Confirmed Trade: [PHI/BUF] Rasmus Ristolainen for Robert Hagg, 2021 1st round pick, 2023 2nd round pick

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Blackjack

Feb 13, 2003
keyjhboardd +bro]ke
Visit site
Is this the 5th post saying the same already? What are you - an Echo?

Philly paid to get someone take Ghosts contract, because nobody wanted him. It hardly has anything to do with this trade. I`m pretty sure they actually offered Ghost +++ to Buffalo too, but he wasnt wanted.

It`s like dumb&dumber having an conversation here when multiple ppl throw stupid arguments. Trade A + Trade B + Trade C is not Trade ABC

Yeah... just kind of weird that they gave up all that to go from Ghost to Risto though...

jonlin

Nov 11, 2011
Gotta say I don't really understand this one for the Flyers given what they just paid to move on from Ghost.

In:
Ristolainen

Out:
Hagg
Ghostisbehere
1st (13th OA) 2021
2nd 2022
2nd 2023
7th 2022

I am struggling to see how this isn't some disastrous asset management.

And I`m really struggling with how some of you actually can read and write if you cant separate trades. Ghost WAS NOT WANTED by anyone, so Philly HAD TO PAY to get rid of him.

Martin Skoula

Oct 18, 2017
It's crazy how stocked up the Flyers were on prospect depth at one point, it's twice as crazy how fast they blew almost all of it on absolutely nothing.

AcerComputer

Aug 4, 2014
The fact he has 1 year left and got this, just wow. Philly also gave up a 2nd rounder to get rid of Ghost, only to get a guy with the same suspect D acumen. The trade should have at least been Ghost + 1st for Risto

Reactions: DingDongCharlie

mercury

Mar 10, 2003
South Philly/SoCal
Visit site
This is insane. Do GMs just look at where a player was drafted?

I had the same reaction. I wonder if Fletcher signs Hugh Jessiman next.

One of the worst trades I've ever seen. This is horrible. .

It could well be.

With all this invested, is there any doubt that they are gonna give him a pricey contract extension aswell. Like 7x7

Don't speak that evil into existence.

Reactions: PensandCaps

tom leafers

Jan 25, 2017
Toronto
upload_2021-7-23_14-34-49.jpeg

Captain Dave Poulin

Imaginary Cat
Sponsor
Apr 30, 2015
Tokyo, JP
I'd like to congratulate the rest of the Metropolitan Division on your schedule becoming that much easier for the foreseeable future.

I'd like to congratulate the Buffalo Sabres on fleecing this GM, who is a total bottom, while offering my condolences re: Hagg.

I'd like to congratulate all the fans who have hated our team over the years - you're welcome for the pure comedy we provide now.

Finally, I'd like to congratulate Satan for orchestrating this move. Well played, Devil.

periferal

Jul 5, 2007
A few months ago I said this one play below was the 20-21 Sabres season in a nutshell.

Now that a part of it is gone, maybe greener pastures are ahead...?

Reactions: sabremike

Dubi Doo

Aug 27, 2008
I think Risto will perform better than people on HF think he will. He was having a great start to last season with McCabe before he got COVID.

McCabe is a UFA, maybe Philly should sign him too.
Risto always looks good for about 15 games, then goes to complete shit. Philly may be able to save him, but damn- the 13th overall pick is a STEEP price to pay.

Traitor Zach

Released from Glory
Jan 29, 2012
Northeast
Interesting job with possible more moves by Buffalo to move out Eichel and Reinhart. If I were Buffalo, I'd target 2022 1st rounders now as well in those moves and stockpile a bit more in next years draft.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad