Confirmed with Link: [TBL/UTA] Lightning trade Mikhail Sergachev for Conor Geekie, J.J. Moser, 2025 2nd, 2024 7th

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

The Gongshow

Fire JBB
Jul 17, 2014
Toronto
So 8.5 in cap (most important)
Our cheap LD3 option who already averages 20+ mins a night
Probably our #1 prospect now with what I've read to be a decent upside/potential

I'm happy with this trade and excited to see how the 2 new kids work out/develop

Geekie could also very well be a trade chip at this point

LightningStrikes

Champa Bay Lightning
Nov 24, 2009
mikhail-sergachev-tampa-bay-lightning-unsigned-2021-stanley-cup-champions-raising-cup-photograph_pi4405000_ff_4405615-363c824f28fa51b0016a_full.jpg

Good luck in Utah, Serg!

Stammertime91

TBL: TEAM OF THE CENTURY
Dec 13, 2011
Tampa: NHL's Newest Dynasty
So 8.5 in cap (most important)
Our cheap LD3 option who already averages 20+ mins a night
Probably our #1 prospect now with what I've read to be a decent upside/potential

I'm happy with this trade and excited to see how the 2 new kids work out/develop

Geekie could also very well be a trade chip at this point
Not saying this happens, but if Geekie is ready in a year, Paul is a like for like swap. His contract at 3M X 3-4yrs is easy to move when you factor in production and skillset. I'd like to see Paul stay, not advocating for a trade, but if Geekie blossoms, that's easy savings. We actually have a "waiting in the wings" type of replacement up front. Him and Howard in 1-2 years definitely comes in at the right time. They'll be cheap and hopefully keep us competitive.

Reactions: Hockeyville USA

The Gongshow

Fire JBB
Jul 17, 2014
Toronto
Not saying this happens, but if Geekie is ready in a year, Paul is a like for like swap. His contract at 3M X 3-4yrs is easy to move when you factor in production and skillset. I'd like to see Paul stay, not advocating for a trade, but if Geekie blossoms, that's easy savings. We actually have a "waiting in the wings" type of replacement up front. Him and Howard in 1-2 years definitely comes in at the right time. They'll be cheap and hopefully keep us competitive.
From what I've read Geekie has 2C potential as an option as well. He could, it's way too early to have him be the Cirelli replacement...but I'm glad we have 2 potential top 6 prospects with Howard and Geekie.

TheSchmidt

Dec 28, 2013
I hate it.

I guess the return was good (don't know much about prospects), but this team lacks puck movers on the backend.

Sergachev wasn't perfect, but nobody else close in the system that can become a top pairing dman. I don't know if he'd ever reach it, but Hedman and McD are in their mid 30's and can fall off a cliff any moment.

Would have much rather moved Cernak, who obviously would not have gotten the same as good as a return.

Hopefully JBB has more moves to fix the d problem.

Todd1a

Kucherov or prospect
Jun 19, 2014
orlando, fl
I hate it.

I guess the return was good (don't know much about prospects), but this team lacks puck movers on the backend.

Sergachev wasn't perfect, but nobody else close in the system that can become a top pairing dman. I don't know if he'd ever reach it, but Hedman and McD are in their mid 30's and can fall off a cliff any moment.

Would have much rather moved Cernak, who obviously would not have gotten the same as good as a return.

Yep that’s true we definitely have no good young number 1 defenseman anywhere when Mac and heddy are done we are screwed

The Gongshow

Fire JBB
Jul 17, 2014
Toronto
I hate it.

I think they roll with Heddy and McD as their 1A and 1B till the wheels fall off. They got a cheaper LD3 with decent enough upside to play plenty of minutes and continue to develop at the age of 24. He'll most likely get a 3 year Bridge deal to see if he can at least become a serviceable 2nd paring guy.

They address the #1 Dman issue post cup-window at this point. Heddy most likely staying the guy for a few more years

The Gongshow

Fire JBB
Jul 17, 2014
Toronto
I respect it.

Sergachev was the most logical move, I don't like the return though, feels like Seattle could've given us something better.
Gourde back 😤😤😤

Would have liked it to have at least been Ari/Utah 2nd round pick its apparently Torontos 2nd round pick so that's gonna be a late 2nd next year.

I think the way to look at it is we got 8.5 in much needed cap space back.

Then the 2nd tier is we got a pretty solid C prospect and our potential LD3 option

Ad

Upcoming events

• Bolivia vs Panama
    Bolivia vs Panama
    Wagers: 2
    Staked: $175.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • USA vs Uruguay
    USA vs Uruguay
    Wagers: 2
    Staked: $682.00