Peterborough Petes 2023-24 Season Thread (Part Two)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Naz

Nov 25, 2008
Everywhere
Oshawa is 3-4 over the last 4 games for turtling and getting people suspended.
Probably the new softest team in the league. (Took the title from Ottawa)
Have them try to do that to Roobroeck, Punnett or even Kumpulainen and I guarantee they won't Turtle, but jump players that generally don't fight, Skalba4: you won the fight though :laugh:

Zebra

Feb 12, 2017
I am loving the new Jerseys !!!

Must be just warm up jerseys but I want one

Nope not just warm up jerseys -actual game jerseys

Last edited:
Reactions: Section5Petes

HUSH10

Sep 16, 2019
Have them try to do that to Roobroeck, Punnett or even Kumpulainen and I guarantee they won't Turtle, but jump players that generally don't fight, Skalba4: you won the fight though :laugh:
They went after Delisle and Graham in that skirmish but when Punnett and Roobroeck wanted someone to answer the call, Peterborough decided the rough housing was over.

Section5Petes

Nov 14, 2022
These new jerseys are absolutely amazing! 🔥🔥🔥 Was a nice surprise at tonight’s game and the black helmet, gloves, pants and socks really just tie it all together. fantastic design by the Petes and I think we might have one of the best jersey trios in the league imo 👀
1705809102391.jpeg

Reactions: Zebra

Petes

Jun 23, 2014
Never too soon to look towards next season… here’s what I was able to come up with. Thoughts??

Melee-Young-McCallum

Lefebrve-08-Taylor

OA?-Partidge-Addy

Lynds-Del Colombo-Cadorin

Matejicek-Cameron

Strohack-Ladds

Woulds-Import

08 or Hartnell

Bowen

Johnston

HockeyPops

Aug 20, 2018
I suppose it's possible, but I wouldn't be counting on it. We've had some good centers drafted high come through the Soo recently (Hayton, McConnell-Barker, Martin) but I don't remember any of them playing top 6 their first year.

Petes1

Oct 26, 2002
I suppose it's possible, but I wouldn't be counting on it. We've had some good centers drafted high come through the Soo recently (Hayton, McConnell-Barker, Martin) but I don't remember any of them playing top 6 their first year.

Hayton, McConnell-Barker and Martin were rookies on very good SSM teams.

HockeyPops

Aug 20, 2018
I'd still look at plugging that hole with an import or an OA. It's a lot to ask of a 16 year old kid, even on a non contending team.

OHL Observer

May 20, 2023
Never too soon to look towards next season… here’s what I was able to come up with. Thoughts??

Melee-Young-McCallum

Lefebrve-08-Taylor

OA?-Partidge-Addy

Lynds-Del Colombo-Cadorin

Matejicek-Cameron

Strohack-Ladds

Woulds-Import

08 or Hartnell

Bowen

Johnston
I think you’re delusional. They can’t just run on 16 and 17 year olds for a full season. As much as it’s a development league and I’m excited to see what these young guys have to bring when they are older. And let’s not give up on this season. Let’s enjoy watching this young team develop. I also see some names missing there of some of the current top players. Where’s Pagé? He’s been one of the best players since trade deadline. If I were an 08 the Petes wouldn’t be the team I’d want to be drafted to. I don’t see more than 1 forward and maybe a denfencman making the team next year.

Petes

Jun 23, 2014
I think you’re delusional. They can’t just run on 16 and 17 year olds for a full season. As much as it’s a development league and I’m excited to see what these young guys have to bring when they are older. And let’s not give up on this season. Let’s enjoy watching this young team develop. I also see some names missing there of some of the current top players. Where’s Pagé? He’s been one of the best players since trade deadline. If I were an 08 the Petes wouldn’t be the team I’d want to be drafted to. I don’t see more than 1 forward and maybe a denfencman making the team next year.
We will revisit this.

The lineup I posted has 1 rookie goalie, 2 rookie defenceman and 4 rookie forwards. Hell of a lot less that we we are currently throwing out there on a nightly basis. This team isn’t getting fixed in one offseason. They’re going to be VERY young again next season.

I did forget Page. Plug him into the bottom 6 somewhere.

OHL Observer

May 20, 2023
We will revisit this.

The lineup I posted has 1 rookie goalie, 2 rookie defenceman and 4 rookie forwards. Hell of a lot less that we we are currently throwing out there on a nightly basis. This team isn’t getting fixed in one offseason. They’re going to be VERY young again next season.

I did forget Page. Plug him into the bottom 6 somewhere.
Aren’t you the guy who had Faulkner in top 6 before season started. Now you don’t have him in line up? Good thing you’re just a keyboard manager and not the real one or the Petes would have to consider folding. You are very right. This will be revisited in 6 months. Let’s hope the boys that are here now can keep progressing as the season moves on. I was impressed with the Saginaw game. If we didn’t have a 16 year old on the ice every shift that was a very winnable game.

• Haha
Reactions: Petes

Petes

Jun 23, 2014
Aren’t you the guy who had Faulkner in top 6 before season started. Now you don’t have him in line up? Good thing you’re just a keyboard manager and not the real one or the Petes would have to consider folding. You are very right. This will be revisited in 6 months. Let’s hope the boys that are here now can keep progressing as the season moves on. I was impressed with the Saginaw game. If we didn’t have a 16 year old on the ice every shift that was a very winnable game.
Sorry, I forgot to include your boy Page in my projected lineup. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad