Peterborough Petes 2022-23 Season Thread

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Section5Petes

Nov 14, 2022
Well now with North Bay loading up with Zito, it most likely takes them out of any more big trades. Will be interesting to see what happens next few weeks with the Petes. Is it Wright/Roger, Kyrou, Hayes, or some other combination. The most exciting time of the year is upon us!

Reactions: dirty12

Square Corners

Mar 1, 2018
Well now with North Bay loading up with Zito, it most likely takes them out of any more big trades. Will be interesting to see what happens next few weeks with the Petes. Is it Wright/Roger, Kyrou, Hayes, or some other combination. The most exciting time of the year is upon us!
Agree. They would have to moved Romani or the NCP first roudner. Assume they wouldnt trade Romani hes basically our Lardis. I know Stan would never trade his 1st rounder. Not sure if the new GM shares that philosophy

User13452

Jan 7, 2022
View attachment 620515
It should pretty much follow the same timeline as the Akil Thomas trade

Good deal for North Bay. Used up their last 2 2nds, a 3rd and some conditional picks so I would say they are pretty well done on the trade market for the most part. Could still potentially tinker with some depth pieces
North bay is loaded they could still move Romani or Procyszyn if they wanna get crazy

Section5Petes

Nov 14, 2022
North bay is loaded they could still move Romani or Procyszyn if they wanna get crazy
They absolutely could move them but other teams could be willing to move their first as well and also have a 2nd or two, or a 3rd to throw in the deal. North Bay doesn't have those picks but again anything is possible

User13452

Jan 7, 2022
They absolutely could move them but other teams could be willing to move their first as well and also have a 2nd or two, or a 3rd to throw in the deal. North Bay doesn't have those picks but again anything is possible
Nope it’s the Petes turn and I feel like it’ll be Wright and Roger or Wright and and Overager from somewhere else

Section5Petes

Nov 14, 2022
Nope it’s the Petes turn and I feel like it’ll be Wright and Roger or Wright and and Overager from somewhere else
Yeah I've got a really good feeling about Wright too. If he doesn't get sent back to the OHL then we need to be ready to pivot. Either way, we are most likely gonna use up all our 2nds and 3rds and possibly Van Volsen too.
If Wright gets sent back:
C - Shane Wright and D - Ben Roger
Maybe try for another depth forward/dman with the remaining 4th and 5ths

If Wright doesn't get sent back:
RW - Avery Hayes (I want Hayes so much)
D - Christian Kyrou

Everyone definitely feel free to add more to this list or create your own desired/potential trade targets

Zebra

Feb 12, 2017
I can’t make a list

I don’t want to part with any more of our players

But I SERIOUSLY believe Shane Wright said he wanted to be a Pete when he spoke of the chemistry with Othman -I think that’s as close as a player can come to saying it publicly

I am just apprehensive about what that would cost us

Newbie Observer

Feb 18, 2019
Issue is no trade options. Regardless of who the player is, they all have them and player has to want to leave....could be an issue

User13452

Jan 7, 2022
I can’t make a list

But I SERIOUSLY believe Shane Wright said he wanted to be a Pete when he spoke of the chemistry with Othman -I think that’s as close as a player can come to saying it publicly

Do you wanna win or just win a couple rounds? Right now North Bay is much better and let’s not forget after the first round the Petes aren’t likely to have home ice

Section5Petes

Nov 14, 2022
I can’t make a list

A hypothetical Shane Wright and Ben Roger deal would presumably be Jack Van Volsen, 2 2nds, 3 3rds. I agree that it would wipe our cupboards out and decimate our future but this is our chance to win. We have to make that trade and we won't have another team this talented for a long time

Section5Petes

Nov 14, 2022
Issue is no trade options. Regardless of who the player is, they all have them and player has to want to leave....could be an issue
So you're saying that we might have trouble making trades because our players won't want to leave Peterborough?

If so, reminds me of the 2019-2020 season where we acquired Akil Thomas for Cam Butler and picks. The trade was supposed to be much bigger with both Thomas AND Phil Tomasino coming to Peterborough but JR Avon wouldn't waive his no trade clause to go to Niagara. Imagine if that trade went through

dirty12

Mar 6, 2015
A hypothetical Shane Wright and Ben Roger deal would presumably be Jack Van Volsen, 2 2nds, 3 3rds. I agree that it would wipe our cupboards out and decimate our future but this is our chance to win. We have to make that trade and we won't have another team this talented for a long time
The Petes have good ‘04 born players. All of KGN, Saginaw, Niagara, Guelph, SBY, Soo just might place a large premium on those considering the OHL host the memorial cup next season.

Section5Petes

Nov 14, 2022
The Petes have good ‘04 born players. All of KGN, Saginaw, Niagara, Guelph, SBY, Soo just might place a large premium on those considering the OHL host the memorial cup next season.
Exactly and that's another reason why I'm confident with making a potential Wright or another star player deal and go ALL in. We will be able to recoup some value over the next couple years

OMG67

Sep 1, 2013
Yeah I've got a really good feeling about Wright too. If he doesn't get sent back to the OHL then we need to be ready to pivot. Either way, we are most likely gonna use up all our 2nds and 3rds and possibly Van Volsen too.

D - Christian Kyrou

Everyone definitely feel free to add more to this list or create your own desired/potential trade targets

You guys are in tough to get Shane Wright just by himself. You have VanVolsen and the 2nds and 3rds but after that deal is completed, you are in /north Bay’s position of no more picks. That means you likely need to move bodies to get the OA. I don’t think you get Wright and Roger for what the projection is just for Wright.

Zebra

Feb 12, 2017
Maybe Wright will tell Kingston he will only go to Peterborough -if rumours are believed then Wright is semi angry with Kingston -probably feels he owes them nothing.

He could tie Kingston’s hands and only waive his NTC for Peterborough -which means Oke could be in the drivers seat

OMG67

Sep 1, 2013
Maybe Wright will tell Kingston he will only go to Peterborough -if rumours are believed then Wright is semi angry with Kingston -probably feels he owes them nothing.

He could tie Kingston’s hands and only waive his NTC for Peterborough -which means Oke could be in the drivers seat
Any player on any team could do that. It doesn’t mean it will happen. Kingston will not take less than fair market value and nor should they. What you are suggesting is same as someone like Frankie Pinelli demanding a trade to Ottawa to play with his brother and then Boyd has Kitchener over a barrel? I’m not too sure players want to be in a situation where that goes to the media, nor do their NHL teams.

I could see it now, “Wright demands trade to Peterborough and ends up staying with Kingston.” That would look great and Seattle would be livid. If I am Kingston, all I do is throw that headline at Shane Wright and Ron Francis and see what they say.

It is reasonable to request a trade to a contender. You can even give a ranked list. But it needs to have 2-3 teams on the list so it is fair to the team holding the players rights. IF the team ranked first. On the list is fair, then great. But if the team ranked first wants to lowball? Nope. Next.

ottsabrefan

May 19, 2011
Ottawa
Any player on any team could do that. It doesn’t mean it will happen. Kingston will not take less than fair market value and nor should they. What you are suggesting is same as someone like Frankie Pinelli demanding a trade to Ottawa to play with his brother and then Boyd has Kitchener over a barrel? I’m not too sure players want to be in a situation where that goes to the media, nor do their NHL teams.

I could see it now, “Wright demands trade to Peterborough and ends up staying with Kingston.” That would look great and Seattle would be livid. If I am Kingston, all I do is throw that headline at Shane Wright and Ron Francis and see what they say.

It is reasonable to request a trade to a contender. You can even give a ranked list. But it needs to have 2-3 teams on the list so it is fair to the team holding the players rights. IF the team ranked first. On the list is fair, then great. But if the team ranked first wants to lowball? Nope. Next.
I agree. It’s not like Kingston and Peterborough are best friends. Personally, I’d rather keep Wright then hand him over for peanuts to a team that traded McTavish to Hamilton last year. Don’t think Cooper doesn’t remember that.

Bra Wavers

Feb 19, 2016
I agree. It’s not like Kingston and Peterborough are best friends. Personally, I’d rather keep Wright then hand him over for peanuts to a team that traded McTavish to Hamilton last year. Don’t think Cooper doesn’t remember that.
The Petes traded McTavish to Hamilton because that was the only team he agreed to be traded to.

Reactions: Section5Petes

Bra Wavers

Feb 19, 2016

D - Christian Kyrou

I love Hayes too. Unfortunately, it sounds like he is only interested in being traded to Flint.
This makes sense because his brother plays in Flint and he is a Michigan native who grew up about an hour away from Flint.

Zebra

Feb 12, 2017
I guess I just feel like we don’t need any more scoring punch (which would further reduce ice time for Robertson, Avon, Lardis, Othmann etc) when maybe what we really need is defence

Reactions: ptbopete

OMG67

Sep 1, 2013
The Petes traded McTavish to Hamilton because that was the only team he agreed to be traded to.
Hamilton paid fair market value. The suggestion on here is the Petes will pay what they accepted for MacT but get Roger as a throw in. Roger has value. Probably equal to a 2nd and a 3rd. Petes don’t have that extra 2nd and 3rd so they need to add same value as an additional player.

If Van Volsen is comparable to Pharand then an equal return for Wright would be:

Van Volsen
Melee
Two 2nds
Three 3rds

What will you add for Roger?

McCoy and a couple 5ths? Would Kingston even take that type of deal to add Roger?

Last edited:

Section5Petes

Nov 14, 2022
Hamilton paid fair market value. The suggestion on here is the Petes will pay what they accepted for MacT but get Roger as a throw in. Roger has value. Probably equal to a 2nd and a 3rd. Petes don’t have that extra 2nd and 3rd so they need to add same value as an additional player.
And I have no problem throwing Melee/ DeZoete into the deal as another player. It would most likely require that

OMG67

Sep 1, 2013
By the sounds of it, Wright seems to be doing the same thing by only wanting to go to Peterborough

I think it could be Van Volsen, DeZoete/Melee/Guo, 2 2nds, 4 3rds for Wright and Roger
You are making an assumption, actually multiple assumptions.

I am not saying Wright won’t be in Peterborough. Far from it. But I think you all need to be realistic about what you can and cannot do. You are restricted in the amount of assets you can realistically trade.

I will be the first one on here to suggest Wright isn’t worth what MacT was traded for but the realistic fair market value is probably exactly the same and Peterborough actually set the market price last season.

Now, if the Petes want Wright, they are going to likely have to pony up same for same. You can’t expect to get an OA NHL drafted player as a “throw in” for no added value. It is not realistic.

IMO, David Jesus is better value and you could probably get him for less than Rogers and maybe even for draft picks you have left. Maybe add someone like McCoy to a 5th?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad