Proposal: Petry for PO Jospeh + 2nd

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

amnesiac

Space Oddity
Jul 10, 2010
Montreal
No idea what that says

10 secs to Google translate...

Feb 4, 2022 at 11:39 a.m. O. NADEAU
We told you about it recently, the Jeff Petry file continues to make people talk, and it goes well beyond Montreal.
Yesterday, it was popular Pittsburgh reporter Dan Kingerski's turn to reveal some new information. According to his sources, Kent Hughes asked, in exchange for Petry:
A second-round pick and a good prospect.
Taking that into consideration, he believes the fit between the Pittsburgh Penguins and the veteran defenseman could be perfect. He would really like the band at Sidney Crosby to make this acquisition.
As reported by Christian Matte of Marqueur.com, Kingerski, who covers Penguins activities closely for Pittsburgh Hockey Now, goes even further.
He outright launches a trade offer. Considering Kent Hughes' asking price for Petry, he suggests the Penguins offer this:
Defender Pierre-Olivier Joseph + a 2nd round pick.
In 30 games this season in the American Hockey League at Wilkes-Barre/Scranton, the 22-year-old defenseman has scored 19 points. He has played 20 games in the NHL since the start of his career. Joseph was drafted 23rd overall in 2017.
Do you accept this offer?

Reactions: Nick Slafkofield

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
Kingerski is a "popular Pittsburgh reporter"?

I mean, I don't think the value is inherently bad, but with what cap space are the Penguins going to do this? This would only work with salary retention by Montreal.

Reactions: Grabner

BatVader

"nothing is true; everything is permitted"
May 16, 2015
Imperial Gotham
10 secs to Google translate...

Feb 4, 2022 at 11:39 a.m. O. NADEAU
We told you about it recently, the Jeff Petry file continues to make people talk, and it goes well beyond Montreal.
Yesterday, it was popular Pittsburgh reporter Dan Kingerski's turn to reveal some new information. According to his sources, Kent Hughes asked, in exchange for Petry:
A second-round pick and a good prospect.
Taking that into consideration, he believes the fit between the Pittsburgh Penguins and the veteran defenseman could be perfect. He would really like the band at Sidney Crosby to make this acquisition.
As reported by Christian Matte of Marqueur.com, Kingerski, who covers Penguins activities closely for Pittsburgh Hockey Now, goes even further.
He outright launches a trade offer. Considering Kent Hughes' asking price for Petry, he suggests the Penguins offer this:
Defender Pierre-Olivier Joseph + a 2nd round pick.
In 30 games this season in the American Hockey League at Wilkes-Barre/Scranton, the 22-year-old defenseman has scored 19 points. He has played 20 games in the NHL since the start of his career. Joseph was drafted 23rd overall in 2017.
Do you accept this offer?
Then why not include it in the OP?

Gfroer

Jan 6, 2019
Should be an easy no from Pittsburgh. Would likely prevent them from re-signing Letang this off-season and thats reason enough to not want Petry without factoring in his play this season and contact.

Reactions: vokiel

Captain97

Jan 31, 2017
Toronto, Ontario
Doesn't make sense imo. Habs need RHD prospects and POJ is a lefty. Plus he is almost nhl ready meaning the penguins can use him in their lineup soon cheap which they need.

Hins77

Apr 2, 2013
No by habs fan. Petry value is maybe at his lowest right now. The moment the team become more competitive, like next one or in 2 year, his trade value will grow and his contract will ending. I don’t wan to trAde with any retention, I prefer to keep him instead or if a first pick is include. He did 42 pts in 55 games 10 month ago and now he suck? Lol. Yeah right. Lets keep him then

amnesiac

Space Oddity
Jul 10, 2010
Montreal
No by habs fan. Petry value is maybe at his lowest right now. The moment the team become more competitive, like next one or in 2 year, his trade value will grow and his contract will ending. I don’t wan to trAde with any retention, I prefer to keep him instead or if a first pick is include
youre very optimistic

Reactions: Moose and Squirrel

beowulf

Not a nice guy.
Jan 29, 2005
Ottawa
I don't see how the Pens fit Petry unless the Habs eat some cap and that would have to be for 3 years. meanwhile Letang needs a new contract.

BatVader

"nothing is true; everything is permitted"
May 16, 2015
Imperial Gotham
we will see. But I won’t selling low any guy of this team because he is not playing at his 100% capacity. I rather keep him
Then you’re gonna want to stay away from hockey related news for a few months… Habs are in sell mode and Petry’s name is near the top of the list

Hins77

Apr 2, 2013
Every GM around the league know situation of Petry. His family left in USA. He is playing like a non interested player. He is still a valuable player on a playoff team and i expect many GM around thinking the same

Hins77

Apr 2, 2013
Then you’re gonna want to stay away from hockey related news for a few months… Habs are in sell mode and Petry’s name is near the top of the list
Like kent hugues said, petry is still a habs player and will keep him until he has a great offer on the table. We won’t selling low. There is 3 years on his contract

McJedi

Apr 21, 2020
Florida
There would need to be a cap attachment. I think Pettersson or Matheson for Petry with a small add from Pittsburgh makes sense.

Pettersson + Legare + 4th for Petry?
Habs fans will hate this offer of yours but you’re probably not far off on value and a realistic trade. 4th rounders don’t move the needle but a second? That may.

Petry was a good player a year ago. He’s a bad one today. Is he washed at 34? No longer hungry with his locked in new deal? Is he just playing bad? It’s a risk vs reward to find out.

Hins77

Apr 2, 2013
There would need to be a cap attachment. I think Pettersson or Matheson for Petry with a small add from Pittsburgh makes sense.

Pettersson + Legare + 4th for Petry?
Nah. I don’t consider Légaré as a legit top prospect right now. Being only a ppg at 20 years in the Q isnt really impressive. Ahl : 12 pts in 34 games at 21 years old. Meh. His progression curve isn going upward last 2 years
Like I said earlier, at this point I rather to keep a dman who put 42 pts last year.

Gurglesons

Dec 18, 2009
Joshua Tree, CA
last-train-tocool.blogspot.com
Nah. I don’t consider Légaré as a legit top prospect right now. Being only a ppg at 20 years in the Q isnt really impressive. Ahl : 12 pts in 34 games at 21 years old. Meh. His progression curve isn going upward last 2 years
Like I said earlier, at this point I rather to keep a dman who put 42 pts last year.

I just don’t see the reason Montreal would keep him especially if he is hinting he wants out.

Expecting a top prospect for him seems like a lot given that contract.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad