Confirmed Trade: [PHI/BUF] Rasmus Ristolainen for Robert Hagg, 2021 1st round pick, 2023 2nd round pick

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

sabresEH

May 17, 2009
Kelowna, BC
I would guess Philly uses Braun in a more defensive role? Braun getting majority D zone starts, Risto getting majority O zone starts and Ellis as the top pairing guy could work well for Philly. He’ll help your PP and he was very effective at not allowing teams to enter the zone this year with McCabe. The trouble is when he does allow them to get the zone and he gets hemmed. Not saying he’ll be awesome for Philly but he won’t be as bad as people make it seem

Rich Nixon

No Prior Knowledge of "Flyers"
Jul 11, 2006
Key Biscayne
It's crazy how stocked up the Flyers were on prospect depth at one point, it's twice as crazy how fast they blew almost all of it on absolutely nothing.

That's the remarkable thing. They went from a great position to acwuire big assets to a mediocre position. Their defense improved, but not enough to justify the cost. Now they still have needs up front and much less to spend.

13th in 2021, 2nd in 2022, 2nd in 2023, 7th 2022, Nolan Patrick, Phil Myers, Robert Hagg, Shayne Gostisbehere

for

Ryan Ellis and Rasmus Ristolainen

Roman Maroni

Prepared to be underwhelmed
Sponsor
Dec 7, 2019
Fletcher is already trying to figure out how to get him signed for another 13 years and 98 million…….

Reactions: sabresEH

PensandCaps

Beddy Tlueger
May 22, 2015
I'd like to congratulate the rest of the Metropolitan Division on your schedule becoming that much easier for the foreseeable future.

I'd like to congratulate the Buffalo Sabres on fleecing this GM, who is a total bottom, while offering my condolences re: Hagg.

I'd like to congratulate all the fans who have hated our team over the years - you're welcome for the pure comedy we provide now.

Finally, I'd like to congratulate Satan for orchestrating this move. Well played, Devil.

woah

Reactions: flying v 604

jonlin

Nov 11, 2011
Yeah... just kind of weird that they gave up all that to go from Ghost to Risto though...

I`d assume its more about getting a proper defense overall. I actually think Philly has a plan and wants to make functioning D-pairs. Provorov, Ellis, Risto is actually a pretty good 1-3, Risto beeing the #3

Quid Pro Clowe

Dec 28, 2008
Maybe I’m too high on Hagg and not enough on Risto, but multiple high picks seems excessive. Who knows the exact market, though.

periferal

Jul 5, 2007
Interesting job with possible more moves by Buffalo to move out Eichel and Reinhart. If I were Buffalo, I'd target 2022 1st rounders now as well in those moves and stockpile a bit more in next years draft.

Not 1 2022 1st round has been traded yet. I think teams know that draft is the shit and are very hesitant to give one up.

That said, I think the Sabres should demand one as part of any deal for Eichel.

Martin Skoula

Oct 18, 2017
That's the remarkable thing. They went from a great position to acwuire big assets to a mediocre position. Their defense improved, but not enough to justify the cost. Now they still have needs up front and much less to spend.

13th in 2021, 2nd in 2022, 2nd in 2023, 7th 2022, Nolan Patrick, Phil Myers, Robert Hagg, Shayne Gostisbehere

for

Ryan Ellis and Rasmus Ristolainen

Shades of Tim Murray honestly. They're probably not even done yet is the scary thing, I can't imagine they're going to leave the offseason with Frost/Allisson/York/Bring all still in the pool.

Rubi

Photographer
Sponsor
Jan 9, 2009
Pricey. Great return for Kevyn Adams.
If he gets this for Risto, Adams will be expecting something on par with Draisaitl for Eichel.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad