Prospect Info: Phantoms (AHL), Reading Royals (ECHL), NCAA, Jrs., Int'l, etc. [Mid-April Edition]

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

mr4tno

Oct 13, 2017
You need to fill out an AHL roster. Flyers don't have a lot of prospects going to the AHL this season, in the next couple years as CHL classes graduate and college kids come out, they'll fill more slots from within.

There's a handful of AHL plus guys (Marody, Brooks, Belpido) who provide a veteran core, then your prospects but the rest of the roster is going to be guys you pick up off the street. The AHL plus guys tend to garner NHL or lucrative two way deals (AHL salary of $200-400K) that can eat into your 50 man limit.
I get the whole roster filling out thing; they all can't be first round draft picks. My issue is I would like to see them take a chance on younger, unproven players as opposed to these retreads. Swing for the fences. Last year they did it with Gaucher. Maybe there is something in the genes as his brother was a 1st round draft pick. Of course he could just be a Mike Maddux (baseball analogy), but at least they took a chance. Why not sign Rochette who they were intrigued by (106 pts, albeit in his 5th/6th year).

The other issue is, as someone already pointed out, these types of players often become high line-up minute eaters within the Flyers organization as they are viewed as safe bets....

Maurice of Orange

13:21 🏒🏒
Feb 5, 2016
He played for the Manitoba Moose last year so I did see him play a couple times . He is not horrible but is exactly a bottom six forward . I am not sure Wilson is resigned for this year but he is a younger version with a little less skill .

I have no idea why they sign guys like this but lots of AHL teams recycle this type of player .
The Phantoms resigned Garrett Wilson, I believe the Phantoms will end up making Wilson the Captain since Cal O’Reilly signed with Milwaukee.

Lehigh Valley projects to have 14 forward, 10 defensemen and 3 goalies including Polei* but not including Foerster or Zamula as they are expected to challenge for positions on the Flyers roster, some of the Phantoms players will also end up being recalled to the NHL or reassigned to the ECHL throughout the season, with the exception of Emil Andrae who could also challenge for a spot on the Flyers roster or end up being loaned to the SHL for the season.

This is an early projection of the Phantoms roster.
Line 1 LW Desnoyers C Gardner RW Brink
Line 2 LW Lycksell C Marody RW Tuomaala
Line 3 LW Wilson* C Brooks RW Wisdom
Line 4 LW Furry* C Avon RW Gaucher*

1st Pair LD Andrae RD Belpedio
2nd Pair LD Ginning RD Attard
3rd Pair LD Mete RD Grans

Goalies:
Starter: Ersson
Backup: Peterson

Scratched:
C Bellerive*
LW Polei*
LD Millman
LD Zmolek
RD Samson
RD Karashik*
G Maier*
*AHL Contract

Captain: Garrett Wilson < not currently named captain.
Alternate Captain: Louie Belpedio
Alternate Captain: Adam Brooks

Magua

Entirely Palatable Product
Apr 25, 2016
Huron of the Lakes
Tortorella will eventually be a senior advisor/spiritual leader. He’ll write a pseudoscience book about winning culture that will be mandatory reading for all employees. He’ll hold individual psychotherapy auditing sessions for the players. Then he’ll get bored and delegate responsibilities to an underling.

mr4tno

Oct 13, 2017
The Phantoms resigned Garrett Wilson, I believe the Phantoms will end up making Wilson the Captain since Cal O’Reilly signed with Milwaukee.

Lehigh Valley projects to have 14 forward, 10 defensemen and 3 goalies including Polei* but not including Foerster or Zamula as they are expected to challenge for positions on the Flyers roster, some of the Phantoms players will also end up being recalled to the NHL or reassigned to the ECHL throughout the season, with the exception of Emil Andrae who could also challenge for a spot on the Flyers roster or end up being loaned to the SHL for the season.

Goalies:

Scratched:
C Bellerive*
LW Polei*
LD Millman
LD Zmolek
RD Samson
RD Karashik*
G Maier*
*AHL Contract

Who is Gardner and why on God's green earth does he deserve an NHL contract, let alone for 2 years. This is why I cant stand the Flyers

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014

Goalies:

Scratched:
C Bellerive*
LW Polei*
LD Millman
LD Zmolek
RD Samson
RD Karashik*
G Maier*
*AHL Contract

Bolded are prospects. I think they can only play 6 AHL veterans at one time?
Andrae may end up back in SHL if he doesn't make the NHL team.
Ersson is likely the NHL backkup.

Reactions: BernieParent

tnfrs

Jul 19, 2023
Pretty cool only having what 3 skaters? with much upside on the AHL roster after missing the playoffs in 4 out of the last 5 years
if you add foerster and gauthier to the list it gets a little better but ya we should have more prospects knocking on the door, its not anything to celebrate when your 1st round picks have good D+ seasons but its not like we've been drafting bums lately

GapToothedWonder

Dec 20, 2013
Paris of the Praries
if you add foerster and gauthier to the list it gets a little better but ya we should have more prospects knocking on the door, its not anything to celebrate when your 1st round picks have good D+ seasons but its not like we've been drafting bums lately
If we added Foerster and Gauthier to a list specifically talking about the AHL roster we would no longer specifically be talking about the AHL roster.

Every NHL team has players like that on their AHL team.

Frankly, you shouldn't give a damn about ol' Rhett.
4.5/5 Bernies for you good sir.

tnfrs

Jul 19, 2023
If we added Foerster and Gauthier to a list specifically talking about the AHL roster we would no longer specifically be talking about the AHL roster.
foerster could end up spending time there again this season, and gauthier will be there after his ncaa season ends

Ironmanrulez

#nEvErrEbUiLd #nEvErpLaYyOuTh #nEverpLaYsKiLL
Jul 1, 2010
Cologne, Germany

Goalies:

Scratched:
C Bellerive*
LW Polei*
LD Millman
LD Zmolek
RD Samson
RD Karashik*
G Maier*
*AHL Contract

Seems a pretty bad team

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad