 months ago. I don't think any of this is a knock on him fwiw. You don't make major changes that quickly.

achdumeingute

Jun 28, 2011
NorCal
I don't think this is the case. I'm not sure you could even get a 2 for him. You've lost a year off of the rookie contract and he still has the same weaknesses he had 6 months ago. I don't think any of this is a knock on him fwiw. You don't make major changes that quickly.
shrug. He at least showed a usefulness at the NFL level, some guys like Haskins dont even do this, and get cut for a guy named Anheuser Busch.

After the last 3 years of ball holding, his quick (but mostly limited) decision making was like a breath of fresh air.

Chinatown88

Daniels QB3
Jan 17, 2012
The Universe
4tfrqt.jpg

JojoTheWhale

CORN BOY
May 22, 2008
shrug. He at least showed a usefulness at the NFL level, some guys like Haskins dont even do this.

After the last 3 years of ball holding, his quick (but mostly limited) decision making was like a breath of fresh air.

Most of the players drafted in last year's 2nd round couldn't return a 2. That's just how the league works.

Jtown

Oct 6, 2010
Fairfax, Virginia

he is the best backup we have had since Foles. on a cheap contract. If any team knows the importance of a backup qb it is us. He set all sort of records in the few games he played with disaster in front of him. He can play in this league .

Reactions: renberg

Hollywood Cannon

I'm Away From My Desk
Jul 17, 2007
South Jersey
he is the best backup we have had since Foles. on a cheap contract. If any team knows the importance of a backup qb it is us. He set all sort of records in the few games he played with disaster in front of him. He can play in this league .
What records are those? Worst completion percentage in the NFL? Most times shut down once the defense adjusted?

You want to believe this guy is good so badly.

BrindamoursNose

Oct 14, 2008

#FakeNews

Jtown

Oct 6, 2010
Fairfax, Virginia
What records are those? Worst completion percentage in the NFL? Most times shut down once the defense adjusted?

You want to believe this guy is good so badly.

that is true. As an Eagles fan I want to believe the players we have are good or have potential. The troubling thing in all of this is why do you want them to fail? The eagles and the chargers have no rivalry, you can cheer for the chargers and still be neutral to the eagles.

Hollywood Cannon

I'm Away From My Desk
Jul 17, 2007
South Jersey
that is true. As an Eagles fan I want to believe the players we have are good or have potential. The troubling thing in all of this is why do you want them to fail? The eagles and the chargers have no rivalry, you can cheer for the chargers and still be neutral to the eagles.
Jalen Hurts completing a pass is already more success than I envisioned him having in the NFL so to me he has succeeded already.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad