Peterborough Petes 2023-24 Off-Season Thread

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

NorthernVoice

Oct 5, 2017
And is he even better than Mackenzie parsons or schenkel?
He had a higher save percentage than all of them behind a much worse team and if a team cares about playoff experience he has an OHL Championship even if it's as a backup.

He's one of the better goalies in the league. I don't think he should be sold short just because there isn't necessarily an opening for him anywhere right now.

I've said it before but I think him staying or going is the difference between the Petes making the playoffs this year (yes as a low seed) or not.

Reactions: Section5Petes

Petes

Jun 23, 2014
Wilson says in paper there will be roster moves made before Thursday…

I’m thinking Marenette to Lindsay. Johnston to Stouffville. Not sure what they’ll do with the forwards.

Edit: Johnston will stick around until Rye has recovered from his injury if they’re gunna rotate the four OAs. Will need him to backup when Bowen is in there.

Petes1987

Oct 13, 2013
[
Wilson says in paper there will be roster moves made before Thursday…

I’m thinking Marenette to Lindsay. Johnston to Stouffville. Not sure what they’ll do with the forwards.

Edit: Johnston will stick around until Rye has recovered from his injury if they’re gunna rotate the four OAs. Will need him to backup when Bowen is in there.

I don’t think the Petes need to reassign or trade a forward at this time. They only have 14 currently on the roster and will have to sit an overage forward if they dress Liam Sztuska. I am thinking that they likely will trade for a forward to add to their 2006 or 2007 age group.

On defence they still have nine defencemen on the roster. I think five of the starting six are set. Carson Cameron, Martin Matejicek, Matthew Jensen, Grayden Strohack and Liam Ladds are locks for positions. The six and seventh spots are between William Haley, Blake Gowan and Genc Ula. I think they need to go with two 16 year olds instead of a 19 year old. I agree Thanasi Marentette will likely be an affiliate player.

In goal the starting position is between Liam Sztuska and Zach Bowen with Easton Rye as backup. Masen Johnston will be the 3rd string goaltender as an affiliate.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad