OT: Philadelphia Eagles (NFL): Now We Wait And See What The Future Brings

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Hollywood Cannon

I'm Away From My Desk
Jul 17, 2007
South Jersey
Eagles' Marquise Goodwin claims "the Jewish community is lashing out at me" - ProFootballTalk

Instead, Goodwin made his own Instagram post claiming that “The Jewish community is lashing out at me.”

“I understand the Jewish community is mad at me for making a comment on Jacc page yesterday,” Goodwin wrote. “I honestly don’t see how I was being insensitive or disrespectful, or even supportive of his previous message. I never once said i agreed or disagreed with anything! I never mentioned Adolf Hitler or anything regarding the Jewish community. My comment under DJacc post read, ‘I wish people commented this much on a BLM topic’… In NO WAY do I condone anything Hitler related, AS I STRONGLY BELIEVE HE WAS IN THE WRONG. We all SHOULD come together in times like these instead of dividing.”

Goodwin has provided no evidence that “the Jewish community” is lashing out at him, but he should know that “the Jewish community” not a monolith; some Jewish people may have disagreed with what he posted on Instagram, but that is not the same thing as being attacked by an entire community.

Yay drama.

Reactions: Striiker

Ironmanrulez

#nEvErrEbUiLd #nEvErpLaYyOuTh #nEverpLaYsKiLL
Jul 1, 2010
Cologne, Germany
Iam so tired of all the non Sports stuff from people who are only good at Sports. Release him and stop the drama. Make a Statement that nothing like this is acceptable in the world.

Iam German. And believe me in Germany you would loose your job if you use Hitler to explain something.... And in my Eyes its the only way to react on things like that.

Lotusflower

Tha Snake, Tha Rat, Tha Cat, Tha Dog
Dec 23, 2013
Say goodbye to DeSean Jackson

I get what he was going for but anytime you invoke Hitler its going to invalidate any argument and rightfully so. Dont understand what he was trying to achieve here. Even if he removed the Hitler references its not like the demographic the quote is directed to wouldve responded with affirmation. Dont these guys, Brees etc., have publicists? All this does is piss off neutrals and rile up reactionaries. Its obvious he has folks writing copy for him so why not keep those people close at hand when you want to get a thought crystallized on a complex topic.

Rebels57

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
I get what he was going for but anytime you invoke Hitler its going to invalidate any argument and rightfully so. Dont understand what he was trying to achieve here. Even if he removed the Hitler references its not like the demographic the quote is directed to wouldve responded with affirmation. Dont these guys, Brees etc., have publicists? All this does is piss off neutrals and rile up reactionaries. Its obvious he has folks writing copy for him so why not keep those people close at hand when you want to get a thought crystallized on a complex topic.

I don't. Even without the name Hitler attached, it was still anti-semitic. He's a very stupid person.

Striiker

Former Flyers Fan
Jun 2, 2013
Pennsylvania
I would love to have him sit down and explain his thought process before he posted it. I want to know how his mind works and what lead up to this.

If he was just ignorant, what did he think it meant and what did he expect the response to be?
If he is actually anti-semetic and knew what it meant, why in the world would he broadcast that and what did he think the response would be?

The whole situation is just so bizarre. The post, the "apologies", everything.

orangey

perpetual mediocrity
Aug 9, 2008
Internet
He's a complete idiot but he's always been that way. I don't really care if they release him or not because I don't expect these morons to be role models or anything other than thugs who play football by and large but it's sad that this stuff has to be explained to him and he obviously just doesn't get it. Good luck trying to get through to him too. Many have tried. That dude isn't changing. Just expect him to run and catch the football and you wont be disappointed.

orangey

perpetual mediocrity
Aug 9, 2008
Internet
Are you sure?

He may drop it at the 2 though of course. He has that potential!

At least he didn't break a waiter's face because his food took too long. That offends me much more and that guy didn't get cut. He was a 'leader' of the D too. Classy guy. Or McCoy. I mean you would have to cut half your team. Maybe that's a bit of an exaggeration but really is it surprising that Mesean just shouldn't social media? This is inevitable.

Hollywood Cannon

I'm Away From My Desk
Jul 17, 2007
South Jersey

“Now you want us to weigh putting food on the table the best way we know how which we could potentially catching the killer virus and bring it home or starve.”

tenor.gif

Hollywood Cannon

I'm Away From My Desk
Jul 17, 2007
South Jersey
You can make a point (concerns about healthy/safety are valid) without going over the top with rhetoric.

Any time an athlete goes with the “I can’t put food on the table” like Spreewell I automatically check out.

I’m also tired of athletes acting like doing their job is some type of unfair death sentence when millions of Americans go to work every day risking their lives while getting paid pennies.

JojoTheWhale

Lemme unload.
May 22, 2008

Hollywood Cannon

I'm Away From My Desk
Jul 17, 2007
South Jersey
Turns out that wasn't the dumbest thing he said yesterday. Or even the dumbest thing he said in that Instagram post. The Malik Jackson section is at the bottom.

DeSean Jackson likes Instagram post that suggests he shouldn’t have had to apologize

Can I borrow a gif for my response to this? I can't find one worthy of this team at the moment.

This is Example 476 of why no one should care what professional athletes have to say about anything. It's unbelievable.

Striiker

Former Flyers Fan
Jun 2, 2013
Pennsylvania

JojoTheWhale

Lemme unload.
May 22, 2008
Can I borrow a gif for my response to this? I can't find one worthy of this team at the moment.

This is Example 476 of why no one should care what professional athletes have to say about anything. It's unbelievable.

There's enough negativity today, so have a picture, then a gif.

EaV-HUIXkAU8UMI

Eat36x1.gif

Make it an anime gif @JojoTheWhale

Blood from a stone. Please count this, as it's from Japan and I don't have much time before my next call.

EcUlECJWsAAbLP1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad