Prospect Info: Phantoms (AHL), Reading Royals (ECHL), NCAA, Jrs., Int'l, etc. [Mid-April Edition]

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Curufinwe

Feb 28, 2013
The Flyers burned the first year of Lyon's contract without him playing in an NHL game, but if they do want to get Gauthier in at least one regular season game, then game 82 vs the Caps on April 16th would work. The Frozen Four ends three days prior.

2024St. Paul Xcel Energy CenterApril 11 & 13, 2024

tnfrs

Jul 19, 2023
Speaking of wishful thinking.
gauthier has literally said these exact words in interviews, that the plan is to join the phantoms after his college seasons ends hopefully in april but ok grumpy pants

The Flyers burned the first year of Lyon's contract without him playing in an NHL game, but if they do want to get Gauthier in at least one regular season game, then game 82 vs the Caps on April 16th would work. The Frozen Four ends three days prior.

2024St. PaulXcel Energy CenterApril 11 & 13, 2024
i think they did that to convince lyon to sign in philly, they did the same thing with mike vecchione

Reactions: Math the wild rose

tnfrs

Jul 19, 2023
And they burned York's first year to get him to sign after his second college season. Which they will also do with Gauthier.

Minnesota signed Boldy on April 1, 2021 and burned the first year of his ELC without him playing a single NHL game.

i thought there was a scenario where he could play some games and not burn the first year, it sounds like im wrong but if there were a situation where we didnt have to burn a year of his ELC just for a handful of games at the end of the year id rather have them do that, it sounds like burning that first year really only benefits the player

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
i thought there was a scenario where he could play some games and not burn the first year, it sounds like im wrong but if there were a situation where we didnt have to burn a year of his ELC just for a handful of games at the end of the year id rather have them do that, it sounds like burning that first year really only benefits the player
Burning the first year is SOP for top prospects.

TB87

Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn
May 30, 2018
The front office thinks that Gauthier is a special prospect so I’d be surprised if he plays much in the AHL at all. He can play, he is just not special and the team who is shit at developing can’t see that so it’s par for the course lol.

GapToothedWonder

Dec 20, 2013
Paris of the Praries
gauthier has literally said these exact words in interviews, that the plan is to join the phantoms after his college seasons ends hopefully in april but ok grumpy pants
He said in an interview that he expects to play for the Phantoms at the end of the year?

Regardless. My point is that after drafting highly in 4 out of the last 5 seasons, it's not a good thing to have an AHL team so devoid of players with middle 6 or better upside that somebody is trying to squabble about the point that a college player joining the team for a handful of games at the end of the season (maybe, actually unlikely) makes it look a lot better.

mr4tno

Oct 13, 2017
Your AHL team will not have a lot of top prospects (at least not for long) or they're not top prospects.
Agreed, but Flyers are a little different in that they preferred to employ scrub knuckle draggers at the NHL wherever possible.

Top prospects need tutlage under IP. It takes time to mold a diamond into a rock.

Reactions: Ironmanrulez

tnfrs

Jul 19, 2023
He said in an interview that he expects to play for the Phantoms at the end of the year?

Regardless. My point is that after drafting highly in 4 out of the last 5 seasons, it's not a good thing to have an AHL team so devoid of players with middle 6 or better upside that somebody is trying to squabble about the point that a college player joining the team for a handful of games at the end of the season (maybe, actually unlikely) makes it look a lot better.
we drafted in the top 10 in the last 2 drafts, what high other high drafts are you referring to? foerster was 2020 and he was taken 23rd, hes probably playing in the nhl this year and farabee frost and cam have already graduated so id say the last 4 of 5 drafts have gone pretty well considering we still have a handful of 2nd rounders in the AHL that are still waiting for a shot

GapToothedWonder

Dec 20, 2013
Paris of the Praries
we drafted in the top 10 in the last 2 drafts, what high other high drafts are you referring to? foerster was 2020 and he was taken 23rd, hes probably playing in the nhl this year and farabee frost and cam have already graduated so id say the last 4 of 5 drafts have gone pretty well considering we still have a handful of 2nd rounders in the AHL that are still waiting for a shot
As in drafting in the top half of the draft in 4 out of the last 5 years. As in this should be a team that has something like 15 to 20 top 100 picks over the last 5 years. As in if within a few years of being drafted the you only have 3 players on your AHL roster with a realistic shot of having more then a cup of coffee at the NHL level isn't a good thing. As in that doesn't bode well for the drafting and development abilities of a team that is supposed to be rebuilding.

Also you missed answering this part "He said in an interview that he expects to play for the Phantoms at the end of the year?"

tnfrs

Jul 19, 2023
As in drafting in the top half of the draft in 4 out of the last 5 years. As in this should be a team that has something like 15 to 20 top 100 picks over the last 5 years. As in if within a few years of being drafted the you only have 3 players on your AHL roster with a realistic shot of having more then a cup of coffee at the NHL level isn't a good thing. As in that doesn't bode well for the drafting and development abilities of a team that is supposed to be rebuilding.

Also you missed answering this part "He said in an interview that he expects to play for the Phantoms at the end of the year?"
lol there are zero teams with AHL rosters like that, youre hoping for a fantasy world that doesnt exist. youre complaining because we dont have enough game breakers playing in the AHL because theyve all graduated to the NHL and saying Cutter Gauthier doesnt count, why because hes playing NCAA? youre complaining about the last 5 drafts but one of those drafts we got Michkov and bonk who are both game breakers in all likelihood but lets conveniently ignore them because theyre not playing in the AHL this year. You just want things to complain about, if you honestly see nothing positive with the prospects lately youre delusional

and ya he said it in a media scrum at the summer series, could have been between periods maybe it was after a game and he very clearly said he was going to be playing in the AHL after he signed his ELC. Which is always the plan with every prospect until they play their way into the NHL which Cutter obviously hasnt yet. Thats prospect development 101 whether youve got a rage boner for the flyers management or not lol

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
The front office thinks that Gauthier is a special prospect so I’d be surprised if he plays much in the AHL at all. He can play, he is just not special and the team who is shit at developing can’t see that so it’s par for the course lol.
Well, he's not the sexy playmaking center you like to cream over, but there is a place for big, fast centers in the NHL.

We'll get a much better feel for his potential this season at BC, one issue he's had is he's too good of a scorer, otherwise he'd have been the 2C in international competition and the USDP instead of the 1LW.

Reactions: Math the wild rose

GapToothedWonder

Dec 20, 2013
Paris of the Praries
lol there are zero teams with AHL rosters like that, youre hoping for a fantasy world that doesnt exist. youre complaining because we dont have enough game breakers playing in the AHL because theyve all graduated to the NHL and saying Cutter Gauthier doesnt count, why because hes playing NCAA? youre complaining about the last 5 drafts but one of those drafts we got Michkov and bonk who are both game breakers in all likelihood but lets conveniently ignore them because theyre not playing in the AHL this year. You just want things to complain about, if you honestly see nothing positive with the prospects lately youre delusional

and ya he said it in a media scrum at the summer series, could have been between periods maybe it was after a game and he very clearly said he was going to be playing in the AHL after he signed his ELC. Which is always the plan with every prospect until they play their way into the NHL which Cutter obviously hasnt yet. Thats prospect development 101 whether youve got a rage boner for the flyers management or not lol
Why are you talking about "game breakers" I've at no point used that term or talked about that level of talent. You are being disingenuous.

It's also unsurprising that you are being so ambiguous and flippant about my request to provide the quote you are claiming Gauthier has previously said.

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014

They refused to rebuild until this summer, that was on the FO as much as CF, Scott made it clear he wanted an "aggressive reload."
So of course they haven't accumulated many extra picks until 2023 and 2024.

They've landed York, Foerster, Gauthier, Michkov and Bonk.
They have 2 1st and 2 2nd rd picks in the 2024 draft, before they make any more deals.

tnfrs

Jul 19, 2023
Why are you talking about "game breakers" I've at no point used that term or talked about that level of talent. You are being disingenuous.

It's also unsurprising that you are being so ambiguous and flippant about my request to provide the quote you are claiming Gauthier has previously said.
"middle 6 or better players" implies the same thing and i gave you a paraphrased quote im sure if you dig hard enough you can find the clip on twitter but i dont rly give a shit man

Feb 19, 2003
Concord, New Hampshire
I could see Cutter signing a ATO with the Phantoms next spring then sign his ELC after the season.

And they burned York's first year to get him to sign after his second college season. Which they will also do with Gauthier.

Minnesota signed Boldy on April 1, 2021 and burned the first year of his ELC without him playing a single NHL game.

But that was with that f***ing imbecile Chuck Fletcher. I will be surprised if he burns a year this coming season

Reactions: tnfrs

GapToothedWonder

Dec 20, 2013
Paris of the Praries
"middle 6 or better players" implies the same thing
So you took what I said and then tried to frame my words in the least favorable light possible. Do you really not see how that makes you look disingenuous?

and i gave you a paraphrased quote im sure if you dig hard enough you can find the clip on twitter but i dont rly give a shit man
Got it, make a a claim, be unable to back it up with anything other then "trust me bro", then tell the person who called you out to find the evidence for you. Sure feels like a lot of deflecting going on.

Anyways. Onto Igors list with you. Good luck having fruitful conversation with people here with the way you have acted since you've shown up.

• Love

Curufinwe

Feb 28, 2013
I could see Cutter signing a ATO with the Phantoms next spring then sign his ELC after the season.
There's no reason for him to do that.

But that was with that f***ing imbecile Chuck Fletcher. I will be surprised if he burns a year this coming season
It has nothing to do with Fletcher being dumb. All the top college players do it if they're on their second season in college, like Boldy in Minnesota and Caufield in Montreal.

Last edited:
Reactions: GapToothedWonder

tnfrs

Jul 19, 2023
So you took what I said and then tried to frame my words in the least favorable light possible. Do you really not see how that makes you look disingenuous?

Got it, make a a claim, be unable to back it up with anything other then "trust me bro", then tell the person who called you out to find the evidence for you. Sure feels like a lot of deflecting going on.

Anyways. Onto Igors list with you. Good luck having fruitful conversation with people here with the way you have acted since you've shown up.
lol that sounds like the mating call of someone who argues on the internet too much

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad