Proposal: Petry + for Chychrun

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Wayfarer13

Jun 21, 2020
You said take a guy off and back onto LTIR as it suits you as your situation dictates. That’s cap circumvention. Say good bye to your first round picks.

LTIR is for injured players. Not for moving guys onto and off it to work around the cap.
Can one have on the actual cap level roster a player who has been on and could qualify for being on LTIR yet never dress? With temporary arena deal Arizona is talking about I wonder if the NHL would look the other way on this.

McJedi

Apr 21, 2020
Florida
Can one have on the actual cap level roster a player who has been on and could qualify for being on LTIR yet never dress? With temporary arena deal Arizona is talking about I wonder if the NHL would look the other way on this.
Arizona just lost two very high picks for scouting violations. Now you think they’ll get away with far more serious salary cap circumvention? Doubtful. This isn’t a favored son team like the NYR or NJD.

Wayfarer13

Jun 21, 2020
You said take a guy off and back onto LTIR as it suits you as your situation dictates. That’s cap circumvention. Say good bye to your first round picks.

LTIR is for injured players. Not for moving guys onto and off it to work around the cap.
Weber is on LTIR and players can and have come off of LITR. I am sure if it "can" be done MTL will make the offer. The legal people will be consulted first. But if this can be done and the actual cash outlaying is the prefered avenue to Arizona all things considered then why not? The league in insuring Arizona stays float, Arizona staying afloat and Montreal being happy. Lots of winners there. To the the league the survival of the franchise is what counts. To me to be honest I would prefer a move of the franchise to the KW region more than else.

Wayfarer13

Jun 21, 2020
Trash proposal. Seriously, why would Arizona want Petry.
It's the free $26 million in cap space that is the desired part of the offer for Arizona. The return on Petry is the bonus. In this situation if the NHL allows it will not be a hockey trade but a financial transfer from the league to help the franchise survive. To me I prefer the franchise transfer to the KW region where it will make a profit.

ottawa

Nov 7, 2012
Orléans/Toronto
Hey @ottawa.

If the Habs can flip Petry at 15% retained for a 1st imo they should probably do it. 1st round draft picks are never a bad thing especially if your roster has holes and you're not expecting to be in cup contention for at least a few years.

You're welcome!

I agree, this is why I said it's a bad trade for both teams

samsagat

Jun 20, 2013
Yeah, MTL don't need LHD, we have a plethora of them in the pipeline plus we're not after immediate help.

Better keep up the high lottery ticket for next year as it fits more the team's situation.

DatDude44

Hmmmm?
Feb 23, 2012
Blues counter, u keep crouse.

We offer 2023 1st(he’ll spread your draft wealth over two fantastic looking classes), Zach bolduc(17th ov last draft), Joel Hofer (viewed as a blue chip goaltending prospect &6’5), Klim Kostin(slowly but surely coming along, could use more playing time & confidence but think another crouse with a higher end skill set) with Scandella for cap for Chycrun

Number1RedWingsFan52

Mar 17, 2013
Winter Haven Florida
LOL name me one reason why Jeff Petry would waive for Arizona? Arizona is a dumpster fire and are in process of a long term rebuild here. Jeff Petry will want to go to a contender with a chance to win a cup. And all these delusional Hab fans thinking that Dallas is the team for Petry need to think again. The team for Petry that makes the most sense is Pittsburgh still in the cup window plus should Letang decide to go elsewhere you've your replacement in Petry and Pittsburgh is still close to Detroit where Petry's family lives.

McJedi

Apr 21, 2020
Florida
Weber is on LTIR and players can and have come off of LITR. I am sure if it "can" be done MTL will make the offer. The legal people will be consulted first. But if this can be done and the actual cash outlaying is the prefered avenue to Arizona all things considered then why not? The league in insuring Arizona stays float, Arizona staying afloat and Montreal being happy. Lots of winners there. To the the league the survival of the franchise is what counts. To me to be honest I would prefer a move of the franchise to the KW region more than else.
You can come off LTIR. Guys eventually get health. You just can’t bounce back and forth from roster to LTIR and back. LTIR is for injured players. Seriously injured players.

Wayfarer13

Jun 21, 2020
You can come off LTIR. Guys eventually get health. You just can’t bounce back and forth from roster to LTIR and back. LTIR is for injured players. Seriously injured players.
For something like this it would be a year by year budget kind of a thing. The internal cap for Arizona for the next few years as long as they in the smaller arena maybe as small as they can get away with. If the league will allow it if they can save $26 million in cash for the cost of $6 million they may look at it but I have said you would think this time the legal people would look at it first.

Last edited:

TOGuy14

Dec 30, 2010
Toronto
weve been discussing this as a base on Habs twitter and I think we can come to something that would make sense for both teams with this as the base of the deal,,

:habs

Chychrun
Crouse

:coyotes

Petry (retained at 15%)
2023 1st round pick
Ylonen
Norlinder
Tuch

the Habs get Chychrun who is a solid D having a bad year and can prob rebound playing with the youngsters that will be coming up with MTL. They also get Crouse who is sort of a failed 1st rounder but has size

the Yotes get Petry who has been a stud other than this year and he wants to play in the USA. He has shown that other than this year age will not slow him down and Habs will retain some cap. The Yotes also get another 1st round pick and some really nice prospects in Ylonen and norlinder and tuch. Tuch they can prob flip to Buffalo for a late 1st as they will likely pay more for the Buffalo boy so that's basically like adding a late 1st/early 2nd to the trade

This is terrible for the Coyotes.

They are giving up their best two young players for an old broken down Petry, some B prospects and a pick that is two years away?

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
You should have offered Ryder, Halak, and a 2nd!

Kerfoot, Mrazek, Ritchie?

giphy.gif

Reactions: cobra427

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
Habs fan... I agree that this idea does not work for the Coyotes. I don't see the point on why they would consider this. Other teams out there that could use Petry but the Coyotes are not one of them.

AcerComputer

Aug 4, 2014
ARZ trades young 23 year old stud Dman for 34 year old aging dman with a worse contract, in hopes to shake up the team and squeak into 15th place! :laugh: Habs need to at least include their 2022 pick :help:

McJedi

Apr 21, 2020
Florida
For something like this it would be a year by year budget kind of a thing. The internal cap for Arizona for the next few years as long as they in the smaller arena maybe as small as they can get away with. If the league will allow it if they can save $26 million in cash for the cost of $6 million they may look at it but I have said you would think this time the legal people would look at it first.
You idea isn’t crazy. It’s interesting. Seabrook comes to mind. Kinda.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad