Post-Game Talk: Pettersson def. Kraken - 6-5 (SO) (Pettersson x2, Pederson, Boeser, Kuzmenko) (Petey SO Winner)

DL44

Status quo
Sep 26, 2006
14-15-3

5 gm segments:
0-3-2
2-3-0
2-2-1
3-2-0
3-2-0
3-2-0
1-1-0

10 gm segments:
2-6-2
5-4-1
6-4-0
1-1-0

5-5-0 in last 10

-------
7 game series theory...

0-5-2
4-2-1
4-3-0
4-3-0
2-2-0

-------
Wins - Reg Losses

VGK +12, Sea +8, LA +7
Dal +10, Wpg +10, Min +7

Col +7
Edm+4
Cgy +3
Nas +1
StL EVEN
Van -1

• Haha
Reactions: theguardianII

AlainVigneaultsGum

Holidays in two days
Sponsor
Oct 26, 2012
Calgary, AB
Screenshot_20221223-071614_Facebook.jpg

theguardianII

Jan 30, 2020
One man f***ing team. Pettersson is the best and it’s an absolute shame we will waste him.
Great game for Pettersson. So sad the rest have to be moved and likely him as well but he could get back a real haul. Players don't get 5 points all the time thats for sure.
Offence: B+
Defence: D-
Goaltending: D-

Pettersson: A+

= Win
Win, yes. Entertainment value yes. Sustainable doubtful. Playoff style, no.
What did Ethan Bear do that was so bad as to get scratched?
He said the team was having too much fun, so they made sure he doesn't think it is fun anymore.
jt miller made a thoughtful statement for him the other day that the canucks have been playing like it is game 7 for a year and a half and they need to calm down.
Ya, peddle to the metal hockey isn't sustainable and emotionally tiring.

Definitely a one man show last night. Pettersson and a cast of characters.

Still in a hockey sense alarming. Even Petey stated the cause for concern, they needed to out score their problems and even Petey isn't going to do that every night. Sooner or later he will be hit very hard.

Good comeback, exciting play by Petey he made it worth the ticket to see and single handed stopped the boo birds at least for a night.

As a side note or question, did Petey just discover the power of Sudafed? :D Players used to take that stuff and it gives a lift. ;) Those non drowsy decongestants can have quite a punch.

HOCKEY'S LITTLE HELPERS

THE LEGAL DRUG OF CHOICE IN THE NHL IS SUDAFED--NOT FOR COLD RELIEF, BUT FOR THE ON-ICE BOOST IT OFFERS

Last edited:

ChilliBilly

Aug 22, 2007
chilliwacki
Great game for Pettersson. So sad the rest have to be moved and likely him as well but he could get back a real haul. Players don't get 5 points all the time thats for sure.

Win, yes. Entertainment value yes. Sustainable doubtful. Playoff style, no.

He said the team was having too much fun, so they made sure he doesn't think it is fun anymore.

Ya, peddle to the metal hockey isn't sustainable and emotionally tiring.

Definitely a one man show last night. Pettersson and a cast of characters.

Still in a hockey sense alarming. Even Petey stated the cause for concern, they needed to out score their problems and even Petey isn't going to do that every night. Sooner or later he will be hit very hard.

Good comeback, exciting play by Petey he made it worth the ticket to see and single handed stopped the boo birds at least for a night.

As a side note or question, did Petey just discover the power of Sudafed? :D Players used to take that stuff and it gives a lift. ;) Those non drowsy decongestants can have quite a punch.
According to TSN he got 4 pts. Damn TSN sucks. They would never make that mistake about a Leaf player.

theguardianII

Jan 30, 2020
According to TSN he got 4 pts. Damn TSN sucks. They would never make that mistake about a Leaf player.
No they would be using 50% of all assets talking, apologizing, analyzing, replaying the game for a month or longer maybe even the entire season and the next.

But that is what happens when you live on the wrong coast and are so far away from the center of the universe.

Oh by the way, I read somewhere a Buddist monk said the center of the universe in BC's mid north .

JT Milker

Mar 24, 2018
14-15-3

5 gm segments:
0-3-2
2-3-0
2-2-1
3-2-0
3-2-0
3-2-0
1-1-0

10 gm segments:
2-6-2
5-4-1
6-4-0
1-1-0

5-5-0 in last 10

-------
7 game series theory...

0-5-2
4-2-1
4-3-0
4-3-0
2-2-0

-------
Wins - Reg Losses

VGK +12, Sea +8, LA +7
Dal +10, Wpg +10, Min +7

Col +7
Edm+4
Cgy +3
Nas +1
StL EVEN
Van -1
Why isn’t this regulation wins less regulation losses? This along with looking at like 5 different meaningless splits makes this post feel a bit… targeted lol.

TruGr1t

Proper Villain
Jun 26, 2003
Hughes looks like he's already played in the league for 10 years and his best days are behind him. If he's not nursing something relatively material in terms of an injury, you have to have serious reservations about his ability to handle top-pairing minutes physically.

racerjoe

Jun 3, 2012
Vancouver
I literally haven’t read TSN for squat since they lost all the NHL broadcast rights. f*** the Toronto Sports Network.

Granted, CBC / Rogers is hardly better. But at least we get John, John and Murph.

I use the TSN app cause it is better... I don't read any of the articles for it or sportsnet, You are correct about John and Murph, and I will raise you KB... when he is on.

theguardianII

Jan 30, 2020
14-15-3

5 gm segments:
0-3-2
2-3-0
2-2-1
3-2-0
3-2-0
3-2-0
1-1-0

10 gm segments:
2-6-2
5-4-1
6-4-0
1-1-0

5-5-0 in last 10

-------
7 game series theory...

0-5-2
4-2-1
4-3-0
4-3-0
2-2-0

-------
Wins - Reg Losses

VGK +12, Sea +8, LA +7
Dal +10, Wpg +10, Min +7

Col +7
Edm+4
Cgy +3
Nas +1
StL EVEN
Van -1
You can't count OT wins in these, they are not used for tie breaking.
Canucks have what 8 regulation wins out of 32 games? Tied for 4th worst in the league?
Currently .391 counting OT wins and losses as ties
regulation time games 8 wins 15 losses 9 ties.

Reactions: me2

RutherPlan

Jan 2, 2022
Pettersson is your 1st overall/franchise player. You can say the same thing about Hughes as well.

Canucks just need to get the right defensive corps implemented with the right coach and this team will take off to another level.

Breakers

Make Mirrored Visors Legal Again
Aug 5, 2014
Denver Colorado
Hughes looks like he's already played in the league for 10 years and his best days are behind him. If he's not nursing something relatively material in terms of an injury, you have to have serious reservations about his ability to handle top-pairing minutes physically.
His minutes are WAYYYYY too high
I know there was OT but 30 minutes last night

he should be at 23-24 minutes

wonton15

Höglander
Dec 13, 2009
Can't blame him too much. He's being played 25-30 minutes a night with NO other defensive support. If he had a competent, consistent partner with a solid core behind him and reduced minutes, he would be so much better.

DL44

Status quo
Sep 26, 2006
Why isn’t this regulation wins less regulation losses? This along with looking at like 5 different meaningless splits makes this post feel a bit… targeted lol.
Because I'm just following the current points system.

Your Points = Gms played + (Wins - Regulation losses)
End of the season, all gms played are equal at 82. So plus/minus simplies looking at the standings and understanding where everyone is at. i.e. Canucks need 5 more wins over regulation losses than Edm over the remaining schedule in order to pass em.

OTL's are essentially throways... basically lost opportunities to gain a + (win)... or your team saved getting a - (regulation loss).

Terms of the splits... always helpful to see how the team is trending in a bigger picture than riding a game by game sky is falling with every loss rollercoaster..

DL44

Status quo
Sep 26, 2006
You can't count OT wins in these, they are not used for tie breaking.
Canucks have what 8 regulation wins out of 32 games? Tied for 4th worst in the league?
Currently .391 counting OT wins and losses as ties
regulation time games 8 wins 15 losses 9 ties.

Just following the current points system.
Your Points = Gms played + (Wins - Regulation losses)

But yeah... going more specific than that like you suggest can tell delve deeper to tell other stories... I was just keeping it as simple as it gets... avoiding cherrypicking anything or bias.

mriswith

Oct 12, 2011
I've been wondering if he's been nursing something since the start of the season but it's hard to tell.

VanJack

Jul 11, 2014
So far the Canucks-Kraken 'rivalry' just hasn't materialized. To me, they're just another Pacific Division team wearing teal-colored uniforms.

Maybe some day if the stars align, and Seattle-Vancouver meet in a bitterly contested Stanley Cup playoff series, then maybe a rivalry develops like it did with the Minnesota Wild during the West Coast Express days.

But the chances of that ever happening seem pretty remote right now. So tonight's opponent, the Oilers and the Flames, remain the Canucks biggest rivals in the Pacific.

But it's been so long since the Canucks have been in a playoff series against anyone, even that's started to fade.

Reactions: Nucker101

Nucker101

Foundational Poster
Apr 2, 2013
So far the Canucks-Kraken 'rivalry' just hasn't materialized. To me, they're just another Pacific Division team wearing teal-colored uniforms.

Maybe some day if the stars align, and Seattle-Vancouver meet in a bitterly contested Stanley Cup playoff series, then maybe a rivalry develops like it did with the Minnesota Wild during the West Coast Express days.

But the chances of that ever happening seem pretty remote right now. So tonight's opponent, the Oilers and the Flames, remain the Canucks biggest rivals in the Pacific.

But it's been so long since the Canucks have been in a playoff series against anyone, even that's started to fade.
Yup, rivalries are built in the playoffs. This team has no rival.

Melvin

21/12/05
Sep 29, 2017
Montreal, QC
Remember when @Melvin ’s algorithm had the Kraken near the top of the standings and he was mocked for it (despite it being based on a model, and not a personal opinion)? And once their goaltending improved, here we are - they’re pretty much 2nd in the Pacific when you factor in games played. Pepper ridge farm remembers.

Very funny how the universe has played this weird prank on me. A bunch of things my model had for last year that were “surprising” - Vegas/Seattle being top 2 in the pacific, New Jersey doing much better than people were expecting - fell flat on its face last year and then somehow look amazing this year.

Ummmmm actually I somehow ran the projections for this season by accident. Yeah, that’s what happened.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $1,752.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Metz vs Lille
    Metz vs Lille
    Wagers: 2
    Staked: $220.00