Proposal: Petry + for Chychrun

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

MXD

Partying Hard
Oct 27, 2005
Again it comes down to risk. You are sure the habs will suck. I'm saying sure they could suck but at the same time they couldn't suck as much as you expect. Why is arz taking that risk?

Arz would need mtl to both suck and win the lottery. Again bedard is a massive prize but why would they take that unnecessary risk.

With all due respect, I'll take my assessement over yours.

Montreal wouldn't trade Bedard or Michkov or Fantelli 1-on-1 for Chychrun-with-2-years-left-on-his-deal. No team would.

MXD

Partying Hard
Oct 27, 2005
Why would a rebuilding team want Petry ? Makes little to no sense . Crouse isn't available with out something good going to the Coyotes . In this thread you have him as a throw in

Because you missed the Habs 2023 first rounder being included.

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
One other thing, and this has nothing to do with MTL. Why, exactly is Chychrun being traded? He is 23 yo on a good contract. He is in no way too old for ARI to keep around for the next window. WTH is ARI doing? Does anyone know? Why trade Chychrun for a prospect or draft pick that just might turn out to be Chychrun, if they are lucky?

TheDoldrums

May 3, 2016
Kanada
I think people are greatly underestimating the value of the Habs unprotected 2023 pick. There's no way any team as bad as Montreal should be trading away their shot at the stars of that draft. I think as the main piece in a Chychrun trade Arizona should definitely consider it. Having potentially two very high picks in this much hyped draft would be a gamble worth taking imo.

Reactions: HabsForHire

MXD

Partying Hard
Oct 27, 2005
One other thing, and this has nothing to do with MTL. Why, exactly is Chychrun being traded? He is 23 yo on a good contract. He is in no way too old for ARI to keep around for the next window. WTH is ARI doing? Does anyone know? Why trade Chychrun for a prospect or draft pick that just might turn out to be Chychrun, if they are lucky?

We're talking about a Bedard, Michkov, Fantelli type of prospect. None of them might turn out to be (only) Chychrun.

common12

Sep 10, 2011
It's totally on par value-wise in theory, considering where the Habs should end up (optimistically, bottom-5).

In practice, it give the Habs brass an incentive to not rebuild (and Chychrun), so make they better than they should be.

Yea no its not. Arizona would not want Petry and his contract which could turn out to be awful. 2nd Montreal could easily turn it around and not be a bottom team. Arizona is not helping them become a better team so their pick gets worse. The icing is including Crouse. If the rumor is true of Arizona getting 3 1st round equivalents in a trade for chychrun they grab that way before this trade.

sens13

Mar 16, 2017
With all due respect, I'll take my assessement over yours.

Montreal wouldn't trade Bedard or Michkov or Fantelli 1-on-1 for Chychrun-with-2-years-left-on-his-deal. No team would.

lol you really are missing the point.

So you are 100% sure the habs pick will be top 3? You can guarantee this that they will both suck and win the lottery?

MXD

Partying Hard
Oct 27, 2005
lol you really are missing the point.

So you are 100% sure the habs pick will be top 3? You can guarantee this that they will both suck and win the lottery?

Bottom-3 teams don't have to win the lottery to pick Bottom-3.

common12

Sep 10, 2011
Short version : No.
Longer version : Hell, No.

Yea because going from the finals to the bottom is completely normal. Lets also ignore all the injuries to their best players. Oh and also any moves they make in the offseason.

You realize you are literally arguing against every single person in this thread right? This proposal is terrible deal with it.

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
We're talking about a Bedard, Michkov, Fantelli type of prospect. None of them might turn out to be (only) Chychrun.
You keep drinking the Koolaid. Assuming that MTL gets a top 2 pick in 2023, and not say, the 8th, or 14th. Then, of course you have to wait. I notice you mention those names, and neglect to mention the Puljujarvi's, Kotkaniemi's, Hayton's, Patrick's, Glass's, Andersson's, Juolevi's, A. Nylanders, (I won't mention Lafreniere, Kakko and Turcotte...still too early)...I could go on and on with highly rated prospects picked at the top of the draft who have ended up being major disappointments.

MXD

Partying Hard
Oct 27, 2005
Thats what you took from that lol. Ok sure dude

When people aren't paying attention, the logical conclusion to make is that they aren't paying attention. I don't know why you're opposing this.

Beezeral

Mar 1, 2010
And that pick only has good enough value for this deal if MTL has a bottom 3 finish. Something possible for sure, but not certain. There’s a reason OP offered the 23 1st and not the 22.

still not enough when you consider the Coyotes would have to eat Petry

Reactions: common12

Bond

May 10, 2012
No one is missing that, it'd have to be the 2022 1st. Too much weird shit can happen in the season. I don't expect the Habs to be a playoff team but could easily see it being a pick in the 8-10 range.

Reactions: banks and Beezeral

Beezeral

Mar 1, 2010
No one is missing that, it'd have to be the 2022 1st. Too much weird shit can happen in the season. I don't expect the Habs to be a playoff team but could easily see it being a pick in the 8-10 range.
A handful of solid moves/ a price bounce back year and that’s a mid 1st at best. Trying to snag chychrun while holding on to the far more valuable first is straight up delusional. It’s never gonna happen.

Reactions: Bond

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
Arizona absolutely laughs Kent Hughes off the phone and then goes around and tells the rest of the league about it.

Ha ha, except for the fact that Hughes would never make such a laughable offer. The days of the muscle bound clown GM in purple pants are thankfully gone.

This is pure fan overreach, as usual.

FerrisRox

"Wanna go, Prettyboy?"
Sep 17, 2003
Toronto, Ontario
AGain... You either missed the 2023 1st rounder or have unrealistic expectations for the Habs in 2023.

I didn't miss anything. I think Arizona could do much better than that and wouldn't have to take on a player like Petry which makes no sense for Arizona.

Petry could be a trade chip of some value to all kinds of teams, but the Coyotes aren't one of them. You would take a valuable piece and turn him into a cap dump by trading him to a teal with no need or want for him.

It's idiotic.

HabsForHire

"Expect the unexpected"
Sep 21, 2011
CT
Arizona absolutely laughs Kent Hughes off the phone and then goes around and tells the rest of the league about it.

You think this is the best the Coyotes could do?? A 34 year old defenceman having a terrible season on a long-term contract? Why would they even want that? And no other high-end prospects?
Hughes wouldn't propose this anyways. It's bad for Arizona but habs are rebuilding and probably the last team that Arizona should be dealing with. Habs aren't moving prospects and high 1st rounders in a rebuild.
Just a horrible trade proposal overall lol

HabsForHire

"Expect the unexpected"
Sep 21, 2011
CT
typical habs homer proposal. ridiculous thing is if you head to their board the majority of them think it's fair or too much :laugh:
Really ? Lmao where are the habs fans calling this a good trade...? This is horrible for both teams, every habs fan I have seen is saying no because we're rebuilding not because we think it's a fair trade :huh:

MXD

Partying Hard
Oct 27, 2005
I didn't miss anything. I think Arizona could do much better than that and wouldn't have to take on a player like Petry which makes no sense for Arizona.

Petry could be a trade chip of some value to all kinds of teams, but the Coyotes aren't one of them. You would take a valuable piece and turn him into a cap dump by trading him to a teal with no need or want for him.

It's idiotic.

Of course, it's idiotic. It's a lose-lose trade.

But it's not a win (for Habs) - lose (for 'Yotes) trade, like many are claiming... Specifically because of the 2023 1st rounder.

Reactions: Heldig

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad