OT: Philadelphia Eagles (NFL): Now We Wait And See What The Future Brings

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

DancingPanther

Foundational Titan
Jun 19, 2018
Just reading it really quick it obviously sucks for those women but that isn’t exactly the bombshell the media hyped up imo. That’s not shocking at all & I really don’t see how that like dramatically changes things for Snyder & the organization football wise.
I too skimmed it, and please don't mistake this for undermining what happened there, because it is absolutely vile, but it just....is run of the mill sexual harassment.

Again, absolutely sucks, but the article doesn't really need to be read other than for the names of those accused if you're interested. The headline is a fine tl;dr @JojoTheWhale

I don't see anything that will force Snyder to sell the team unless there's more coming.
Which is great news for non Washington fans, because that dumpster fire is good for endless lolz

DancingPanther

Foundational Titan
Jun 19, 2018
I read the whole thing. The most surprising thing in there was that they only had one full-time HR employee.

The details are awful. They’re just not unexpected.
I'm impressed, I got down to the bullet points highlighting those accused, checked to see how much was left, audibly said "Jesus Christ", then exited out

LegionOfDoom91

Jan 25, 2013
Philadelphia, PA
I read the whole thing. The most surprising thing in there was that they only had one full-time HR employee.

The details are awful. They’re just not unexpected.

That’s basically I was thinking. Outside of committing more resources to HR & firing some employees who people don’t know &/or care about. That’s not really much there to see anything other than those “ramifications”. Even lawsuits it sounds like some signed non-disclosure agreements already.

Reactions: JojoTheWhale

CanadianFlyer88

Knublin' PPs
Feb 12, 2004
Van City
Just reading it really quick it obviously sucks for those women but that isn’t exactly the bombshell the media hyped up imo. That’s not shocking at all & I really don’t see how that like dramatically changes things for Snyder & the organization football wise.
The problem is that it won't be seen as a bombshell even though it should be.

It's a story that needs to be told because all NFL teams (not just NFL teams, either) almost certainly have similar skeletons in their closets.

Reactions: LegionOfDoom91

CanadianFlyer88

Knublin' PPs
Feb 12, 2004
Van City

The details are awful. They’re just not unexpected. It’s so paint-by-numbers that it makes you question the motives of the people hyping it.
Someone was willing to be public about it and have her name out there. That's a strong reason for publication.

If it's all anonymous, then it's just another story that gets buried, unfortunately.

JojoTheWhale

Lemme unload.
May 22, 2008
Someone was willing to be public about it and have her name out there. That's a strong reason for publication.

If it's all anonymous, then it's just another story that gets buried, unfortunately.

Yep. It absolutely needed to be told and none of it is ok. I'm just saying that the specific details were about what I expected given that we already had a history of this exact org pimping out cheerleaders.

Perhaps a better way to phrase it is that this was a meticulously-researched, excellent piece of investigative journalism. Some people tried to hype it as splashy headline fodder, but that's not the tone of the piece at all.

Last edited:

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
If there are more sinister criminal activities going on, it is possible that law enforcement requested those parts of the stories be turfed to benefit their investigation.

LegionOfDoom91

Jan 25, 2013
Philadelphia, PA
The problem is that it won't be seen as a bombshell even though it should be.

It's a story that needs to be told because all NFL teams (not just NFL teams, either) almost certainly have similar skeletons in their closets.

I hear you but without Snyder directly being tied to it, it was/is going to die out. Some faceless employees aren’t really going to keep the attention span of sports fans.

I should clarify too I wasn’t discrediting the Washington Post & their work here. More so the other media members who were using the mystique of this report beforehand to draw attention themselves & mislead the public whether subconsciously or not.

Reactions: CanadianFlyer88

JojoTheWhale

Lemme unload.
May 22, 2008
Bomani Jones going after Rovell is the most entertainment I've had since sports stopped. Let's see if Darrell knows not to engage with someone that much more intelligent and eloquent.

Rovell leaving ESPN has new positives every time you look up.

Reactions: Hollywood Cannon

LegionOfDoom91

Jan 25, 2013
Philadelphia, PA
Did anyone really expect Snyder to sell the team without the NFL stepping in? You can’t shame a guy like that as otherwise the team would have been long sold by now if that was the case.

He’s on a whole different wave length even amongst rich people. You need to find the small percentage who actually have stroke over him to force his hand.

This type of story just isn’t going to demand the public outcry for the NFL to involved. It’s already pretty much dying.

It’s not like Donald Sterling situation where you had players & fans (more so the latter group) going absolutely nuts.

Reactions: Striiker

DrinkFightFlyers

THE TORTURE NEVER STOPS
Sponsor
Sep 24, 2009
NJ

Someone's gonna need to hit me up with the TL;DR because i'm not giving Bezos my money.

The sad part is I would guess that this is going on league-wide and not just in Washington. Wouldn't surprise me to see more stuff like this come out in the coming weeks. It is a male dominated industry and like the one woman said they were told if they complain there are thousands of people that would kill for the job, which is absolutely true. While Washington is and has been trash for decades, can you imagine what goes in with owners like Jerry Jones and the like?

Reactions: Young Sandwich
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad