Confirmed Trade: [PHI/BUF] Rasmus Ristolainen for Robert Hagg, 2021 1st round pick, 2023 2nd round pick

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Rich Nixon

No Prior Knowledge of "Flyers"
Jul 11, 2006
Key Biscayne
Have your dad be an NHL GM like Chuck Fletcher's was.

Use your dad's connections to meet Bob Clarke in Florida when you're 26, ingratiate yourself with Bob Clarke, wait until the First Church of Bob Clarke Brought to You By Comcast has a GM opening.

GigaChad

Oct 9, 2013
I will bet all my hfcash for Ristolainen to be better than 50% of all the dmen in the league next season.

The guy was overused and the most played player in the league.

jonlin

Nov 11, 2011
Weird, he isn't that much of an upgrade over Ghost is he?

Lol I thought Holland was bad at making trades, well he is...but that's a lot to give up. See if it works out for them

Looks like every fanboy on HF knows better than the GM:s? Clearly the persons paid to run a franchise saw some upgrade there. Nobody wanted Ghost for free, so Philly had to pay for someone to take him. Ristolainen on the other hand was sought after and Buffalo had many teams offering 1st rounders for him. Philly offered the only Top15 pick though, so they got him.

Reactions: Sasso09

mercury

Mar 10, 2003
South Philly/SoCal
Visit site
View attachment 455259

Risto blocks shots, hit and his TK GV ratio isn't that bad for a player that plays around 25 mins a night for BUF. All of this while he produce around 40 points with bad teams after bad teams...

Top pair. Wait until he plays with great coaching and a very good team.

tenor.gif

The Nuge

Some say…
Jan 26, 2011
British Columbia
I think they’re probably more excited about the fresh start. It sucks they have to do it again but it’s better than whatever the hell last year was.

I guess it’s a matter of opinion but I just don’t see any scenario where you should be more excited to have futures rather than a 24 year old Eichel. The last guy Buffalo had who was a legit threat to put up 90+ points each year was Pat Lafontaine, and that was 25 years ago.

Reactions: Buffalo Preds

C0DITH

Apr 30, 2017
Hope this trade makes some of the constant whiny Flyer fans finally jump ship.....

Won't happen because they like bitching 5 hours a day on a message board lol.

Reactions: Sasso09

Pengu

Jun 24, 2016
Thank you Flyers. Don't have worry about a cup in my lifetime the way this is going :)

tsujimoto74

May 28, 2012
I wouldnae put any stock into any graphs concerning Ristolainen. He played on the Sabres last year

Risto's fancies were actually looking great last season...until Risto got hit by Covid, and his partner (McCabe) tore all of the soft things in his knee.

threeVo

Jan 5, 2010
Tampa
Scouting report on Risto:

Struggles to make tape to tape passes. Will kill zone exits
Panics with the puck and slams it off the wall to no one
Has a keen sense of throwing the puck in during developing odd man rushes killing the offense

Sasso09

Jan 2, 2009
Chicago
how do you pull off a great trade to get Ellis just to turn around and do this lmao
I don't like the trade at all, value wise Flyers lose.

My only issue is the talk of how bad Risto is. I'm not sure Hedman could post good numbers in Buffalo with the usage Risto had. He was hung out to dry and overused significantly. I think he'll be great on the 2nd pair with Sanheim playing 16 minutes a game. He also adds a physical element they NEED. They've been pushed around for seasons with no answer. The biggest loser in this trade is Sam Morin who just saw his only viability with the team taken from him.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad