Peterborough Petes 2023-24 Season Thread (Part Two)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

OHL4Life

Sep 6, 2017
It will come down to how desperate teams are. OS may look at Addy and think he is never going to amount to anything and he would be a bust. We don’t know that. But, barring that, you are right. Shocking that a 1st rounder went in a deal like that. I need to see the picks before I fully make a judgement though.

one thing about owen sound's situation is they have crawford and nansi that are 2nd and 4th round picks that are both in the top 20 scoring for 07s, so i can see how they perhaps view addy as more expendable.

i do think that there are tons of teams that are not just holding as is, like north bay, ottawa, flint that probably should sell but dont seem all that interested.

considering no other team has a prospect of that caliber on the table i say good luck with that.
ill take young and 4 picks or taylor/villenueve/walton and 4 picks over anyone that the soo has. id to martin for beck one for one. walton would be better than any player the soo can offer.

Section5Petes

Nov 14, 2022
If you get a 1st for Smith and McCue, you will get five of them for Beck….. I mean Seriously? Teams are going to have to go out there and acquire extra 1sts to make a deal for Beck.

I think this is a sign of the market. Very few teams have committed to sell. If these are the prices right now, I hope the 67’s get in on the action.
Could not believe that those two players got an '07 1st. really shaping up to be a sellers market I guess. I mean I still can't see Martin in a deal but this is a strong market setter...

Reactions: howlman

NorthernVoice

Oct 5, 2017
McCue is a good player who might hold more value around the league than his numbers indicate, I think the Petes will miss him more than Smith, with him likely having 2.5 more years in the league and being one of the only guys potentially on the roster next year who can score.

That said, for the Petes current situation and when their earliest next competitive window likely is, this deal is a bit of a no brainer.

DWI Dale

Mar 23, 2014
The Soo
ill take young and 4 picks or taylor and 4 picks over anyone that the soo has. id to martin for beck one for one.

That maybe the case but I suspect the Soo balks at any deal involving Martin. If Peterborough thinks there's a better deal out there they should by all means take what's best for their franchise.

I believe the X-factor could be where Beck wishes to go, whether that's the Soo or elsewhere.

OHL4Life

Sep 6, 2017
That maybe the case but I suspect the Soo balks at any deal involving Martin. If Peterborough thinks there's a better deal out there they should by all means take what's best for their franchise.

I believe the X-factor could be where Beck wishes to go, whether that's the Soo or elsewhere.

for sure, but theres just as much of a chance that that 'x factor' plays against them then for them.

sudbury could outbit them if they want, no question. other issue for the soo is that they covet hayes as well, but flint isnt hot and bothered about moving him either, so they will have to overpay. brown and a pick probably wont get it done.

User13452

Jan 7, 2022
Idk if the bus left today for sarnia but be interested to see who doesn’t board it today or tomorrow. Maybe they’ll just leave page in sarnia after the game

Maybe it could be Beck and McCoy to the Soo...
Martin be in the deal for sure then

DWI Dale

Mar 23, 2014
The Soo
for sure, but theres just as much of a chance that that 'x factor' plays against them then for them.

sudbury could outbit them if they want, no question. other issue for the soo is that they covet hayes as well, but flint isnt hot and bothered about moving him either, so they will have to overpay. brown and a pick probably wont get it done.

i'm by no means saying beck is "soo or bust", but I also think the chances are slim that Sudbury is one of his preferred destinations. just my 2 cents. ;)

Millpond

Dec 5, 2015
Addy is a nice add for Ptbo. Great size, physical, first-round selection. He'll fit their game well moving forward.
Nico is just starting to find his way.

The Attack have Nansi and Crawford who are both way ahead of him in development.

What are we getting in Sam McCue

User13452

Jan 7, 2022
It’s definitely less likely the move melee and McCoy they still need to have some veteran experience in the room. Plus they can get what they would get now in the offseason most likely

Reactions: Section5Petes

ktownfan

Apr 28, 2022

The Attack have Nansi and Crawford who are both way ahead of him in development.

Crawford is way ahead of schedule, Nansi finding his way, getting lots of opportunity, Not producing alot, but getting lots of opportunity. Addy seems willing to use his big body, has an NHL shot, he will be effective in the years to come.

Reactions: Millpond

sidomi28

Dec 24, 2023

You're getting a player that will work his bag off. His skating is subpar, and his skill isn't top-notch, but has a potential scoring touch, and will hit/fight as needed. Wasn't able to crack the line up last year ahead of any current guys. But I think the potential is there if he can even sniff how good Max is once developed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad