Confirmed Trade: [PHI/NSH/VGK] Ryan Ellis to PHI, Cody Glass and Philippe Myers to NSH, Nolan Patrick to VGK

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

phil162888

Jul 28, 2012
And like most UFA contracts given to 30 year olds, they become anchors in the last half.

Truth is this is a silly debate. If Philly feels like they are in a window, and needed a PMD, well, they got one. If hes healthy, hes not gonna suck and will probably be pretty good.

But the Preds window has moved back. We arent gonna be seriously competitive until Tomasino and Tolvanen reach their potential, and maybe not until Askarov is ready. So keeping Ellis when his game doesnt fit our coaches system and when hes probably gonna be post-prime when we are ready to make a run again makes no sense. So Poile got two young players plus a protection spot for someone plus 6mil plus in cap space. If Philly wins the Cup next year, most Preds fans will be happy for Ellis and not curse the trade. Not sure why this make me or the Preds "losers"
Tone seems different in this message....u were dissing Ellis now ur not.... i agree with everything u said above and could end up a good move long term for Preds but no need to diss Ellis who if healthy is a really good player and has been a great player for Preds

Reactions: FlyguyOX

The Winter Soldier

Apr 4, 2011
Not surprised McCrimmon would be interested in Patrick given their Brandon Wheatkings connection. Will be interesting to see what he can do in Vegas.

topshelf15

May 5, 2009
Term is kinda long on Ellis ,but there had to be some pain with gaining a legit top 4 defender...Philly just needed something to get that blueline back on track

PredsV82

All In LFG!
Sponsor
Aug 13, 2007
Tone seems different in this message....u were dissing Ellis now ur not.... i agree with everything u said above and could end up a good move long term for Preds but no need to diss Ellis who if healthy is a really good player and has been a great player for Preds

Look back to the post I was replying to... dude said something hyperbolic crapping on Myers and Glass and I took a similarly exaggerated crap on Ellis to make the point that he was being stupid(that's where the "see I can do that too" came from. )

Reactions: Viqsi

HanSolo

DJ Crazy Times
Apr 7, 2008
Las Vegas
It bums me out that Suzuki has thrived as much as he has. Happy for him but feels like we should've kept him. It's pain to see him do well.

This is the opposite case. I'm hoping wholeheartedly Glass becomes as good as he still possibly can be. The VGK mismanaged him as badly as you could without taking blatantly obvious steps to damage a player's development. Cody deserved better and I'm happy he gets a fresh chance to meet his potential with a new team. And I really hope he does. Vegas flat out forgot to develop him as soon as they put him on Cody Eakin's wing. I really hope everyone involved gets to see they f***ed up.

Last edited:

bleuetbio

Registered luser
Nov 13, 2008
Montreal
realy great for Phily. Even theses prospects looked great in thir year draft, they didnt pop up like they should.

cheesesteak

Jul 3, 2011
And like most UFA contracts given to 30 year olds, they become anchors in the last half.

Truth is this is a silly debate. If Philly feels like they are in a window, and needed a PMD, well, they got one. If hes healthy, hes not gonna suck and will probably be pretty good.

But the Preds window has moved back. We arent gonna be seriously competitive until Tomasino and Tolvanen reach their potential, and maybe not until Askarov is ready. So keeping Ellis when his game doesnt fit our coaches system and when hes probably gonna be post-prime when we are ready to make a run again makes no sense. So Poile got two young players plus a protection spot for someone plus 6mil plus in cap space. If Philly wins the Cup next year, most Preds fans will be happy for Ellis and not curse the trade. Not sure why this make me or the Preds "losers"

I wouldn’t even say it’s a window for sure…could be with young guys filling their potential. Main thing is the Flyers want to ice a competitive team because their management/fans/core players don’t want to see another season like the last one. It was an embarrassment, and the last 10 years hasn’t been great for Flyers fans. Enough building through the draft and waiting for potential. This is a move where you don’t break the bank or destroy your future and get better.

Good luck to Myers. He was one of my favorites but still is mostly potential. Nashville is a good place for him to figure it out.

phil162888

Jul 28, 2012
Look back to the post I was replying to... dude said something hyperbolic crapping on Myers and Glass and I took a similarly exaggerated crap on Ellis to make the point that he was being stupid(that's where the "see I can do that too" came from. )
posts were coming up in a hurry... didn't go back to previous posts.......Flyer fans are happy hope it works out for Myers he's got massive upside if he can smarten up in his own end and plays with a chip on his shoulder.

PredsV82

All In LFG!
Sponsor
Aug 13, 2007
posts were coming up in a hurry... didn't go back to previous posts.......Flyer fans are happy hope it works out for Myers he's got massive upside if he can smarten up in his own end and plays with a chip on his shoulder.

And Preds fans are happy too. We dont wish Ellis ill, and know hes in the East so wed only have to face him in the finals. This is how trades are supposed to work, with both sides getting something they need and giving up something they can live without. Honestly if there is any future debate/ controversy about this it will comparing Patrick's career arc to Glass'

Reactions: SanBlom

Ducks in a row

Go Ducks Quack Quack
Dec 17, 2013
U.S.A.
With this trade each of Vegas Golden Knights first 3 players drafted by the franchise (each 1st round picks and 22 years old or younger) are no longer part of the organization :popcorn:

This is IMO a bad trade for Vegas they could of done better when trading Cody Glass.

Tripod

I hate this team
Aug 12, 2008
Nova Scotia
So you think Vegas is playing a couple of replacement level centers at 3C and 4C because Cody Glass is super good and they're saving him for a special occasion?
So Kotkanemi is worth a 2nd rounder too?

Go ahead, show all the non sarcastic posts saying Glass is only worth a 2nd rounder at best. Should be able to find lots.

TheReelChuckFletcher

Former TheRillestPaulFenton; Harverd Alum
Jun 30, 2011
Raleigh and Chapel Hill, NC
The Glass-Patrick swap is nice for both teams. Glass is expansion exempt and Patrick is not, but Vegas is exempt from the draft, period, so they don't need to worry about protecting Patrick. Nashville then got a nice expansion-exempt piece in Glass and a decent, developable RHD in Myers for Ellis.

Reactions: Club and Rebels57

Double Dion

Jets fan 28/06/2014
Feb 9, 2011
So Kotkanemi is worth a 2nd rounder too?

Go ahead, show all the non sarcastic posts saying Glass is only worth a 2nd rounder at best. Should be able to find lots.
Kotkaniemi isn't worth a ton, but he's a lot better player than Glass. Light years better. He's better than Patrick too, just not by as much as Glass. When you add in that he's a better player right now and is 2 years younger I'd say he's worth a 1st in the top 20 or so.

Tripod

I hate this team
Aug 12, 2008
Nova Scotia
Kotkaniemi isn't worth a ton, but he's a lot better player than Glass. Light years better. He's better than Patrick too, just not by as much as Glass. When you add in that he's a better player right now and is 2 years younger I'd say he's worth a 1st in the top 20 or so.
The entire point of mentioning KK, is that he was benched in the playoffs just like Glass.

Anyways, I am done with this. Enjoy your evening and may the Flames make some great moves this offseason.

OvieGreat8

Apr 17, 2021
Like you guys know anything what's going to happen in the future.

No one won anything yet.

Double Dion

Jets fan 28/06/2014
Feb 9, 2011
The entire point of mentioning KK, is that he was benched in the playoffs just like Glass.

Anyways, I am done with this. Enjoy your evening and may the Flames make some great moves this offseason.
Glass wasn't just benched in the playoffs... He's not better than Patrick. At least Patrick was derailed by migraine issues and injuries. There's some small chance he becomes the Langkow I thought he would be. There's no excuse for Glass. Just a bust.

Leafs87

Mr. Steal Your Job
Aug 10, 2010
Toronto
Vegas got bent over here unless they feel they can somehow nurse Patrick back to health. Which has been an issue since before he was drafted

Gert B Frobe

Nov 18, 2003
Chester County
Patrick is a headcase (literally and figuratively).

Glass is a year younger and has been suppressed due to the centre depth on Vegas. He's going to break out next season.

Depth sure but Stephenson as a first line center in the NHL? I hope the best for Patrick but he brings absolutely nothing. He's slow, doesn't forecheck hard, doesn't set up his linemates, doesn't shoot, is terrified of the corners, doesn't go to the net... The guy is completely invisible almost every game and his compete level is just awful.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad