OT: Philadelphia Eagles (NFL): Playoffs - Eagles Will Select Sixth Overall In Draft

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Jtown

Oct 6, 2010
Fairfax, Virginia
The comp I've seen that closest mirrors this is Chizik getting canned at Auburn 2 years after the title, but that's also a situation where another Cam Newton wasn't walking through the door. It does feel pretty unprecedented.

Or Rex Ryan after doing something no one in jets history has ever accomplished and is responsible for half the franchise's afc championship game apperances.

Captain Dave Poulin

Imaginary Cat
Sponsor
Apr 30, 2015
Tokyo, JP
Houston trading Watson is going to be a debacle for everyone involved. Houston won't be carried by Watson anymore, and whoever trades for him is going to be gaining a massive cap hit while giving away a lot of picks and assets that create cap flexibility. It would be a ton to give up to either have a year one shot at winning, or waiting several years to recover and try again with the hope Watson ages like Wilson.

Maybe so, but look at Miami - AFAIK they have a lot of young pieces in place which are already overachieving. They wouldn't necessarily be crippled by the loss of draft capital that most other teams would be, if Tua goes the other way to lessen the amount of that capital they would have to surrender. I don't know.

Reactions: Beef Invictus

Starat327

Top .01% OnlyHands
May 8, 2011
Philadelphia, Pa

Its a bit of a long story, but about 10 years ago, someone at work accidentally ran my foot over with an electric pallet jack when they were dicking around. Instead of punch him and losing my job, I punched the trailer that I was standing next to, shattering three of the 5 fingers on my right hand. It cost about 40K to repair it, as insurance wouldnt cover it due to it being "self inflicted".

CanadianFlyer88

Knublin' PPs
Feb 12, 2004
Van City
Its a bit of a long story, but about 10 years ago, someone at work accidentally ran my foot over with an electric pallet jack when they were dicking around. Instead of punch him and losing my job, I punched the trailer that I was standing next to, shattering three of the 5 fingers on my right hand. It cost about 40K to repair it, as insurance wouldnt cover it due to it being "self inflicted".
Holy shit. :amazed:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad