Confirmed Trade: [PHI/BUF] Rasmus Ristolainen for Robert Hagg, 2021 1st round pick, 2023 2nd round pick

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Draftman

Feb 28, 2002
Long Island, NY
Visit site
Maybe this guy kept upping the price?
thumb_1432876035_1a.jpg

The Burdened

May 1, 2017
been a long long time since I've seen a GM in any sport cause this much damage to a franchise in less than 24 hours

Figgy44

A toast of purple gato for the memories
Dec 15, 2014
Ristolainen eats that all up and then some, no? I will say I do like that Philly isn't content to just sit on the sidelines.

My mistake, I somehow thought Myers was due a pay raise soon, but he has two more years at 2.5 AAV. But IMO Risto's ceiling is higher than Myers and it's risk it's a marginal upgrade. IMO the rewards is a top pairing guy with size, offense and sandpaper within a few seasons.

North Cole

♧ Lem
Jan 22, 2017
Weird, he isn't that much of an upgrade over Ghost is he?

Lol I thought Holland was bad at making trades, well he is...but that's a lot to give up. See if it works out for them

captainpaxil

Dec 2, 2008
I wonder how many teams passed on the second to take hagg off our hands only to give up 13th overall for risto.

Doctyl

Play-ins Manager
Jan 25, 2011
Bofflol
View attachment 455259

Risto blocks shots, hit and his TK GV ratio isn't that bad for a player that plays around 25 mins a night for BUF. All of this while he produce around 40 points with bad teams after bad teams...

Top pair. Wait until he plays with great coaching and a very good team.
I mean lining up in front of a firing squad and having some shots hit you isn’t that impressive

mercury

Mar 10, 2003
South Philly/SoCal
Visit site
Is Fletcher concerned that the Flyers are short of their traditional "guys we like but who do not contribute to winning?" We have the Old Reclamation Project Goalie Who Ends Up Playing Way Too Much (Elliott), the Predators Defenseman/Ginger (Ellis), and now the Finnish Defenseman (Risto). So we need to add The Goon and The Overmatched 4th Liner Pressed into Middle-6 Duty, and we will have the First-Round Exit Village People.

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
View attachment 455259

Risto blocks shots, hit and his TK GV ratio isn't that bad for a player that plays around 25 mins a night for BUF. All of this while he produce around 40 points with bad teams after bad teams...

Top pair. Wait until he plays with great coaching and a very good team.

I recommend you looking up Jack Johnson's resume and see if you think he was a top pair D.

mercury

Mar 10, 2003
South Philly/SoCal
Visit site
The scary thing is what happens if Risto plays like a decent 2nd pairing defenseman. Fletcher will think that he is making all the right moves and continue to squander valuable assets. That's one thing if it's 1998, but in a cap world, it's actually worse to do this than it is to just overpay/overyear productive guys.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad