Confirmed Trade: [PHI/BUF] Rasmus Ristolainen for Robert Hagg, 2021 1st round pick, 2023 2nd round pick

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

periferal

Jul 5, 2007
seems like an overpayment from the flyers

giphy.gif

BloFan4Life

Jul 8, 2009
NY
Sabres fans have to be excited by this trade. If they can get this for Risto, they are going to get a king's ransom for Eichel. Adams isn't getting fleeced.

He got a lot of criticism for Hall trade but he was handcuffed there. Right now Sabres fans have to be happy with KAGM.

The Hall trade wasn't bad at all. Bjork was a very underrated piece in that trade.

periferal

Jul 5, 2007
Flyers had to do something to shake up the locker room. They don’t need any more draft picks, they need to contend.

Maybe it's the front office and coaching that need shaking?

And if you need a shakeup with the roster....Then trade players away. Don't overpay to take on a decent player into a cancerous locker room. Makes zero sense. If there's a culture problem in Philly, Ristolainen ain't solving it, and that 1st and 2nd could've been used in so many better ways.

Reactions: Larry44

tsujimoto74

May 28, 2012
It’s likely he’s going to be paired with Sanheim which is going to be a f***ing disaster.

On Philly's 2nd pairing? I think you (and other PHI fans) will be pleasantly surprised what he can do when he's not being asked to be The Guy on defense. He's a flawed player, obviously, but he's far from being all bad. He was asked to do a lot of things he shouldn't have been in Buffalo.

BHD

Here comes Skinner
Dec 27, 2009
Moncton, NB
Well, the defensive corps is marginally better... In terms of assets, it's a disaster.

And that is the thing with Fletcher. He parts with a bunch of assets to make the team (as you said) marginally better. I mean... Vegas traded a handful of players to make room for Pietrangelo last summer, and that is fine. Ristolainen, though, isn't nearly as good as AP. That's not a knock on the player - that's a knock on the GM.

As @tsujimoto74 said, Ristolainen could turn out to be better than people think he is. But still... a 1st, 2nd, and a roster player is a sizeable amount to part with for a second-pairing guy.

dire wolf

immaculate vibes
May 9, 2006
Out in LA
Risto is a bit of an enigma. You can see flashes of brilliance in his game sometimes, and he has had some stretches of very good play. However, overall, his hockey sense is pretty poor. I assume he will look a lot better on another team. He's basically Zach Bogosian. Nonetheless, 13OA is definitely a big overpay for Risto.

SnS

Global Moderator
Jan 27, 2009
Wilson, North Carolina
On Philly's 2nd pairing? I think you (and other PHI fans) will be pleasantly surprised what he can do when he's not being asked to be The Guy on defense. He's a flawed player, obviously, but he's far from being all bad. He was asked to do a lot of things he shouldn't have been in Buffalo.

He’s seemingly a tire fire in his own zone. That’s going to be a huge issue.

Sanheim and Braun were really good together, iirc. And Braun is a shell of his former self.

periferal

Jul 5, 2007
1- No. f***. No.
2- No. f***. No.
3- no. f***. No.
4- Hart is the plan there.

if I was g and couts. I would of told Fletcher yesterday that I want out.

And how in the world can you go back into 21-22 with Hart given how he played last year. Does Fletcher think he can solve all of Hart's problems with better defense?

Trading Giroux and Couturier for futures would've been a better move given where the Flyers are and how far from Cup contention they are.

Lindberg Cheese

Apr 28, 2013
Cambodia
So many here ( to include Sabres fans) wouldn't listen to a very few of us that said Risto was not the issue in Buffalo. The issue was the shit talent that surrounded him.

Philly got a good one. A #1 PAIRING DEFENSEMAN.

Can't wait to see him with a good organization.
We’ll see where he winds up in UFA

DudeWhereIsMakar

Bergevin sent me an offer sheet
Apr 25, 2014
Winnipeg
This trade is terrible... I wouldn't have given that much away for Risto, nothing more than a 2nd + Harkins/DeMelo. the difference is though Risto would fit better in Winnipeg's system than in Philly's. But it looks Philly is working on their blue-line.

But knowing Buffalo, they're going to mess up this trade by drafting a bust like they always do. But on Philly's end, they need to stop trying way too hard to be good because everytime they do that they mess up... big time. For example, they handed the Kings their first two Stanley Cups by doing so, could say the same about Chicago with Sharp. And St. Louis when it came to Brayden Schenn.

SnS

Global Moderator
Jan 27, 2009
Wilson, North Carolina
And how in the world can you go back into 21-22 with Hart given how he played last year. Does Fletcher think he can solve all of Hart's problems with better defense?

Trading Giroux and Couturier for futures would've been a better move given where the Flyers are and how far from Cup contention they are.

First part - he was very critical of the D and not fixing the Niskanen retirement problem. So yea, he feels fixing the D will do it.

Second part - he’s likely told not rebuild and to try and contend. It’s one of the things that got Hextall fired.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad