Proposal: Petry + for Chychrun

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

MXD

Partying Hard
Oct 27, 2005
About half the league beats this offer. Arizona declines.

Arizona absolutely laughs Kent Hughes off the phone and then goes around and tells the rest of the league about it.

You think this is the best the Coyotes could do?? A 34 year old defenceman having a terrible season on a long-term contract? Why would they even want that? And no other high-end prospects?

Insultingly bad for ARI. Petry is the exact opposite of what they are looking for. And I say this as a non Crouse fan.

I think you either all missed the 2023 1st rounder or have unrealistic expectations for the Habs in 2022-23.

FerrisRox

"Wanna go, Prettyboy?"
Sep 17, 2003
Toronto, Ontario
This is really bad for Arizona. Why would they want Petry included in a package for Chychrun?

Why would Petry want to go to Arizona?

This is fantasy land.

Reactions: bsu

howkie

Dec 13, 2014
Would do a reverse if someone asked for Suzuki and I dunno.. somethmg more from Habs?

sens13

Mar 16, 2017
I think you either all missed the 2023 1st rounder or have unrealistic expectations for the Habs in 2022-23.

you must have missed all the meh prospects. None of those prospects are worth anything close to a 1st except to homer habs fans.

So offering just a top 10 pick and some b/c prospects that every team has (I know habs fans think there prospects are all a prospects but no one in the league is valuing them like that because there not homers) for both chychrun and crouse is quite ridiculous. chychrun will easily get 3 1st's equivalent and crosue will easily get 1st+.

Can you explain where you see that in this trade?? Seems like you have quite unrealistic expectations for your prospects. this deal will easily get beaten.

Last edited:

WetcoastOrca

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 3, 2011
Vancouver, BC
So Arizona in the midst of a rebuild trades a young top D for an old guy. Why?
The point of a rebuild is to get young players and picks to compete in a few years.

sens13

Mar 16, 2017
typical habs homer proposal. ridiculous thing is if you head to their board the majority of them think it's fair or too much :laugh:

cwede

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 1, 2010
Habs-centric underpay, and under-appreciation of Crouse

to get Chych it should hurt to pay that price,
this package from Habs reads like a list of "possibly decent guys/assets we won't miss too much"

I really don't think that package would stand up against what AZ eventually gets for Chych,

and that's without then taking into account either also getting Crouse OR dumping Petry's 3 future years

UED

May 2, 2021
what? we're not trading our 1st for the single guy having the literal worst season in the entire NHL. It's not because that season hasn't started yet that it has the same value as the average 1st, we still don't have any 1st liners, 1st pairers, 1G and only a couple 2nd liners(well, one of them is paid like one at least) and no top 4 dman. We might not finish dead last with teams like Arizona and Seattle fighting us for it but we are certainly the early favorites. Weber, Price, prime Gallagher and Danault are not coming back to bring us back to the bubble. Our only hope is our 2022 draft pick being really good right out of the gate, that would be a major disaster and the worst case scenario but still might not be enough to carry us out of the basement

habsfan44

Jul 26, 2006
weve been discussing this as a base on Habs twitter and I think we can come to something that would make sense for both teams with this as the base of the deal,,

:habs

Chychrun
Crouse

:coyotes

Petry (retained at 15%)
2023 1st round pick
Ylonen
Norlinder
Tuch

the Habs get Chychrun who is a solid D having a bad year and can prob rebound playing with the youngsters that will be coming up with MTL. They also get Crouse who is sort of a failed 1st rounder but has size

the Yotes get Petry who has been a stud other than this year and he wants to play in the USA. He has shown that other than this year age will not slow him down and Habs will retain some cap. The Yotes also get another 1st round pick and some really nice prospects in Ylonen and norlinder and tuch. Tuch they can prob flip to Buffalo for a late 1st as they will likely pay more for the Buffalo boy so that's basically like adding a late 1st/early 2nd to the trade
IMO the Coyotes can do better in separate deals , the Habs won't be retaining for multiple years on any contracts and most important , Petry probably has Arizona on his no trade list .

MXD

Partying Hard
Oct 27, 2005
you must have missed all the meh prospects. None of those prospects are worth anything close to a 1st except to homer habs fans.

So offering just a top 10 pick and some b/c prospects that every team has (I know habs fans think there prospects are all a prospects but no one in the league is valuing them like that because there not homers) for both chychrun and crouse is quite ridiculous. chychrun will easily get 3 1st's equivalent and crosue will easily get 1st+.

Can you explain where you see that in this trade?? Seems like you have quite unrealistic expectations for your prospects. this deal will easily get beaten.

You're greatly overrating the 2022-2023 edition of the Montreal Canadiens.

In other words : You can probably read in "Matvei Michkov or Connor Bedard" instead.

Why are you talking about the other players in the trade? I wasn't talking about them. No need to make me say things I didn't write. They aren't really moving the needle at all here, unless Arizona specifically values one fo them for reasons of their own, but this isn't a point I was making.

If you have criticism towards the Habs board, address them to the Habs board.

sens13

Mar 16, 2017
You're greatly overrating the 2022-2023 edition of the Montreal Canadiens.

In other words : You can probably read in "Matvei Michkov or Connor Bedard" instead.

Why are you talking about the other players in the trade? I wasn't talking about them. No need to make me say things I didn't write. They aren't really moving the needle at all here, unless Arizona specifically values one fo them for reasons of their own, but this isn't a point I was making.

If you have criticism towards the Habs board, address them to the Habs board.

so it could be bedard but it also couldn't be and it can be just be a top 10 pick? why would arz take that risk?

You seem to be really missing the point. I get the bedard is a very good player. But there is no garauntee that mtl will finish last and win the lottery.

Arz can easily get a 1st, top prospects, and another 1st for chychrun. They have no reason to take that risk.

Reactions: JackFr

MXD

Partying Hard
Oct 27, 2005
This is really bad for Arizona. Why would they want Petry included in a package for Chychrun?

Why would Petry want to go to Arizona?

This is fantasy land.

AGain... You either missed the 2023 1st rounder or have unrealistic expectations for the Habs in 2023.

MXD

Partying Hard
Oct 27, 2005
so it could be bedard but it also couldn't be and it can be just be a top 10 pick? why would arz take that risk?

You're bringing me back to my original point about having unrealistic expectations about the 2022-23 Habs.

I'm not saying the Habs are lock for first two picks by the way. But Top-10 is making them better than they'll be.

Also, the Habs first rounder for next season probably has bigger value than three first rounders of a legit contender.

common12

Sep 10, 2011
This is bad. Chychrun for an unprotected 2023 1st rounder and Arizona thinks about it. Leave out all the other pieces

jfhabs

May 21, 2015
Everyone saying it's very bad for Arizona, but I wouldn't trade Bedard/Fantelli/Mitchkov 1vs1 for Chychrun and I've liked him since his draft year. It's event worse for the Habs tbh... they aren't giving us any value for Petry and we are retaining. We're giving up a bunch of capable prospect + for a guy who'll hit ufa by the time we compete. Doesn't make any sense for any of the teams.

Beezeral

Mar 1, 2010
This is a doozy of a horrible deal. Why on earth would a rebuilding Arizona want petry?

MXD

Partying Hard
Oct 27, 2005
This is bad. Chychrun for an unprotected 2023 1st rounder and Arizona thinks about it. Leave out all the other pieces

It's totally on par value-wise in theory, considering where the Habs should end up (optimistically, bottom-5).

In practice, it give the Habs brass an incentive to not rebuild (and Chychrun), so make they better than they should be.

sens13

Mar 16, 2017
You're bringing me back to my original point about having unrealistic expectations about the 2022-23 Habs.

I'm not saying the Habs are lock for first two picks by the way. But Top-10 is making them better than they'll be.

Also, the Habs first rounder for next season probably has bigger value than three first rounders of a legit contender.

Hockey is very unpredictable. I know the habs are not a good team. I'm saying you don't know for sure if other teams won't be as worse or worse than them.

If there not a lock for the bottom 2 picks then arz will need a lot more luck since habs would have lower odds of moving up.

Again it comes down to risk. You are sure the habs will suck. I'm saying sure they could suck but at the same time they couldn't suck as much as you expect. Why is arz taking that risk?

Arz would need mtl to both suck and win the lottery. Again bedard is a massive prize but why would they take that unnecessary risk.

Reactions: JackFr

Patagonia

Keep Whining
Jan 6, 2017
Habs trash offer. Petty won’t waive and the 1st in 2023 is the only value in the deal. Getting garbage HABs prospects for both AZ players is ridiculous. AZ can do better trading the players separately.

Lock this up.

McSuper

5-14-6-1
Jun 16, 2012
Halifax
weve been discussing this as a base on Habs twitter and I think we can come to something that would make sense for both teams with this as the base of the deal,,

:habs

Chychrun
Crouse

:coyotes

Petry (retained at 15%)
2023 1st round pick
Ylonen
Norlinder
Tuch

the Habs get Chychrun who is a solid D having a bad year and can prob rebound playing with the youngsters that will be coming up with MTL. They also get Crouse who is sort of a failed 1st rounder but has size

the Yotes get Petry who has been a stud other than this year and he wants to play in the USA. He has shown that other than this year age will not slow him down and Habs will retain some cap. The Yotes also get another 1st round pick and some really nice prospects in Ylonen and norlinder and tuch. Tuch they can prob flip to Buffalo for a late 1st as they will likely pay more for the Buffalo boy so that's basically like adding a late 1st/early 2nd to the trade

Why would a rebuilding team want Petry ? Makes little to no sense . Crouse isn't available with out something good going to the Coyotes . In this thread you have him as a throw in

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad