OT: Philadelphia Eagles (NFL): Don't Cry Because It's Over, Smile Because it Happened (Offseason - 2023)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Dude on the browns definitely getting cut. You can’t do that.

JojoTheWhale

Lemme unload.
May 22, 2008

Ironmanrulez

#nEvErrEbUiLd #nEvErpLaYyOuTh #nEverpLaYsKiLL
Jul 1, 2010
Cologne, Germany
It’s not even really about Mariota for me. I just really like(d) McKee as a prospect.
Iam very uneducated when it comes to football. Iam wrong a lot of times about this Sport. But i say it nevertheless. McKee seems to be a starter in 2 or 3 years especially learning from Hurts in the QB Room for the next 2.years. he will be the 2nd QB next year and will be traded for a good return in year 3 or 4.

Reactions: LegionOfDoom91

BrindamoursNose

Oct 14, 2008
Ah thanks, I did miss that. He's fine, but I'm not a huge fan. You might be thinking of K'von Wallace. I absolutely loved that pick.

I do really like the low cost Corner flyers they've taken in recent years. Even ones like Tay Gowen who are already gone.

Nah I remember you saying good things about McPhearson. Not saying you think he's a starter, but I recall you being pretty pro-Howie for getting him as a depth guy.

I know Ray Didinger really likes him.

Reactions: JojoTheWhale

Hollywood Cannon

I'm Away From My Desk
Jul 17, 2007
South Jersey
Hollywood i think it could be time to say: "I was wrong about Mariota" :naughty::naughty:
no-i-dont-think-i-will.gif

JojoTheWhale

Lemme unload.
May 22, 2008
Nah I remember you saying good things about McPhearson. Not saying you think he's a starter, but I recall you being pretty pro-Howie for getting him as a depth guy.

I know Ray Didinger really likes him.

Ah yeah, it was a fine pick and I had him as a good schematic fit. I think my comp on him at the time was Jalen Mills but not terrible. That's a compliment for Round 4. I think I preferred Ben St Juste who went to Washington in that rough area, but didn't have a huge gap or anything.

Mostly I was sad all my guys came off the board in the previous dozen or so picks. I was big on Amon-Ra, Jabril Cox, Bobby Brown, and Chris Rumph. 1 out of 4 isn't bad! :laugh:

What I will always remember about that draft is trying to find a book anywhere that would give me long odds on Milton Williams being drafted by the Eagles. I was willing to book a flight to make the wager if it was required. I couldn't find one.

Last edited:

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
McPhearson was the backup nickel CB, they played him outside against the Browns and he was repeatedly targeted - it's not like he was toast, but a step behind and struggled to locate the ball in the air. Given his experience, he's probably reached his upside, which is a 4th or 5th CB.

Jobe passed him as the backup to Slay and Bradberry, but given how bad Scott looked last year, may lead a void at nickel, especially since Maddox is injury prone. Look for Goodrich to get a lot of time at nickel this week, I think Ringo and Ricks are too long for that spot.

Reactions: JojoTheWhale
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad