Post-Game Talk: Pettersson def. Kraken - 6-5 (SO) (Pettersson x2, Pederson, Boeser, Kuzmenko) (Petey SO Winner)

Nucker101

Foundational Poster
Apr 2, 2013

Pettersson - Pederson

C-658VsXoAo3ovC.jpg

Deeds26

Nov 11, 2006
Nothing says "lame duck coach" like scratching the two new players that management acquired in the year to play guys like Stillman, Dries, Pederson.

Reactions: M2Beezy

credulous

Nov 18, 2021
i don't really have a problem with demoting hoglander, podkolzin and rathbone to the ahl (or calling up fringe players like dries or pederson over potentially more promising players like karlsson and lockwood) because the nhl team is in a toxic situation and it's probably good to keep promising players away from it if you can but scratching a veteran player like bear who is clearly not the problem with this roster is inexplicably bad coaching. the studnicka scratch is fine though. studnicka doesn't look to have much of a future in this league

Nona Di Giuseppe

Jul 14, 2009
Coquitlam
Hoglander Podkolzin Rathbone seem to be having fun playing on a juggernaut(?) Abby team. I’m so happy for them, but I miss them :(

I hate this iteration of our current team. Just not likeable especially with Petey out

I’d rather they play in the AHL until they know the defensive aspect of the game.

I think the Canucks have failed in this aspect since AV was the coach. Trashes development altogether.

Nona Di Giuseppe

Jul 14, 2009
Coquitlam
Nothing says "lame duck coach" like scratching the two new players that management acquired in the year to play guys like Stillman, Dries, Pederson.

Do you know the definition of lame duck?

It’s basically the opposite of that.

Should Boudreau sit and do nothing while players play poor and the team shits the bed?

I’m all for benching players he’s found not gettin’ it. No one exempt.

m9

m9
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2010

To be fair management did recently acquire Stillman & Pederson as well.

I don't think Bear should be scratched over Stillman, but we are talking about a fringy player here so I don't have a problem sitting him down. Probably a bit of a wake-up call for people who think he's played well here - he has not.

Mr. Canucklehead

Kitimat Canuck
Dec 14, 2002
Kitimat, BC
Do you know the definition of lame duck?

It’s basically the opposite of that.

Should Boudreau sit and do nothing while players play poor and the team shits the bed?

I’m all for benching players he’s found not gettin’ it. No one exempt.

Philosophically, I have no issue with that.

Inserting Stillman in the lineup over and over when he’s constantly been a net negative presence is bewildering. And removing Bear of all people from the lineup to make room for him and/or Burroughs (whom I have no issue with and should be playing regularly) is just another baffling decision.

credulous

Nov 18, 2021
everyone knows myers or oel should be sat but the problem with a player's coach like boudreau is that they live and die with the support of the players and he can't afford to sit players if it would piss off the veterans. you kind of saw this with the backlash to the boeser "scratch"

racerjoe

Jun 3, 2012
Vancouver
To be fair management did recently acquire Stillman & Pederson as well.

I don't think Bear should be scratched over Stillman, but we are talking about a fringy player here so I don't have a problem sitting him down. Probably a bit of a wake-up call for people who think he's played well here - he has not.

It is not even a question of if Bear has played well or not. It is has he played better than the people that are in, and that is a resounding yes.

Reactions: rypper

VanJack

Jul 11, 2014
Everybody knows how this works. The guys who should be called out and even benched, are some of the so-called veteran 'leaders' on this team. Take a bow, Miller, Myers and OEL.

But of course the guys who get 'heathy scratched' and paraded around for their play are always the depth guys on the roster. That seems to be the way the 'system' works.

Everybody knows guys like Bear, Studnicka, Stillman or anybody else in the bottom six, aren't the reason the team is coming of two bad 5-1 home losses. But they're the most convenient scapegoats.

canucksfan

Mar 16, 2002
British Columbia
Visit site
Everybody knows how this works. The guys who should be called out and even benched, are some of the so-called veteran 'leaders' on this team. Take a bow, Miller, Myers and OEL.

But of course the guys who get 'heathy scratched' and paraded around for their play are always the depth guys on the roster. That seems to be the way the 'system' works.

Everybody knows guys like Bear, Studnicka, Stillman or anybody else in the bottom six, aren't the reason the team is coming of two bad 5-1 home losses. But they're the most convenient scapegoats.
And that's why it's a toxic culture. Bear's probably kicking himself he got sent here and would much rather be in Carolina.

Mr. Canucklehead

Kitimat Canuck
Dec 14, 2002
Kitimat, BC

OEL’s season has been truly bizarre.

He’s been an absolute disaster on home ice this season. I don’t think I’ve ever seen a split quite so dramatic as this.

Reactions: Ozone and Grantham

racerjoe

Jun 3, 2012
Vancouver
OEL’s season has been truly bizarre.

He’s been an absolute disaster on home ice this season. I don’t think I’ve ever seen a split quite so dramatic as this.

I am sure it can be found but I would want to know the splits with what partners. see if there is more correlation, or if it really is just this weird.

Bojack Horvatman

IAMGROOT
Jun 15, 2016
Remember when @Melvin ’s algorithm had the Kraken near the top of the standings and he was mocked for it (despite it being based on a model, and not a personal opinion)? And once their goaltending improved, here we are - they’re pretty much 2nd in the Pacific when you factor in games played. Pepper ridge farm remembers.

What’s funny is that their goaltending hasn’t even been better than ours. Only 0.45% better but our goaltending faces more high danger chances. The difference though is that Seattle actually limits their scoring chances and shots in front of their goalies. Plus they score more.

I keep hearing that if we had average goaltending than we would be in the playoff race. If Seattle had average goaltending they may be leading the division right now.

Reactions: Frankie Blueberries

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad