OT: Philadelphia Eagles (NFL): Now We Wait And See What The Future Brings

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Captain Dave Poulin

Imaginary Cat
Sponsor
Apr 30, 2015
Tokyo, JP
I just had the greatest idea. What if they took the name "Steelers," and then the shitstains who used to use that name could be called the "Pittsburgh Eatdicks" :laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:

Can you imagine if something like that happened in real life for real? Like how many times have your deepest wishes come true? It's pretty rare. Man, that would be so awesome. Either way, the Football Teams suck.

Starat327

Top .01% OnlyHands
May 8, 2011
Philadelphia, Pa
Reminds me of every Premiere League team name.

Thats because most of the premiere league teams were founded well before sports teams were designed to be huge commercial ventures, and were named after their local history or geography, not after what 'cool' nickname they could find.

Hollywood Cannon

I'm Away From My Desk
Jul 17, 2007
South Jersey

Per multiple sources, the deal specifically prohibits players from engaging in certain behaviors this season. Players cannot attend indoor night clubs, indoor bars (except to pickup food), indoor house parties (with 15 or more people), indoor concerts, professional sporting events, or indoor church services that allow attendance above 25 percent of capacity.

Players can be fined for violating these rules. Moreover, if they test positive after engaging in prohibited activities, they will not be paid for the games they miss. Also, future guarantees in their contracts would be voided.

God forbid people act like normal human beings during a pandemic in order to make sure that their place of work can continue to function and thus continue to receive a paycheck.

JojoTheWhale

Lemme unload.
May 22, 2008
I don’t think it’s crazy to say Adams is a top 10 player in football based purely on quality of play, but he’s nowhere near the top 10 most valuable. That is bananas given the coming leaguewide cap crunch.

It’s not just that he’s a Safety. It’s that he’s a box guy. If he was an All-World Center Fielder that enabled you to excel at Single High coverages, that’s a completely different valuation.

The Madrigal

Apr 26, 2016
In a simulation
Two first round picks for a player at a non-premium position like Safety is flat out stupid. He's a great young player and he makes them better, but that will ultimately go down as a bad move.

JoemAvs

Jul 2, 2011
Seattle would have just pissed the picks away anyway.

Odds are Carroll and Schneider just are sick of everyone (correctly) lambasting their awful 1st round picks.....
Now that won't be an issue for the next 2 years....

Honestly I don't think with the flat cap there are more than a handful mostly QBs that are worth 2 1sts + a huge contract extension right now..
Adams certainly is not one of these players..

Reactions: FLYguy3911

Captain Dave Poulin

Imaginary Cat
Sponsor
Apr 30, 2015
Tokyo, JP
@JojoTheWhale Steve Palazzolo from PFF was just on Dan Patrick and he was really interesting. I don't know how reliable or credible he is, though. He was talking about how we are in a period where we have a lot of middle-class QBs who can have nice production if the situation around them is right, but unlike Mahomes, don't necessarily make much on their own. That's a terrible paraphrase, but it was interesting. He was also talking about defenses building from the back now.

Reactions: JojoTheWhale
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad