OT: Philadelphia Eagles (NFL): Don't Cry Because It's Over, Smile Because it Happened (Offseason - 2023)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

JojoTheWhale

Lemme unload.
May 22, 2008
I like CGJG but his interceptions came early, and he's a bit like that CB on Dallas, more opportunistic than fundamentally sound.

I disagree with every part of this.

He had zero INTs through week 4, then 6 over the next 5 games, played a full game without one, and then got hurt.

He had more INTs last year than the entire rest of his career combined.

He was the best cover Slot in football for the better part of 2 years before he ever got here.

JojoTheWhale

Lemme unload.
May 22, 2008
I’m surprised at some of the reaction to Mariota. They’re going for it again. They needed a backup that wasn’t a rookie. Guys who can run give you the floor you need to win 2 games. It makes perfect sense.

What if they don't draft for need?

I guess it depends on what they think of McPhearson, but now both outside Corners are locked in for multiple years. So is Maddox. The only way I can personally see it is Maddox to Safety and an early CB pick in the Slot. Or vice versa. They could always move outside later.

But I don’t think they stray much from BPA among the positions they value. So it wouldn’t completely shock me.

Last edited:

BrindamoursNose

Oct 14, 2008
How does CJGJ stack up against this guy?
CJGJ is better, IMO - but Love is no slouch. Similar age.

I thought Love would get around 8 mill per year for 3-4 years, so to me this bodes well for an Eagles-CJGJ contract.

I’m surprised at some of the reaction to Mariota. They’re going for it again. They needed a backup that wasn’t a rookie. Guys who can run give you the floor you need to win 2 games. It makes perfect sense.

I like the Mariota signing, but that's mainly because I knew we would spend a lot on a backup anyway (whomever it would be). Eagles just value backup QB as much-if-not-more than anyone else.

Hugh Douglas co-hosts the Mid Day show now & was a host in Atlanta last season...I didn't totally hear what he said about it, but from what I recall he thought it was an upgrade on Minshew.

• Wow
Reactions: JojoTheWhale

JojoTheWhale

Lemme unload.
May 22, 2008
I like the Mariota signing, but that's mainly because I knew we would spend a lot on a backup anyway (whomever it would be). Eagles just value backup QB as much-if-not-more than anyone else.

Hugh Douglas co-hosts the Mid Day show now & was a host in Atlanta last season...I didn't totally hear what he said about it, but from what I recall he thought it was an upgrade on Minshew.

His deep ball is cooked. But if you're asking him to be an accurate short-range passer who can keep running the same general offense as Hurts, it seems pretty ideal to me.

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
His deep ball is cooked. But if you're asking him to be an accurate short-range passer who can keep running the same general offense as Hurts, it seems pretty ideal to me.
Minshew has no deep ball and can't move to save his life.
So in that sense, it's definitely an upgrade.

Reactions: Chicken N Raffls

BrindamoursNose

Oct 14, 2008
Okay so who understands the NFL Cap? I want to know where they're at re-signing Slay? I was really hoping they'd get CJGJ back, but I fear w/ re-signing Slay pretty much eliminates that.

According to my baby boy Eliot Shorr Parks, the Eagles have about 4 million dollars left right now after all contracts (including Mariota, Fletch, Slay, Badberry) are factored in.

They can get another 10 million if they re-structure Lane Johnson, giving them 14 million.

The cap genuinely is made up if we still have money right now. It's Whose Line is It Anyway.

BrindamoursNose

Oct 14, 2008

Went back and listened...Hugh said:

1) It's a smart move for the Eagles. They have similar skill sets. He can come in and run the same offense as Jalen without really skipping a major beat.
2) You better hope he doesn't ever play. He struggled mightily in Atlanta. Wasn't efficient & Arthur Smith did everything he could to make him successful. Somewhere there is a disconnect in Mariota's talent vs. output.

RockLobster

King in the North
Jul 5, 2003
Kansas
According to my baby boy Eliot Shorr Parks, the Eagles have about 4 million dollars left right now after all contracts (including Mariota, Fletch, Slay, Badberry) are factored in.

They can get another 10 million if they re-structure Lane Johnson, giving them 14 million.

The cap genuinely is made up if we still have money right now. It's Whose Line is It Anyway.
If they did a new contract for Hurts now, how does that impact them? I'm assuming that answer comes with the question as to whether he's getting new money this year or not, right?

Reactions: BrindamoursNose

BrindamoursNose

Oct 14, 2008
If they did a new contract for Hurts now, how does that impact them? I'm assuming that answer comes with the question as to whether he's getting new money this year or not, right?

Pretty much. Not sure how to answer that without more info - but I'm just a lowly pleb anyway.

BrindamoursNose

Oct 14, 2008
Nonsense, don't sell yourself so short....

You're a medium pleb.

70d843d0-3a95-4556-bd09-aa38ad7903ff_text.gif

achdumeingute

Jun 28, 2011
NorCal
Okay so who understands the NFL Cap? I want to know where they're at re-signing Slay? I was really hoping they'd get CJGJ back, but I fear w/ re-signing Slay pretty much eliminates that.
It's less about the understanding cap, than HOW the eagles apply all these contracts to it, which none of us are exposed to.

We have cap hits to 2026 already. As someone else said, we had Brandon Brooks still on the books last year.

I didn't say it, but I thought exactly that. After watching the Saints basically DARE Minshew to run, we HAD to get a more like skillset to Hurts. And Ian Book went to the same highschool as Steichen. So I wouldn't be buying a house in Philly if I was him. We will have some UFA, UDFA competing with him for the clipboard I'm sure.

Last edited:

achdumeingute

Jun 28, 2011
NorCal
The money he gets and the league year it gets counted against the cap have like no bearing on each other (not fully true, but mostly true).

DancingPanther

Foundational Titan
Jun 19, 2018
This doesn't really have anything to do with anything, it just popped into my head. But of the "big 3" of Rodgers, Brady, and Manning, only Peyton didn't act a fool in the twilight of his career.

Schwarbomb

Bob Murray Approved Poster
Jul 2, 2011
Arizona
This doesn't really have anything to do with anything, it just popped into my head. But of the "big 3" of Rodgers, Brady, and Manning, only Peyton didn't act a fool in the twilight of his career.
His only ping was getting caught red handed with HGH lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad