OT - NO POLITICS Autumn edition- foliage, cider doughnuts & pumpkin everything.

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Bruinaura

Resident Cookie Monster
Mar 29, 2014
FB_IMG_1727620887250.jpg

Gee Wally

Old, Grumpy Moderator
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
HF retirement home
Oh no….

LOS ANGELES (AP) — Kris Kristofferson, a Rhodes scholar with a deft writing style and rough charisma who became a country music superstar and A-list Hollywood actor, has died.
Kristofferson died at his home on Maui, Hawaii on Saturday, family spokeswoman Ebie McFarland said in an email. He was 88.
McFarland said Kristofferson died peacefully, surrounded by his family. No cause was given. He was 88.
Starting in the late 1960s, the Brownsville, Texas native wrote such classics standards as “Sunday Mornin’ Comin’ Down,” “Help Me Make it Through the Night,” “For the Good Times” and “Me and Bobby McGee.” Kristofferson was a singer himself, but many of his songs were best known as performed by others, whether Ray Price crooning “For the Good Times” or Janis Joplin belting out “Me and Bobby McGee.”

Ladyfan

Miss Bergy, Savvy Quaider and Looch
Sponsor
Jun 8, 2007
next to the bench
Oh no….

LOS ANGELES (AP) — Kris Kristofferson, a Rhodes scholar with a deft writing style and rough charisma who became a country music superstar and A-list Hollywood actor, has died.
Kristofferson died at his home on Maui, Hawaii on Saturday, family spokeswoman Ebie McFarland said in an email. He was 88.
McFarland said Kristofferson died peacefully, surrounded by his family. No cause was given. He was 88.
Starting in the late 1960s, the Brownsville, Texas native wrote such classics standards as “Sunday Mornin’ Comin’ Down,” “Help Me Make it Through the Night,” “For the Good Times” and “Me and Bobby McGee.” Kristofferson was a singer himself, but many of his songs were best known as performed by others, whether Ray Price crooning “For the Good Times” or Janis Joplin belting out “Me and Bobby McGee.”
Aw...I always liked Kris. He was so good looking

1727653707516.png

Reactions: caz16

AngryMilkcrates

End of an Era
Jun 4, 2016
@AngryMilkcrates how are things going? Any more word on supplies to your area?
We have drinking water being offered in small windows every other day.

Local work crews are round the clock at work building new water plants and all the piping(everything was destroyed.)

Water is shut off and we have to be careful of how we use what we have.

Everything is closed. People are told to stay home all week. Possibly next week as well. Schools just told their students in our county they have 2 weeks off.

Already had 8 people in Johnson City arrested for looting. They will be made examples of to discourage any others it looks like.

Sadly, people are clogging the roads either in panic or in curiosity looking at all the damage. This is clogging the few main drivable roads and emergency supplies and work crews are having issues with the traffic :/

Good news: locals are pulling together and working to clear debris and restore road usage with their own tools. People are at Wal-Mart JUST to help other people load supplies(elderly and disabled.) Schools are opening with volunteers to cook hot meals for families who cant make their own.

The community is coming together in a very positive way.

Bruinaura

Resident Cookie Monster
Mar 29, 2014

Local work crews are round the clock at work building new water plants and all the piping(everything was destroyed.)

Everything is closed. People are told to stay home all week. Possibly next week as well. Schools just told their students in our county they have 2 weeks off.

Already had 8 people in Johnson City arrested for looting. They will be made examples of to discourage any others it looks like.

Sadly, people are clogging the roads either in panic or in curiosity looking at all the damage. This is clogging the few main drivable roads and emergency supplies and work crews are having issues with the traffic :/

Good news: locals are pulling together and working to clear debris and restore road usage with their own tools. People are at Wal-Mart JUST to help other people load supplies(elderly and disabled.) Schools are opening with volunteers to cook hot meals for families who cant make their own.

I love the community working together. Nothing better. And we are the Volunteer state after all!

The looters, on the other hand.... just how scummy does one have to be to do something like that.

The rubberneckers aren't much higher on the list, in my opinion.

Hang in there!

• Love
Reactions: AngryMilkcrates

Alicat

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2005
Norman, OK

Glad to hear the community is coming together to begin the clean up and relief efforts. I'm seeing a lot of people frustrated about this percieved lack of coverage on major news outlets (trust me, it is being covered a lot) and as soon as they hear roads are passable, going out to see for themselves.

It is a sad reality that happens every time something happens. People have this morbid curiosity and need to fuel it anyway they can. Happens all the time here when we get severe weather. I hope local officials are able to clamp down so that those who need to get into the area can.

Please keep us posted on what you and others in your area may need. Your HF family is here for you.

Stay safe!!

• Love
Reactions: AngryMilkcrates

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad