Confirmed Trade: [PHI/NSH/VGK] Ryan Ellis to PHI, Cody Glass and Philippe Myers to NSH, Nolan Patrick to VGK

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

GeauxPreds1

Jul 5, 2017
Murfreesboro
:sarcasm: We've all seen Ellis play! People can post sh** about Patrick and Myers because they may not know them well enough. Everyone on this board has seen Ellis for years... everyone knows what he is and its not the above lol.......poor soul your team appears to have lost a trade (maybe not tbh) and you have to slam Ryan who's been a top player for you for years!!! Loser
This is coming from a preds fan that has most likely watch almost every preds game like me and not some fan who just watched highlights and maybe caught an occasional preds game. The fact is Ryan Ellis has already started declining is true. Most pred fans have seen it. Yea Ellis has been a fan favorite and it sucks to see him go but His speed has diminished some and he is starting to get pushed around a lot. That Dallas series was an Embarrassment for Ellis. He looked like a rag doll. Not saying he’s bad because by all means the guy is still a top 4 defenseman but he is starting to decline. Hell have a couple good seasons for you guys no doubt unless he gets hurt which is a strong possibility. But his contract will look bad and might be unmovable if he stays declining. I’m glad we got rid of him when we did and got some potential young assets. Philly did win the trade IMO right now but in a couple years I think Nashville will be the ones the happiest

CupInSIX

My cap runneth over
Jul 1, 2012
Alphaville
There's another way of looking at it. While Glass has played only 66 games in the NHL and put up only 22 points, as you noted, he did that over two seasons when Patrick played only 52 games and put up only 9 points. Patrick would've played a lot more if he hadn't missed an entire season, but we can't excuse that because injuries are a big reason why there's concern about him reaching his potential. He also had a very disappointing season that was a big step back for him. Glass, on the other hand, has been very slowly improving and hasn't had any major setbacks. It may still be a bit disappointing, considering where he was selected and the hype that he had, but his development still seems to be going in the right direction and getting more opportunity will help. I think that that's why some people see a little more hope for him than Patrick.

Glass had 3 knee injuries from 2018-2020, 2 of which kept him on the shelf for several months and involved lengthy rehab. He's been slow as molasses since his last injury, to the point where he could not keep up with the speed of the NHL.

So yeah he's had some setbacks.

Reactions: Vegas07 and Osprey

PredsV82

All In LFG!
Sponsor
Aug 13, 2007
:sarcasm: We've all seen Ellis play! People can post sh** about Patrick and Myers because they may not know them well enough. Everyone on this board has seen Ellis for years... everyone knows what he is and its not the above lol.......poor soul your team appears to have lost a trade (maybe not tbh) and you have to slam Ryan who's been a top player for you for years!!! Loser

Methinks you missed some nuance. I was playing the hyperbole game the poster I was replying to had used.

But even so, you think you've seen him play more than Preds fans? I mean, granted we've only watched *checks notes* every freaking game hes played.

Hes not the same player he was two years ago. Hes missed a lot of games, he shies away from contact, and is on the wrong side of 30 to be just beginning a 6 year deal. Is he good? Sure. Will the Flyers be better with him? Probably. Will the Preds be worse without him? No. I mean, that's why trades happen right? Both teams think they are getting something they need. The arguments over who "lost" a trade are idiotic. Preds traded Jones for Johansen. Almost 100% of people would say the Preds "lost" that trade. But since then we have we have been to the Finals, won the Presidents trophy and 2 division titles. If that's losing, I hope we lose every trade just like that

phil162888

Jul 28, 2012
This is coming from a preds fan that has most likely watch almost every preds game like me and not some fan who just watched highlights and maybe caught an occasional preds game. The fact is Ryan Ellis has already started declining is true. Most pred fans have seen it. Yea Ellis has been a fan favorite and it sucks to see him go but His speed has diminished some and he is starting to get pushed around a lot. That Dallas series was an Embarrassment for Ellis. He looked like a rag doll. Not saying he’s bad because by all means the guy is still a top 4 defenseman but he is starting to decline. Hell have a couple good seasons for you guys no doubt unless he gets hurt which is a strong possibility. But his contract will look bad and might be unmovable if he stays declining. I’m glad we got rid of him when we did and got some potential young assets. Philly did win the trade IMO right now but in a couple years I think Nashville will be the ones the happiest

I've seen Ellis play since he was 16 literally hundreds and hundreds of games nice try....he was banged up this season maybe he stays that way ( I doubt it) but he's a top 2 dman if healthy. Preds are stacked on D and Myers with the Ekholm and Josi may really mature into a great dman but Ellis is exactly what the Flyers need and if he's banged up he will go on IR the last couple seasons.... Great move by the Flyers unless his injuries are long term concerns.... kid came back banged up to help them make a run and some fans turned on him lol

C0DITH

Apr 30, 2017
Methinks you missed some nuance. I was playing the hyperbole game the poster I was replying to had used.

But even so, you think you've seen him play more than Preds fans? I mean, granted we've only watched *checks notes* every freaking game hes played.

Hes not the same player he was two years ago. Hes missed a lot of games, he shies away from contact, and is on the wrong side of 30 to be just beginning a 6 year deal. Is he good? Sure. Will the years be better with him? Probably. Will the Preds be worse without him? No. I mean, that's why trades happen right? Both teams think they are getting something they need. The arguments over who "lost" a trade are idiotic. Preds traded Jones for Johansen. Almost 100% of people would say the Preds "lost" that trade. But since then we have we have been to the Finals, won the Presidents trophy and 2 division titles. If that's losing, I hope we lose every trade just like that

Wait until you watch a 6'5 shy away from contact more than a midget. Cody Glass is the saving grace of those 2, who I can see being pretty good. Myers IQ is piss poor, probably won't ever use his body right, and has his own pile of injuries.

The Burdened

May 1, 2017
When it is all said and done, Myers is likely a #5/#6 dman in the league and will have a long career in the league in that role.
Flyers essentially traded a dime a dozen guy+ a player who was busting hard for a top level RHD.
Nashville did well in flipping Patrick for Glass tho

Last edited:

C0DITH

Apr 30, 2017
The only losers in this trade, by the way, are the Knights. Not seeing the point of this one for them.

GeauxPreds1

Jul 5, 2017
Murfreesboro
I've seen Ellis play since he was 16 literally hundreds and hundreds of games nice try....he was banged up this season maybe he stays that way ( I doubt it) but he's a top 2 dman if healthy. Preds are stacked on D and Myers with the Ekholm and Josi may really mature into a great dman but Ellis is exactly what the Flyers need and if he's banged up he will go on IR the last couple seasons.... Great move by the Flyers unless his injuries are long term concerns.... kid came back banged up to help them make a run and some fans turned on him lol
Let’s not get it twisted the main reason we went on that run was because saros played great and the young players stepped up. I didn’t say Ellis was bad I said he is already starting to decline. You can see that in his play. And that contract will be atrocious in a couple years

Reactions: PredsV82

phil162888

Jul 28, 2012
Let’s not get it twisted the main reason we went on that run was because saros played great and the young players stepped up. I didn’t say Ellis was bad I said he is already starting to decline. You can see that in his play. And that contract will be atrocious in a couple years
Cap will be going up massively in 3 seasons so nice try..... Dmen like Ellis usually can play deep in their careers at an effective level. Answer this if Ellis was a UFA this off season what would he get in term and contract? I can tell you 6.25 for 6 years would be on the low side for sure ;)

herzausstein

Aug 31, 2014
West Virginia
He’s missed almost a full seasons worth of games over the last 4 seasons. 41 over the past two and 38 in 17-18. Let’s not act like he isn’t injured a fair amount over the past couple years.

Armourboy

Hey! You suck!
Jan 20, 2014
Shelbyville, TN
He's been banged up every year since 2017. It's a trend at this point.

captainpaxil

Dec 2, 2008
Flyers got the best player and Vegas got the highest upside. Nashville broke even. This could look incredibly bad for Philly in a few years.

Also it's very interesting that Philly now has an extra slot at forward for the expansion draft

PredsV82

All In LFG!
Sponsor
Aug 13, 2007
Cap will be going up massively in 3 seasons so nice try..... Dmen like Ellis usually can play deep in their careers at an effective level. Answer this if Ellis was a UFA this off season what would he get in term and contract? I can tell you 6.25 for 6 years would be on the low side for sure ;)

And like most UFA contracts given to 30 year olds, they become anchors in the last half.

Truth is this is a silly debate. If Philly feels like they are in a window, and needed a PMD, well, they got one. If hes healthy, hes not gonna suck and will probably be pretty good.

But the Preds window has moved back. We arent gonna be seriously competitive until Tomasino and Tolvanen reach their potential, and maybe not until Askarov is ready. So keeping Ellis when his game doesnt fit our coaches system and when hes probably gonna be post-prime when we are ready to make a run again makes no sense. So Poile got two young players plus a protection spot for someone plus 6mil plus in cap space. If Philly wins the Cup next year, most Preds fans will be happy for Ellis and not curse the trade. Not sure why this make me or the Preds "losers"

Reactions: Viqsi

Double Dion

Jets fan 28/06/2014
Feb 9, 2011
Well @Double Dion you want to man up about Patrick's value? Or are you going to say Glass was only worth a 2nd as well?
Glass is worth less than a 2nd. He couldn't even beat out Thomas Nosek for a spot. Knights bottom 2 centers are trash and he couldn't even play top line in the AHL. I honestly thought he was worth a 2nd. He's worth a failed prospect that Vegas wouldn't have even qualified.

Tripod

I hate this team
Aug 12, 2008
Nova Scotia
Then that is a fair trade. One wins in the short term, one wins in the long term, both get what they wanted.

pabst blue ribbon

🇺🇦🤝🇵🇱
Oct 26, 2015
PG
Cody Glass in his D+4 couldn't Crack center depth that consisted of William Karlsson, Chandler Stephenson and Nicolas Roy. While 75% of this thread are acting as if VGK gave up on Elias Petterson or something

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad