Peterborough Petes 2023-24 Season Thread (Part Two)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Section5Petes

Nov 14, 2022
CT19🔥
1705076831326.png

1705076922230.png

OHL Observer

May 20, 2023
Mccallum not on mid term list is ridiculous
He’s definitely been given enough opportunities to be on that list. I would say being one of the highest penalty minutes in the league keeps him off that list. What does that list really mean though? Lots of players on that list never make it past OHL anyway!

beastintheeast

Mar 27, 2013
Who was it that paired with Pronger to be the twin towers. All I can remember of him was the dancing he did with Oduya.

EvenSteven

Sep 3, 2009
He was only going to Saginaw. There were better offers out there
Beck has since said he’d only accept a trade to Saginaw or Kitchener. So all Saginaw had to do was beat Kitchener’s offer. Rangers were refusing to move any ‘24 picks so they only had one 2nd and one 3rd to include with their 1st rounder. So all Saginaw had to do was add another 2nd and they got him.

Voice from the North

Sep 17, 2013
Beck has since said he’d only accept a trade to Saginaw or Kitchener. So all Saginaw had to do was beat Kitchener’s offer. Rangers were refusing to move any ‘24 picks so they only had one 2nd and one 3rd to include with their 1st rounder. So all Saginaw had to do was add another 2nd and they got him.
It’s more clear now, Saginaw only had to compete with Kitchener. Didn’t have Kitchener as being overly interested due to price and need. Three teams had better offers but Beck chose his spots as he is entitled to.

NorthernVoice

Oct 5, 2017
It’s more clear now, Saginaw only had to compete with Kitchener. Didn’t have Kitchener as being overly interested due to price and need. Three teams had better offers but Beck chose his spots as he is entitled to.
Reading between the lines in that examiner article it really seems like he wanted to go Kitchener. Once that couldn't be worked out, Saginaw was next most desirable option.

HUSH10

Sep 16, 2019
Brayden Velliaris is a punk and will likely get suspended for that move. What a tool and a coward

Donnie740

May 28, 2021
That was a cringeworthy “fight” - - I’ve seen players slow to drop their gloves in a scrap but Ritchie didn’t even realize he had to drop his stick.

NorthernVoice

Oct 5, 2017
Not hard to see why Callum Ritchie's shine has faded. Remember when he was regarded as a potential top 10 NHL pick? Butter soft and whines to the refs at every instance.

Gens do have a legit one in Sennecke though.

Petes were in an uphill battle from the start tonight with a D core of Cameron, Matejicek, Haley, Ladds, Woulds and Velliaris. It got worse when Velliaris took himself out of the game. Didn't exactly make the most of the opportunity to play again when he's been reassigned to the Muskies for the rest of the year...

The team mostly played hard though and kept it interesting. Officiating wasn't the difference but Oshawa had so much PP time (a lot of it deserved) and that with the super young D was way too much to overcome.

The McCallum PP goal shouldn't have counted (whistle had clearly blown) but also should have counted (the puck was very clearly loose and whistle shouldn't have blown). Moments like that just kill the team in the phase they're at. That goal counts and they're maybe 30% to win the game but without it, it's more like 10%.

Anyway, going to be a lot of games like that the rest of the way.

OHL Observer

May 20, 2023
Justifiably, he gets a 4 game suspension as a result. Play stupid games, win stupid prizes.
I’m not going to argue that he shouldn’t have done it. But I question the fan support. When Smith aka “the big rig” did this everyone applauded. This poor kid comes along trying to fill Smiths shoes and everyone is on here tearing him apart. He definitely didn’t go about it the right way but just think about what’s going on here when we talk. Ritchie is a big boy he doesn’t need keyboard cowboys sticking up for him. Ritchie did make the initial contact and was penalized for it. Hopefully this was a lesson learned and smarter heads prevail next time.

WillardJFredricks

May 7, 2004
I’m not going to argue that he shouldn’t have done it. But I question the fan support. When Smith aka “the big rig” did this everyone applauded. This poor kid comes along trying to fill Smiths shoes and everyone is on here tearing him apart. He definitely didn’t go about it the right way but just think about what’s going on here when we talk. Ritchie is a big boy he doesn’t need keyboard cowboys sticking up for him. Ritchie did make the initial contact and was penalized for it. Hopefully this was a lesson learned and smarter heads prevail next time.
Yes. And it's always important to remember that we're talking about kids here.

Section5Petes

Nov 14, 2022
The Attack Pak Fan club is coming to Thursdays game .

Looking forward to chatting with the great Petes fans , Robertson Cup Champs 🏆!
First time in a while I will be missing a game but hopefully Addy lights it up!!:laugh::laugh: Good to see Smith and McCue and it looks like they are fitting in quite well with the Attack! Should be a good one and I hope the Attack Pak enjoys one of the oldest and most historic arenas in all of North America! Hope you all enjoy the game and safet travels!
Robertson Cup Champs 🏆!
10 time J Ross Robertson Cup Champions!

Last edited:
Reactions: Millpond

Petes1987

Oct 13, 2013
First time in a while I will be missing a game but hopefully Addy lights it up!!:laugh::laugh: Good to see Smith and McCue and it looks like they are fitting in quite well with the Attack! Should be a good one and I hope the Attack Pak enjoys one of the oldest and most historic arenas in all of North America! Hope you all enjoy the game and safet travels!

10 time J Ross Robertson Cup Champions!
The Petes ten OHL Championships are the most of any team in the modern era 1957 to 2023.

Reactions: Millpond

Donnie740

May 28, 2021
An adult coming on a message board to call young kids names is a coward. Shouldnt expect much more from an Oshawa fan I guess.

I’m a Generals fan, but I completely agree with how cringeworthy it is to condemn Velliaris for pummeling Cal Ritchie.

There’s an old expression that says if you don’t want none, don’t start none.

Ritchie tried to rough things up with Velliaris so it shouldn’t be shocking that Velliaris decided to drop his gloves.

While I didn’t enjoy seeing Ritchie absorb a half dozen punches to his head without realizing he need to drop his stick and gloves to engage and protect himself, I certainly didn’t think it warranted a four game suspension.

Next thing you know, someone is going to be urging police to press battery charges against Velliaris.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad