Post-Game Talk: Pettersson def. Kraken - 6-5 (SO) (Pettersson x2, Pederson, Boeser, Kuzmenko) (Petey SO Winner)

theguardianII

Jan 30, 2020
Basically,...Its unwatchable hockey right now.
Do like I do, record it on PVR.
Then you can do double speed and it looks normal. :laugh::laugh:

Well you can do 30 sec jumps and it lets you roll back to watch individual players and where they are, that is one reason I harp on Hughes not being very good because he is so often caught up the ice or just in the wrong position or out muscled his own zone causing his partner to often take a penalty trying to do too much.

I will agree the games are horrible, even when they appear to be dong well the other team is often just laying back. St Louis played really badly last game.

First game against Seattle they were dominated and plain lucky they won, if the game is similar the game will be much, much worse than a 5 - 1 loss, at least it has the potential. And right after they get the team chasing Seattle.

They could go through December with only 5 wins, none in regulation time.

Seattle is in a fight for the top spot in the division, motivated.
Vancouver is missing a good player so that cripples them.

Van cannot win if two players are hurt or missing and there are two now. Even if all healthy they need OT for a chance so they play to try to get to OT

Last edited:

sting101

Feb 8, 2012
bear is a really good example of a player who has one really great skill and a bunch of not so great ones. can he be an effective part of a winning team? yeah sure, if you can shelter him and support him properly. can he be an all situations every day defender? not so much
Forsling was on waivers

Players can improve

Sedinery

May 24, 2021
Joke 50 year plus loser franchise vs a second year year professionally run better franchise

Will be so happy when Hogs, Podz and Rathbone walk away from this crapshow team

Last edited:

dez

Mar 3, 2012
Not even halfway through the season and the bottom 6 and bottom pairings looks AHL level.

sting101

Feb 8, 2012
I think that was more as a result of just how deep the Canes blueline were at the time.
He was a 24yr old on a league minimum contract playing in the minors. He's become a top pairing guy at 26/27

The point is saying someone can't advance their game and he is what he is is ignorant of all the players who have come before that did advance their games after 24/25

Its actually fairly common

Hit the post

I have your gold medal Zippy!
Oct 1, 2015
Hiding under WTG's bed...
He was a 24yr old on a league minimum contract playing in the minors. He's become a top pairing guy at 26/27

The point is saying someone can't advance their game and he is what he is is ignorant of all the players who have come before that did advance their games after 24/25

While this is true, it seems an important common denominator (where he played the opening day roster for the Black Hawks in his first season in North America) was the head coach (same guy Chicago & Florida). Much like how EP seemed to have regained his mojo since being away from Travis Green.

Pastor Of Muppetz

Oct 1, 2017
While this is true, it seems an important common denominator (where he played the opening day roster for the Black Hawks in his first season in North America) was the head coach (same guy Chicago & Florida). Much like how EP seemed to have regained his mojo since being away from Travis Green.
It wasnt Greens fault EP wasn't properly prepared for the 2021-22 season ( this according to EP himself), or he injured his wrist...He was fairly anonymous under Boudreau as well until 3/4 of the way through the season.

Through my observation, the top players always play well..regardless of who the coach is.

Reactions: MarkusNaslund19

wonton15

Höglander
Dec 13, 2009
Hoglander Podkolzin Rathbone seem to be having fun playing on a juggernaut(?) Abby team. I’m so happy for them, but I miss them :(

I hate this iteration of our current team. Just not likeable especially with Petey out

Reactions: Kevinsane

Petey But Really Jim

I lejdjejejejejjejejjdjdjjdjdjdndndnnddndhdjdjdndd
Sponsor
May 3, 2021
Hoglander Podkolzin Rathbone seem to be having fun playing on a juggernaut(?) Abby team. I’m so happy for them, but I miss them :(

I hate this iteration of our current team. Just not likeable especially with Petey out
You said it, pardner. I absolutely despise our current team. Petey is our great hope and he seems like a moody prick.

credulous

Nov 18, 2021

i never said bear can't improve. i'm just talking about his play this season

(i also disagree that it's common for players to improve much post age 23ish. situations and opportunity improve but talent and ability usually are fairly evident early in a players career)

hangman005

Mark Stones Spleen
Apr 19, 2015
Cloud 9
I come in peace.

i-want-to-play-a-game-play-time.gif

Starting this Friday. NHL Survivor

Winner will receive a special HFBoards Trophy, $5,000 in Sportbook Cash, something from the Evolve Media Prize Vault and most importantly of all... bragging rights.

For information on the game, go here.

To sign up go here.

397863.jpg

PavelBure10

The Russian Rocket
Aug 25, 2009
Okanagan
Not a lot of positivity in this thread, and why should there be? The product sucks and without our franchise player Pettersson, there really isn't much of a franchise. Been pretty boring hockey, but looking forward the chants.

Golf Canucks Golf...

Reactions: theguardianII

Frankie Blueberries

Allergic to draft picks
Jan 27, 2016
Remember when @Melvin ’s algorithm had the Kraken near the top of the standings and he was mocked for it (despite it being based on a model, and not a personal opinion)? And once their goaltending improved, here we are - they’re pretty much 2nd in the Pacific when you factor in games played. Pepper ridge farm remembers.

Mr. Canucklehead

Kitimat Canuck
Dec 14, 2002
Kitimat, BC
Not a lot of positivity in this thread, and why should there be? The product sucks and without our franchise player Pettersson, there really isn't much of a franchise. Been pretty boring hockey, but looking forward the chants.

Golf Canucks Golf...

Coming off back to back utterly lifeless performances where they got blown out 5-1 each time has that effect.

I get Pettersson is out, but it would be nice for somebody / somebody’s to step up to give us something to cheer about.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Sydney Swans @ Hawthorn Hawks
    Sydney Swans @ Hawthorn Hawks
    Wagers: 6
    Staked: $6,201.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $1,447.00