Peterborough Petes 2023-24 Season Thread (Part Two)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Section7fan

Feb 12, 2018
Why was my earlier post removed? I have no message from any mods, just mysteriously it disappeared. If there is a problem with a post, shouldn't we be notified what the problem is? As far as I am concerned, the post was factual.
Likely because you’re trying to get a rise out of people here? You weren’t notified and you came back to check and your last sentence is proof.

Nobody here cares that your team is decent and ours is losing. Come back when your team ends the streak of 30 plus years of not winning the O.

analyser

Jan 7, 2014
The Pete's goalies have been playing great for the last 2 games, 56 and 48 shots directed their way. They gave up 6 goals on 104 shots with 1 an empty netter.

That type of goaltending and the young players you acquired will keep you very competitive.

Reactions: Section5Petes

HockeyPops

Aug 20, 2018
Likely because you’re trying to get a rise out of people here?
Ah, at least now I know who reported it. Everyone else on your board gave the post a like so pretty much nobody else feels the way you do about it.

But actually the post I replied to was worse than mine. Criticizing the coaching staff for a poor record when pulling the goalie <- when analytically everyone in hockey knows it's the right thing to do. But sure, pointing out the results when the goalie wasn't pulled is oh so bad??? No, it's refuting the post I quoted. Coaching staff would be dumb to leave the goalie in.

Sorry if you interpreted my post as being just for a rise.

Zebra

Feb 12, 2017
In The Examiner, Rob Wilson says Bowen is likely to get a start this weekend- so maybe Bowen?
I wasn’t even going to watch/listen to last night‘s game.
I was worried I would be witnessing the destruction of a goalie’s confidence.

I underestimated the MIGHTY Maroon and White!

ptbopete

Oct 4, 2009
Peterborough, ON
Last night was a reward for Petes fans who have stuck around to see this young group develop this year. Highly improbable outcome between two teams going in completely different directions. Amazing game by Easton Rye. He's a keeper in two senses of the word!

Having said all of that, London completely outplayed the Petes and should have won but damn, something that the Petes were doing was getting in the heads of London and the Knights weren't finishing on chances. Rye stopped some of those chances of course but still.....

Section7fan

Feb 12, 2018
Ah, at least now I know who reported it. Everyone else on your board gave the post a like so pretty much nobody else feels the way you do about it.

But actually the post I replied to was worse than mine. Criticizing the coaching staff for a poor record when pulling the goalie <- when analytically everyone in hockey knows it's the right thing to do. But sure, pointing out the results when the goalie wasn't pulled is oh so bad??? No, it's refuting the post I quoted. Coaching staff would be dumb to leave the goalie in.

Sorry if you interpreted my post as being just for a rise.
Lol I didn’t report it. It didn’t hurt my feelings, I simply gave a likely reason why it may have been reported. You do know that MODs can delete stuff without it being reported right?

There was another post aimed at yours so so maybe they hurt your feelings by reporting it.

• Haha
Reactions: I Loveallsports

Section5Petes

Nov 14, 2022
Reactions: Bra Wavers

OHL Observer

May 20, 2023
Peterborough with just 1 win in their last 10 (nobody else in the league has fewer than 2). I wonder who they beat again...
Come back in 2 years and say that. It’s a full rebuild. Best of luck to your team. When was your last championship? We’re still enjoying ours. By the time we come down from this high we’ll be hoisting the trophy again. Best of luck to you my friend!

Section5Petes

Nov 14, 2022
'Hey Alex, I'll take a full Petes lineup for $500!'
12 Forwards and 6 Defencemen for the Petes tonight and it really feels like a long time since the Petes have been able to do that. Haley and Binnie scratched tonight, and Sztuska starting

Reactions: Zebra

Zebra

Feb 12, 2017
Did they say Lockhart was a scratch for Oshawa?

I love to watch him play but I would be relieved if he is a scratch

Apparently he is a scratch for a “broken team rule “

Last edited:

NorthernVoice

Oct 5, 2017
Three straight home games with scored tied with less than 10 to go and then take a penalty and lose. Gotta learn.
Not loving the pattern. Tonight's call wasn't as bad as the last couple, Dylan Roobroeck is so uncoordinated that little tap probably did actually knock the stick from his hands.

Petes

Jun 23, 2014
Disappointing end result but you have to love seeing all three goals come from guys who will be here for the next four years. Cadorin, Addy and Taylor.

Happy for Cadorin who finally gets his first. Kid works hard and has had some nice chances… finally gets rewarded.

ktownfan

Apr 28, 2022
I've watched Addy this year in OS and said that when you got him Kid has an NHL shot, just needs to get some speed on to that big frame. You will like him more and more. Taylor had a nice goal, seems a bit cocky after his goal, but taking a stupid penalty like that and costing your team the game will take that out of him.

Reactions: Zebra
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad