Peterborough Petes 2023-24 Off-Season Thread

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

NorthernVoice

Oct 5, 2017
And is he even better than Mackenzie parsons or schenkel?
He had a higher save percentage than all of them behind a much worse team and if a team cares about playoff experience he has an OHL Championship even if it's as a backup.

He's one of the better goalies in the league. I don't think he should be sold short just because there isn't necessarily an opening for him anywhere right now.

I've said it before but I think him staying or going is the difference between the Petes making the playoffs this year (yes as a low seed) or not.

Reactions: Section5Petes

Petes

Jun 23, 2014
Wilson says in paper there will be roster moves made before Thursday…

I’m thinking Marenette to Lindsay. Johnston to Stouffville. Not sure what they’ll do with the forwards.

Edit: Johnston will stick around until Rye has recovered from his injury if they’re gunna rotate the four OAs. Will need him to backup when Bowen is in there.

Petes1987

Oct 13, 2013
[
Wilson says in paper there will be roster moves made before Thursday…

I’m thinking Marenette to Lindsay. Johnston to Stouffville. Not sure what they’ll do with the forwards.

Edit: Johnston will stick around until Rye has recovered from his injury if they’re gunna rotate the four OAs. Will need him to backup when Bowen is in there.

I don’t think the Petes need to reassign or trade a forward at this time. They only have 14 currently on the roster and will have to sit an overage forward if they dress Liam Sztuska. I am thinking that they likely will trade for a forward to add to their 2006 or 2007 age group.

On defence they still have nine defencemen on the roster. I think five of the starting six are set. Carson Cameron, Martin Matejicek, Matthew Jensen, Grayden Strohack and Liam Ladds are locks for positions. The six and seventh spots are between William Haley, Blake Gowan and Genc Ula. I think they need to go with two 16 year olds instead of a 19 year old. I agree Thanasi Marentette will likely be an affiliate player.

In goal the starting position is between Liam Sztuska and Zach Bowen with Easton Rye as backup. Masen Johnston will be the 3rd string goaltender as an affiliate.

Last edited:

Petes1987

Oct 13, 2013
So, McIntyre and Lefebvre are both assistant captains, seems a pretty sure bet Sztuska is the one moved.

I was thinking the same thing after see it on X (Twitter). I think Zach Bowen can handle the starting goaltender position. He had a good record at start of last season but struggled playing behind the rebuild defence after the trade deadline in his limited starts after his injury. I was not at the barbecue was there anybody that was on the season roster not there?

Petesfan8

Dec 18, 2017
I was thinking the same thing after see it on X (Twitter). I think Zach Bowen can handle the starting goaltender position. He had a good record at start of last season but struggled playing behind the rebuild defence after the trade deadline in his limited starts after his injury. I was not at the barbecue was there anybody that was on the season roster not there?

Let's not forget last yesr's captain Duston McCoy was traded.

Sorry, Donovan Mccoy.

Reactions: Section5Petes

Petes1987

Oct 13, 2013

Sorry, Donovan Mccoy.
Yes he was traded but not right after being named captain or an alternate captain. I am not saying that Chase Lefebvre, Jonathan Melee or Ryder MacIntyre will not be traded this season if the Petes get the right offer for them but I think there is a good chance that all three will be Peterborough’s overages to start the season.

Ogie Junior

Apr 6, 2020
Yes he was traded but not right after being named captain or an alternate captain. I am not saying that Chase Lefebvre, Jonathan Melee or Ryder MacIntyre will not be traded this season if the Petes get the right offer for them but I think there is a good chance that all three will be Peterborough’s overages to start the season.
Could they not still do like they did last year with Lockhart and just healthy scratch one until a suitable trading partner materializes?

Petes1987

Oct 13, 2013
Could they not still do like they did last year with Lockhart and just healthy scratch one until a suitable trading partner materializes?
That is definitely a possibility but I think the player traded will be Liam Sztuska. I am sure there is a market for an overage goaltender at this point but once the season starts a team could decide they need an upgrade in goal and decide that Sztuska fits their needs.

frontsfan67

Dec 3, 2022
That is definitely a possibility but I think the player traded will be Liam Sztuska. I am sure there is a market for an overage goaltender at this point but once the season starts a team could decide they need an upgrade in goal and decide that Sztuska fits their needs.
Before Brantford made that trade for leenders I called sztuska going to either Brantford or London. Now with Brantford getting leenders- think the runaway favourite here has to be London. Also helps a year ago they made that trade for another OA goalie from the Pete’s in Michael Simpson

Petes1987

Oct 13, 2013
Before Brantford made that trade for leenders I called sztuska going to either Brantford or London. Now with Brantford getting leenders- think the runaway favourite here has to be London. Also helps a year ago they made that trade for another OA goalie from the Pete’s in Michael Simpson
I think London may wait to make a trade for an overage goaltender. They will likely allow Owen Willmore a chance to be the starting goaltender but if he falters they may trade for a goaltender. There may be other teams that want an overage goaltender. Windsor is a team that I could see wanting an upgrade in goal and there may be others.

Reactions: frontsfan67

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad