Confirmed Trade: [PHI/BUF] Rasmus Ristolainen for Robert Hagg, 2021 1st round pick, 2023 2nd round pick

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

periferal

Jul 5, 2007
Ways to look at this....

1. Are the Flyers Ristolainen away from being a true Cup contender this year?
  2. Was it worth trading a 1st and 2nd for him with the risk he walks for nothing next year.
  3. If they resign him, is he going to be worth his next contract?
  4. Why aren't they pouring these pick resources into finding a goalie???

With Giroux and Couturier UFA's next year, if the Flyers don't win this year and they both leave (along with Risto), it could be very ugly there for years to come.

bleedgreen

Dec 8, 2003
colorado
Visit site
I guess it’s a matter of opinion but I just don’t see any scenario where you should be more excited to have futures rather than a 24 year old Eichel. The last guy Buffalo had who was a legit threat to put up 90+ points each year was Pat Lafontaine, and that was 25 years ago.
If he doesn't want to play for them anymore what are they supposed to do? I don't disagree with you, but it seems to be a pretty dire situation with Eichel. They have to root for someone, and get excited about something. Might as well embrace the change and roll with it instead of getting it ground in your face for the 1000th time that fans of other teams enjoy the fact your team sucks.

The Burdened

May 1, 2017
my heart sank when I logged on 10-minutes ago and saw this:

TKrddJr.png

I know in my guy we were f***ed before I even saw the rest of the trade. The R..... was enough fore me to know.

This must be what if feels like when a doc tells you "we've found something and it's inoperable"

North Cole

♧ Lem
Jan 22, 2017
Looks like every fanboy on HF knows better than the GM:s? Clearly the persons paid to run a franchise saw some upgrade there. Nobody wanted Ghost for free, so Philly had to pay for someone to take him. Ristolainen on the other hand was sought after and Buffalo had many teams offering 1st rounders for him. Philly offered the only Top15 pick though, so they got him.

Looks every good company man can't form an opinion on their own. If you're going to appeal to authority, at least aim higher than Fletcher.

Swervin81

Leaf fan | YYZ -> SEA
Nov 10, 2011
Seattle, WA
Risto's fancies were actually looking great last season...until Risto got hit by Covid, and his partner (McCabe) tore all of the soft things in his knee.
McCabe was propping up Risto much in the same way that John Marino propped up Jack Johnson in Pittsburgh.

HabsAddict

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
I'm sure Sabres were asking for Guhle and Bbinz was making car noises and hanging up.

"Did you say Guhle? I'm sorry, I'm driving and loosing the connection"....

SnS

Global Moderator
Jan 27, 2009
Wilson, North Carolina
Ways to look at this....

1. Are the Flyers Ristolainen away from being a true Cup contender this year?
  2. Was it worth trading a 1st and 2nd for him with the risk he walks for nothing next year.
  3. If they resign him, is he going to be worth his next contract?
  4. Why aren't they pouring these pick resources into finding a goalie???

With Giroux and Couturier UFA's next year, if the Flyers don't win this year and they both leave (along with Risto), it could be very ugly there for years to come.

1- No. f***. No.
2- No. f***. No.
3- no. f***. No.
4- Hart is the plan there.

if I was g and couts. I would of told Fletcher yesterday that I want out.

Pi

Nov 16, 2010
Toronto
Sabres fans have to be excited by this trade. If they can get this for Risto, they are going to get a king's ransom for Eichel. Adams isn't getting fleeced.

He got a lot of criticism for Hall trade but he was handcuffed there. Right now Sabres fans have to be happy with KAGM.

Reactions: normaliswear

periferal

Jul 5, 2007
I will bet all my hfcash for Ristolainen to be better than 50% of all the dmen in the league next season.

The guy was overused and the most played player in the league.

There are about 200 defenseman in the NHL between all 32 teams. I will definitely put him in the top 100 right now.

That said....Trade still sucks.

Jayan

NYR fanatic
Jul 6, 2012
Wow did Flyers GM have a stroke or something?

i feel sorry for Flyers fans

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad