OT: Philadelphia Eagles (NFL): Playoffs - Eagles Will Select Sixth Overall In Draft

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

BrindamoursNose

Oct 14, 2008
unlike Adam Gase, the Doug's deserve/deserved a second shot.

It's more than just a bad year though. The front office and Doug fundamentally are on different pages - and that just can't work. Doug benching Carson, or firing Groh right after Doug said he's safe are top examples of this.

This relationship, now that we have the gift of hindsight, was always doomed to end this way (considering Lurie's priorities).

Reactions: achdumeingute

achdumeingute

Jun 28, 2011
NorCal
How long before we get the "You see, the drafting was all coaching staff concessions, actually we're brilliant!" leaks?
howie is getting lunch before the press conference as we speak.

pizaa.jpg

BobbyClarkeFan16

Nov 29, 2005
Goderich, Ontario
I don't see why anyone is surprised that Pederson was sent packing. The $130 million dollar man said the relationship was broken. If the Eagles tried to trade Wentz, they were going to get hit with a huge cap hit. There was no way Lurie was going to absorb that cap hit that it would have taken to move Wentz. It will be interesting to see what becomes of the relationship with Wentz and Hurt going forward

Reactions: achdumeingute

achdumeingute

Jun 28, 2011
NorCal
It's more than just a bad year though. The front office and Doug fundamentally are on different pages - and that just can't work. Doug benching Carson, or firing Groh right after Doug said he's safe are top examples of this.

This relationship, now that we have the gift of hindsight, was always doomed to end this way (considering Lurie's priorities).
100%. It's broken. I still like Doug, and wish him well.

FYI, IMO he tried to make this turd sandwich work this year, not cry about it like a baby. Respect.

Last edited:
Reactions: BrindamoursNose

Hollywood Cannon

I'm Away From My Desk
Jul 17, 2007
South Jersey
I don't see why anyone is surprised that Pederson was sent packing. The $130 million dollar man said the relationship was broken. If the Eagles tried to trade Wentz, they were going to get hit with a huge cap hit. There was no way Lurie was going to absorb that cap hit that it would have taken to move Wentz. It will be interesting to see what becomes of the relationship with Wentz and Hurt going forward
Question: Who signed that player to that contract?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad