OT: Philadelphia Eagles (NFL): Playoffs - Eagles Will Select Sixth Overall In Draft

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
joe burrow didn't fix the Bengals in one season. I don't expect Lawrence (way less polished) to fix the Jags.
Lawrence is a better prospect with a better track record. Nobody was talking about Burrow at the start of last year. Jags not only have the assets but also the cap space to move effectively.

Reactions: Kelmitchell2

Chinatown88

349 days and counting
Jan 17, 2012
The Universe
4tfmtg.jpg

achdumeingute

Jun 28, 2011
NorCal
Lawrence is a better prospect with a better track record. Nobody was talking about Burrow at the start of last year. Jags not only have the assets but also the cap space to move effectively.
burrow was one of the top prospects coming out of HS. He bounced around a bit, and then got in a great situation, and put up some historic stuff.

I mean, just saying look at like Tom Brady...all the guy did in school was win, and he got dicked around for a minor league 3rd baseman. Sometimes the situation has a factor.

Like Tua vs Burrow. One player looked like a good QB in ~8 games. Other not so much, and that guy played in stacked alabama for a couple years. I'm not holding my breath on Lawrence, who plays for a stacked team.

BiggE

SELL THE DAMN TEAM
Jan 4, 2019
Somewhere, FL
put in cap hell i will agree, but injuries destroyed this roster
Injuries did not:

Have anything to do with this GMs inability to draft good corners, LBs or safeties

Blow a 2nd round pick on a QB that may or may not pan out.

Blow a 1st round pick on a guy who will be an average receiver at best

Blow a 2nd round pick on a receiver who is awful

Blow another 1st on a LT that is soft and already looking like a bust

Many of the injuries were to 30+ age players and should have been expected. Bringing back guys like Peters, DJax or counting on vet CB to move to safety to replace a guy like Jenkins were just horrible decisions.

And yeah, the cap. Roseman is a friggin disaster

achdumeingute

Jun 28, 2011
NorCal
The Jags have a boatload of picks & capspace though. So in theory the ammo is there to do a quick turnaround if done successfully.
you've got to hit on the picks. Yes, the NFL is not for long....they could turn around. So could we next year if health holds up (breath not held).

Everyone keeps wanting out of Jax though (some of that may have been Marrone) Just saying...they are not so rosy.

achdumeingute

Jun 28, 2011
NorCal
Injuries did not:

Have anything to do with this GMs inability to draft good corners, LBs or safeties

Many of the injuries were to 30+ age players and should have been expected. Bringing back guys like Peters, DJax or counting on vet CB to move to safety to replace a guy like Jenkins were just horrible decisions.

other than Raegor, I'm on board.

Hollywood Cannon

I'm Away From My Desk
Jul 17, 2007
South Jersey

LegionOfDoom91

Jan 25, 2013
Philadelphia, PA
you've got to hit on the picks. Yes, the NFL is not for long....they could turn around.

Everyone keeps wanting out of Jax though (some of that may have been Marrone) Just saying...they are not so rosy.

They wanted out because they were blowing it up. Not many guys want to stay on a losing team that doesn’t really have a viable QB.

They got to make hay with things of course but it’s a pretty attractive job given that you’re going to be walking into Lawerence, other picks, & cap space to play with.

I would certainly much rather take that job right now over the Eagles’ job where it’s essentially the opposite with a toxic GM/Owner combo to boot.

trostol

Learn to swim, Learn to swim
Jan 30, 2012
R'lyeh
This Org decided they can't let the Phillies be the only management team/owner to look bad

Reactions: BiggE

Jtown

Oct 6, 2010
Fairfax, Virginia
Injuries did not:

used a 2nd round pick on a qb that upped his value significantly.
Reagor is not a finished product, but agreed he has to improve.
JJAw sucks, people miss on wr.s
What have you seen from Dillard that makes you thin he is a bust? Because as far as I can tell I don't recall him having much meaningful playing time.

What you fail to account for is his ability to find players outside the draft, and understand positional value . THe draft history of every GM is bad, so from that point of view you have to temper expectations of what a sucessful draft looks like. Teams blow first round picks time and time again. The eagles on the other hand have been quite successful in the first round.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad