Peterborough Petes 2023-24 Season Thread (Part Two)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Bra Wavers

Feb 19, 2016
Congrats to Liam Sztuska on his 52 save shutout vs Missy. It was a nice bounce back from his recent struggles.
Facing that many shots will be the new reality for Petes’ goalies with at least 1 (and likely 2) veteran Dman heading out the door very soon.
I hope the OA(s) the Petes get in return are character guys who can continue the development of the younger Petes.

Petesfan8

Dec 18, 2017
Congrats to Liam Sztuska on his 52 save shutout vs Missy. It was a nice bounce back from his recent struggles.
Facing that many shots will be the new reality for Petes’ goalies with at least 1 (and likely 2) veteran Dman heading out the door very soon.
I hope the OA(s) the Petes get in return are character guys who can continue the development of the younger Petes.
This may help Sztuska`s trade value.

Zebra

Feb 12, 2017
Happy New Year Petes Nation !

And so it starts with the trading -I love our lads and they are a forever “team” in my heart .
I think of all of them as Petes -

I know it has to be done but I will miss them

Reactions: Section5Petes

Zebra

Feb 12, 2017
Well. We all saw what was written. How true is the rumour? Are we really losing our beloved spark plug?
I think we are going to “lose” a lot -I feel like we lost some of our heart in trading Lockhart.
We lost our playoff MVP -in Simpson -I loved his quote about how “we are the real Petes”

I suppose I (incorrectly) think of them as “lost” because I don’t see a return for them yet

But I have faith in management -and I have a nice ring to remind me of my faith

OMG67

Sep 1, 2013
Mods struck again! I don’t have the information on it but it does appear that way.

The interesting part is if true, it would be two depth 18 year olds. Why would Sarnia want/need two depth 18 year olds? It would make sense if they were moving a couple of their guys for picks and needed some servicable bodies. Those are the types of guys you can usually get in the preseason or at the beginning of the season cheaper so I can’t see it being a deal to benefit next year. You gotta think they need the bodies in the lineup now. Both returning for another year would be more of a bonus.

Petes1987

Oct 13, 2013
Doubt they’d trade Martin which means no 07… Brown ++ ?

Draft pick situation:

2024: 2 2nds, 0 3rds, 3 4ths
2025: 0 2nd, 1 3rd, 2 4ths
2026: 0 2nd, 1 3rd, 1 4th
I hope the Petes are able to get a 17 year old forward plus the two 2nds in 2024 and the 3rd in 2026 and a 4th. If Konnor Smith is involved with the Owen Beck trade a 17 year old defenceman and the 2nd in 2027 and a 4th.

Section5Petes

Nov 14, 2022
Doubt they’d trade Martin which means no 07… Brown ++ ?

Draft pick situation:

2024: 2 2nds, 0 3rds, 3 4ths
2025: 0 2nd, 1 3rd, 2 4ths
2026: 0 2nd, 1 3rd, 1 4th
ok frankly (and obviously) the Petes have to do everything they can to pry Martin out of the Soo and Oke knows this. if not of course, if the players are Virgilio and Brown, i would expect Mike Oke to flip at least one of those 2nd round picks for future ones at the draft

Reactions: Section7fan

jjhound

Oct 17, 2016
Is Kostov the better prospect than Brown?
Currently yes. In time will both be really solid players. Both contribute now but Kostov could be a physical player with 20 plus scoring as early as next year.

Section5Petes

Nov 14, 2022
can’t say i saw this one coming… all signs were pointing to Beck and Smith to the Soo. and McCue gone is something too

OMG67

Sep 1, 2013
Are the Petes going to come away from this trade deadline with three first round 2007s?

If you get a 1st for Smith and McCue, you will get five of them for Beck….. I mean Seriously? Teams are going to have to go out there and acquire extra 1sts to make a deal for Beck.

I think this is a sign of the market. Very few teams have committed to sell. If these are the prices right now, I hope the 67’s get in on the action.

OHL4Life

Sep 6, 2017
If you get a 1st for Smith and McCue, you will get five of them for Beck….. I mean Seriously? Teams are going to have to go out there and acquire extra 1sts to make a deal for Beck.

I think this is a sign of the market. Very few teams have committed to sell. If these are the prices right now, I hope the 67’s get in on the action.
if the soo are so hot after beck its got to be for martin or nothing as far as im concerned.

OMG67

Sep 1, 2013
if the soo are so hot after beck its got to be for martin or nothing as far as im concerned.

It will come down to how desperate teams are. OS may look at Addy and think he is never going to amount to anything and he would be a bust. We don’t know that. But, barring that, you are right. Shocking that a 1st rounder went in a deal like that. I need to see the picks before I fully make a judgement though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad