Peterborough Petes 2023-24 Season Thread (Part Two)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

OMG67

Sep 1, 2013
In an interview with Rob Wilson in the Examiner he says if you are a buyer you must go all in and if you are a seller all in as well. I totally agree and there is no doubt (in my mind) that the Petes are sellers.

Stronger and smarter words will never be said. I can’t believe any of the GM’s in this league don’t run with that as the Mission for how to operate their team.

There will be some status quo type teams like Mississauga because they aren’t’ quite ready and they don’t really have anything of value to sell so there are exceptions but generally speaking this needs to be the strategy for sure.

Petes

Jun 23, 2014
Stronger and smarter words will never be said. I can’t believe any of the GM’s in this league don’t run with that as the Mission for how to operate their team.

There will be some status quo type teams like Mississauga because they aren’t’ quite ready and they don’t really have anything of value to sell so there are exceptions but generally speaking this needs to be the strategy for sure.
If I’m Missy I’m trading Leenders to OS for Barlow or to Flint for Bertucci. Get a two year star rental and be ready to go for it next season. Ivankovic is a stud anyways.

Reactions: Section5Petes

dirty12

Mar 6, 2015
If I’m Missy I’m trading Leenders to OS for Barlow or to Flint for Bertucci. Get a two year star rental and be ready to go for it next season. Ivankovic is a stud anyways.
Both teams likely would not do that even if adding 3-2nds to Leenders.
Maybe Leenders and a small pick package to Erie or Niagara for their starting goalie and one of their better OA options for next year.

Last edited:
Reactions: East Avenue Bully

OMG67

Sep 1, 2013

Goalie deals are tough. Leenders is a good goalie and only 17 but Barlow is a stud. You may be right about Ivankovic but that type of deal probably makes more sense next year.

Zebra

Feb 12, 2017
Too much Christmas Turkey-
Don’t we traditionally lose the first game back anyway ?

frontsfan67

Dec 3, 2022
A little perspective.
Quebec - last place in QMHL
Kamloops 2nd last in WHL
Seattle 3rd last in WHL
Petes - better 1st half winning percentage than these three
As Petes said, expected.
Always happens not sure why anyone ever believed they would keep it going the whole year. Not knocking the Pete’s but this happens to every team every year after loading up so much and the fronts have fallen victim to it too many times to count without the championships.

Get rid of szuska he's awful can't believe some people liked him better then Bowen
Where is Bowen now is he hurt?

Zebra

Feb 12, 2017
Always happens not sure why anyone ever believed they would keep it going the whole year. Not knocking the Pete’s but this happens to every team every year after loading up so much and the fronts have fallen victim to it too many times to count without the championships.

Where is Bowen now is he hurt?
Bowen had a surgical procedure on his knee -saying surgical procedure because I don’t know if it was actual surgery -anyway he is out for 6 weeks -maybe it’s 4 more wks at this point

Bra Wavers

Feb 19, 2016
This was part of the Petes’ plan all along.

It’s in there best interest between now and the deadline to ensure that it is a seller’s market so that Oke can get the best possible return.
After last night Kingston is convinced that they should be buying and it will be the same for Missy after playing the Petes.
Of course it will be tougher to convince Flint and Sarnia that they should buy when the Petes travel west next weekend but I think they can do it. :naughty:
Interesting that their last game before the deadline is in Saginaw…..just like when a furniture store let’s you try a chair out to see how it looks in your home, Drinkill will get a good look at Mayer and anyone one else that may be available……of course he’ll have to watch Beck on tv like everyone else

Reactions: Section5Petes

ktownfan

Apr 28, 2022
You are forgetting Carter George is the number 1 in OS

Reactions: frontsfan67

Section7fan

Feb 12, 2018
I think with Beck as the top trade assets this season Petes might ask for an 07 player plus picks. Any GM worth his salt would.
The Petes don’t have an 06 group to build around either. They should absolutely be asking for a top 07. Not really sure why so many people think the standard will suddenly change this year because it’s the Petes selling.

frontsfan67

Dec 3, 2022
I think with Beck as the top trade assets this season Petes might ask for an 07 player plus picks. Any GM worth his salt would.
Guelph is my dark horse for beck. Beauchene and Cameron would be one hell of a pairing for many years to come.

Teams in the running for beck and ludwinski are soo, Guelph, London, Saginaw, Sudbury imo. Beck will go first and teams will scramble to get ludwinski raising his price.

User13452

Jan 7, 2022
Guelph is my dark horse for beck. Beauchene and Cameron would be one hell of a pairing for many years to come.

Teams in the running for beck and ludwinski are soo, Guelph, London, Saginaw, Sudbury imo. Beck will go first and teams will scramble to get ludwinski raising his price.
Kingston shouldn’t sell imo they should get Thornton from Barrie give them more stable goaltending

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad