Post-Game Talk: Pettersson def. Kraken - 6-5 (SO) (Pettersson x2, Pederson, Boeser, Kuzmenko) (Petey SO Winner)

Vector

Feb 2, 2007
Junktown
WHEN: December 22nd, 7:00PM PST
WHERE: Rogers Arena, Vancouver, BC
TV: Sportsnet Pacific
RADIO: Sportsnet 650

Canucks Line-Up:

Garland-Horvat-Mikheyev
Joshua-Miller-Boeser
Kuzmenko-Pettersson-Pederson
Lazar-Aman-Dries

Hughes-Schenn
OEL-Myers
Stillman-Burroughs

Martin

Kraken Line-Up:

McCann-Beniers-Eberle
Schwartz-Wennberg-Bjorkstrand
Donato-Gourde-Burakovsky
Tanev-Geekie-Sprong

Dunn-Larsson
Oleksiak-Schultz
Soucy-Borgen

Jones

Last edited:

Lindgren

Jun 30, 2005

I haven't been following that closely, so perhaps the answer is obvious, but what's up with Bear as the 7th guy on D? I thought reports were that he was the team's second-best defenceman?

Vector

Feb 2, 2007
Junktown
I haven't been following that closely, so perhaps the answer is obvious, but what's up with Bear as the 7th guy on D? I thought reports were that he was the team's second-best defenceman?

It's damning with faint praise. He has one really good skill that noone on the team is good at, puck retrievals. He receives dump-ins and gets them out of the zone better than anyone else. His actual in-zone coverage waivers from "not great, Bob" to "that was ugly".

There's also the fact that Boudreau really likes to play around with lines on two-day breaks and usually just goes back to the standard stuff in the next game. So this will probably get updated tomorrow right before the game.

m9

m9
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2010
So basically the 4th line is now the 3rd line and the AHL 1st line is now the 4th line? (I get Studnicka never played in Abbotsford, but close enough)

The disconnect between this team's management and coaching is strange. Lots of rumors that they are looking to extend Bear.. but Boudreau has him practicing as the 7th defenseman?

Vector

Feb 2, 2007
Junktown

So Martin will play tomorrow. They will either call Delia back up to take Friday's game or we'll get Silovs NHL debut.

tantalum

Hope for the best. Expect the worst
Sponsor
Apr 2, 2002
Missouri
The flu/RSV stuff this year is brutal. Long recovery times. Both my kids had it and 10+ days later are still fatigued and hacking etc.

I got it last week and I lost my voice Friday. Still don't have it back. It also flared the pericarditis I've been dealing with since mid-October (thanks to Covid for that one. Very mild Covid case then 3 days after the fever broke and I felt great BAM immense chest pressure).

edit: the last two weeks of my sons Bball season was essentially a no go as one team or another would have the entire team out with the flu. One day two weeks ago 70% of my daughters Grade 10 class was out.

Reactions: Vector

Canuckle1970

Mar 24, 2010
It can be a very brutal flu. I was out three weeks because it kept causing other problems (Flu -> Sinus Infection -> Laryngitis).
Yup, I had it awhile back. Knocked me out for a week.

Worried about the weight that Petey can't afford to lose.

credulous

Nov 18, 2021
It's damning with faint praise. He has one really good skill that noone on the team is good at, puck retrievals. He receives dump-ins and gets them out of the zone better than anyone else. His actual in-zone coverage waivers from "not great, Bob" to "that was ugly".

bear is a really good example of a player who has one really great skill and a bunch of not so great ones. can he be an effective part of a winning team? yeah sure, if you can shelter him and support him properly. can he be an all situations every day defender? not so much

BoHorvat 53

What's a god to a Kane
Dec 9, 2014
If Pettersson is not playing, especially with how good this Kraken team is playing, we’re lined up for another 5-1 loss for sure.

rypper

21-12-05 it's finally over.
Dec 22, 2006
Jared McCann will feast on us, and when he scores his 3rd goal he'll whisper in Spencer Martin's ear... "that one's for Beth."

VanJack

Jul 11, 2014
Just checked the standings......the second-year Seattle Kraken have chance to go 12 points up on the Canucks in the Pacific.......what an embarrassment.

But I guess when you hire competent management to begin with--you have a chance at success. On the other hand if you're Canucks, with a lackluster owner and a chaotic front office, you get what you deserve.

Diogenes92

Dec 13, 2014
North Vancouver
From what I recall, the Canucks mustered a mighty 3 shots in the 3rd period against the Kraken last game and were STILL able to score TWICE (empty netter) and win the game.

Not sure they can get away with that again.

Reactions: theguardianII

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->